Author Topic: Repository Request  (Read 7792 times)

BlueSoup

Repository Request
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »
Well...the game barfs when you get more than 40K files.  I've learned this first-hand  lol

I've been going through and deleting lots of stuff, and I've managed to delete over 4000 files, but I'm still at 42K.  Now, looking in my files, I see that there are some bigger sets with lots of files, like the Tranquility kitchen from HS.  This set is perfect for repositorying, I think, but no matter how I try, I suck at some of the more complicated things of SimPE, like this technique :(

I don't much care which piece is the Master and which are the slaves, as I tend to have all of them.  But if it could be a main piece like the couch or loveseat, that'd probably be best as that's what most recolourists would do first (so their recolours wouldn't break).

So I'm hoping that someone will take pity on my game and my sanity and consent to do these HS sets for me:

Tranquility kitchen
All the Arizona stuff living stuff, the study stuff, more study stuff :P, a desk, and finally (whew) the dining set.

The Bijoux set - Done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:08:12 PM by BlueSoup »

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Repository Request
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »
Interesting.  And I thought only Macs have file limit issues. :))  Could have sworn I've seen someone with over 50k files though.  I have no idea how you manage to wait for that to load. lol

I will take a look at the files, no idea the mapping on them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 01:50:00 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
You can find the Bijoux set as slaved files in the Member upload folder. I actually uploaded it there some days ago. The armchair is the mesh. http://sims2artists.sublimesims.net/smf/index.php?topic=900.0

I am planning to upload some add ons to the set this week. I have already made sofa tables, end tables, a desk, dining tables and a dining chair to match. Those are slave to the coffee table.

Kind regards, Helle
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:09:14 PM by hokadk47 »

BlueSoup

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 02:06:15 PM »
You can find the Bijoux set as slaved files in the Member upload folder. I actually uploaded it there some days ago. The armchair is the mesh.

Oh, I didn't see that.  Thanks for the heads up :)

Interesting.  And I thought only Macs have file limit issues. :))  Could have sworn I've seen someone with over 50k files though.  I have no idea how you manage to wait for that to load. lol

I will take a look at the files, no idea the mapping on them.

I didn't know there was a limit either, but I can't figure out what else it could be.

The weird thing is, all of my stuff works perfectly fine when I look at it in an empty lot.  But the minute I try to load a Maxis family, with no personal CC whatsoever, it crashes as soon as I try to place anything that has recolours. :\

I play Minesweeper while I wait for it to load  lol
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:08:51 PM by BlueSoup »

Dinad2610

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 03:07:53 PM »
lol

I have about 25K files in my d/l folder...and it only takes me about 5 minutes to load my game...and I have all the ep's and sp's as well...but I didn't know there was a limit either!

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 03:57:22 PM »
I have the Arizona living seating done, this is huge!  The files can be cut in 1/4 now.  :)  Comparing the surfaces will take a bit longer, cause I will combine  living/dining/study.  Just trying to find the best without too much remapping, but at a glance it doesn't appear to be too time consuming.  The dining/study seating is a bit different, will study that a bit more too to see what can be slaved.

Bijoux set I had already gotten them done before Halle mentioned they were done, but since those are showing blue for me I went ahead and remapped the ottoman to the loveseat.  Tables I still need to look at, but will probably have to remap those as well.

BlueSoup

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »
I have the Arizona living seating done, this is huge!  The files can be cut in 1/4 now.  :)  Comparing the surfaces will take a bit longer, cause I will combine  living/dining/study.  Just trying to find the best without too much remapping, but at a glance it doesn't appear to be too time consuming.  The dining/study seating is a bit different, will study that a bit more too to see what can be slaved.

Thanks so much for this, Lunie!  My Arizona folder is giant so I'm so grateful for anything I'll be able to remove later :D  Take your time, there's no rush at all.

Bijoux set I had already gotten them done before Halle mentioned they were done, but since those are showing blue for me I went ahead and remapped the ottoman to the loveseat.  Tables I still need to look at, but will probably have to remap those as well.

I haven't had time to check hers out, I've been working on reducing eyebrow file sizes.  No hurry at all :)

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »
My Arizona file is huge too! I can't wait to whittle it down to make room for MOAR STUFF  :))

Sesame

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:50:22 AM »
WOW you hardcore simmers, I only have 6K lol. I usually delete my stuff after uploading and only reinstall for screenies etc...  :D

Nyx1961

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 09:42:54 AM »
I'll take a look at the Tranquility Kitchen and see what I can do, Blue. Unlike Lunie, I can't remap anything if it needs it but if the textures line up, I'll do them. I'll let you know in a couple of days. :)

BlueSoup

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 10:35:04 AM »
Thanks, Nyx :) 

Nyx1961

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:17 AM »
Blue, I've been looking at the Tranquility kitchen for you. Can't do too much with it. The counters are already linked together. I can link the barstool to the chair, the upper corner cupboard (flowers) to the upper corner cupboard (plate) although the flowers still need to be recolored separately. Everything else is mapped so that I can't use the textures. It will save you a little bit of space, though. Sorry. It's the best I can do.  :dunno I will upload it in a bit. :) 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:34:25 AM by Nyx »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
Is it just me or is the Tranquility 1 tile table not linked to the 2 tile?  I may be losing my mind though.  I can't find the damn table in my folder even though it is in my game.

BlueSoup

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
It's not, Lunie.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 02:44:03 PM »
ah, thank you.  Not totally losing my mind.  Found the table in my folder too.  Apparently Vista search sucks as much as XP.  :sneaky2:

Off to fix that...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal