Author Topic: IKEA Ektorp and Klippan Repository Fix  (Read 35924 times)

Online HugeLunatic

IKEA Ektorp and Klippan Repository Fix
« on: March 06, 2009, 12:07:54 AM »
Ektorp - Sofa now repository for Chair and Loveseat
This fix makes the Ektorp Chair and Ektorp Loveseat take there textures from the Ektorp Sofa.  If you recolor you only need to recolor the Ektorp Sofa.  Also, any recolors you currently have for the sofa should recolor both the chair and loveseat.  This means you can remove any recolors for the chair and loveseat.

The only custom colors you need to keep with this fix is for the Ektorp Sofa.

Klippan - Loveseat now repository for Sofa
This also makes the Klippan Sofa take its texture from the Klippan Loveseat.  If you recolor the loveseat all the colors will apply to the sofa.  Any recolors  you have of the loveseat should be available for the sofa.  This means you can remove any recolors of the sofa.  This does not recolor the heart pillow on the sofa though.  I could not get that subset to work properly, since the sofa already had two.

The only custom colors you need to keep with this fix is for the Klippan Loveseat.

:excl: Place this in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA.  This is one file that contains the fix for both the Ektorp and Klippan set.

Download
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:19:07 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, ranabluu, Karlene, LadySilverwolf, barbiepinklady, schafrym

Offline amythestfenix

• Staff Artist
  • tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/amythestfenix
Re: IKEA Ektorp and Klippan Repository Fix
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 01:03:40 AM »
This is a great fix! I love repository items. Would it be possible (whenever you have the time and desire) to get a version of the Klippan sofa with a square pillow (or no pillow) instead of the ugly heart one Maxis stuck us with? You are spoiling me and I'm getting greedy...

Online HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 01:23:38 AM »
lol  It is possible and fairly easy.  I tend to do things to keep downloads folder lite, and only add meshes when it seems necessary.  I will put it on my recently shortened to do list which now makes it longer again. :D

Nyx1961

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 01:27:16 AM »
Be grateful I don't have the Ikea sp. I'd have tons of requests. I love Ikea, especially watching hubby struggle to put it together!  :))

Offline amythestfenix

• Staff Artist
  • tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/amythestfenix
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 01:42:55 AM »
Thank you! I hate that heart pillow, but I love IKEA too! We got this loft bed several years ago for my daughter and hubby was definitely struggling with that  :))

Cynarra

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »
Can I delete my recolors of the klippan chair?

Online HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 12:53:20 AM »
Confused on whose Klippan chair you have?

If your Klippan chair is the one I made, then you should not have any recolors for it since it is already slaved to the loveseat.

Now if you mean the Ektorp, then the only colors you need are for the sofa. :)

Cynarra

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 12:06:38 AM »
The repository for the klippan is only for your chair and the sofa, correct?  So I would still need recolors for the in game klippan chair?

Online HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 12:17:10 AM »
??? There is no in game Klippan chair.  I made one and I think someone at TSR made one.

The repository fix is for EA's loveseat and sofa - making the loveseat the only one you need textures for.  I made a matching sofa (minus the heart pillow) and a chair - both of which are slaved to the loveseat.

Cynarra

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 12:57:33 AM »
??? There is no in game Klippan chair.  I made one and I think someone at TSR made one.

The repository fix is for EA's loveseat and sofa - making the loveseat the only one you need textures for.  I made a matching sofa (minus the heart pillow) and a chair - both of which are slaved to the loveseat.

:crazy Loosing my mind, I kept thinking the Karlstad chair was called Klippan!

Offline Jade37

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 09:13:59 PM »
O.K. so I just started using these furniture items and I realize the fix isn't working for me.  I have all eps/stuff packs, and I tried putting the file first in the downloads and then the bin folder to no avail.  When I had it in downloads it made the ektorp loveseat go invisible even.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  I do have the cep (last version), and recolors of the sofa do work when I tried them, but there is no texture sharing going on.

Thanks for the fixes though, they are download folder savers :)

Ohbehave007

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 07:06:30 PM »
O.K. so I just started using these furniture items and I realize the fix isn't working for me.  I have all eps/stuff packs, and I tried putting the file first in the downloads and then the bin folder to no avail.  When I had it in downloads it made the ektorp loveseat go invisible even.  Any ideas what could be wrong?  I do have the cep (last version), and recolors of the sofa do work when I tried them, but there is no texture sharing going on.

I'm having the exact same problem.

Online HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 02:50:42 PM »
Try placing this in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\zCEP-EXTRA.  This is where mine is and works fine.

Ohbehave007

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
Yup, that worked! Thanks bunches  :rockon:

HarshMelon

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2011, 11:27:52 PM »
Oh, thank you so much for the Ektorp fix! This has annoyed me since I got the SP!