Author Topic: June Stuff...  (Read 17293 times)

Offline amythestfenix

Re: June Stuff...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 01:46:36 AM »
Praying...

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 05:09:01 AM »
This is where I am up to (png to avoid the jpg compression)

Download template so far

Download is a PSP file.
Kate - you want to have a look and see what you think about the curly tulip trim. I'm happy with everything else, but I'm thinking the trim is a little too blocky still.

I've set up the shading to avoid a grain, so we can add our own grains and wood colours into it without having to worry about it.

And yes. I have been doing this since the last time I posted. I am crazy.  :wacko
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:10:35 AM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 03:57:23 PM »
Wow, Kiri! That's a fantastic template  :love It's so easy to use! You're right that the tulip trim is still a little blocky, and if it could be smoother it would be great, however I would still use it as is. See my quick trial here:

I've still got a bunch of things to take pic of to post and I currently enjoying adventures with TXMTs- env_cubes. Asha wanted the ATS Irish pub set done in dark wood and silver for her Harry Potter game, and I've got my old templates, so I thought this will be a quick and fun recolor- a break from taking pics, slaving, cloning, doing hundreds of colors, and most annoying of all- clothing recolors- all of which are currently on my list of "finish up" projects!

Well, of course nothing is ever quite as simple and easy as it might seem. This pub, The Bloody Muggle, is not a bright and shiny kind of place, and all of Sandy's glass is very shiny. The metal is bright brass, too. All of this is controlled by the TXMTs and env_cubes. Not easily previewed outside of the game. So there's a lot of trial and error. But I'm learning new things and that's pretty cool  :))

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:06 PM »
Ahh - trial and error, my favourite!
You're doing a fantastic job on that set for Asha - and Asha definitely has some talent when it comes to making signs. So it's going to be something special when it's finished.

I've been thinking about the tulip trim. I reckon the only way to get it really looking good is to vector it so I will try that tomorrow. I don't like blocky.
I'm going to add the bay window part as well to the template - that will be way easier because it's very simple. I'll update the template when it's done.

I've started doing Lila's lighting request - incredibly easy - just a 256x128 square. Using our default textures - picked 27 random ones. I've noticed that all three lighting uses the same texture size and image. So I'm thinking this is my chance to learn to do repository and just do the 27 textures. Is it ok when I fall over to come ask you? (I want to learn repository, so this is a really good chance for me. I like to learn).

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
Kiri,
I've been looking at the template, and the one thing I think I'd add is a little drop shadow along the edges of the crown, kick, rail, and sides. I think it gives just a little more depth and definition. See pic:

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2013, 02:41:19 AM »
Absolutely Kate. It's added to my list of things to do to this template. :)

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
OK. I think I've sorted it.

I've added shadows as requested. They are separate layers, so they can be darkened or lightened as required.

I've put the curly things on a vector - you need to change the colour in the vector selection to the one you need, but it anti-aliases with the background and looks all smooth and stuff! I've also redone the curly shading, and it looks much better. I've left the tulip alone - it's way too small to be able to fiddle with, and I think the blockiness there isn't so noticeable.

I've done a Pear version, with Snow trim and Shingle and Bay window are detailed in Apple. Just testing it out now and then I'll upload the template and this new set for the playing with.

Snow isn't pure white (its 240,240, 240) - but I think I prefer that to the pure white. See what you think - it's trivially easy to tweak the colours! :D

I will put up a picture of the Pear version once I've fixed the chair rail shadows. The rest are good. But that will be tomorrow now.

I'll add it to here when I'm done. Just off to try it out in Homecrafter.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:36:22 PM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 04:18:18 PM »
I don't think I ever do anything in pure white, it's usually too bright in game. I generally use snow, or cream, or maxis white wood color, or something. I'm so looking forward to the new template.

Who would have thought that a simple recolor of an ATS set would be so frustrating? I'd forgotten how old this set is, and it has all the problems one usually finds in sets of that time. All the parts of the mesh are mapped right on top of each other, lots of parts are only TXMT recolorable, resulting in no real texture, none of it is in simlish, and some of the pieces aren't enabled for community lots!

I thought I'd fixed that for the newspaper stand bookcase- I changed the community sort in Object Data. It showed up on the lot when I went in. The next time I went on the lot, it wouldn't show up! Arrgh! I need to be able to do this and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's probably some simple thing. Do you know?

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
I'd have to have a look at the object to be certain. And yeah - I did know that some of her stuff can be challenging - I've recoloured her stuff before. :)

To be honest, sometimes I think the easiest way to fix it, is to make a new object up from a maxis object that is already set up the way you want, and the port over the mesh and stuff.

I'm about to go to bed, But I wanted you to see how things look with the new template.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »
That looks just beautiful! I think it's well worth all the work (of course, it wasn't my work, but I'm sure you know what I mean  :flowers).

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 04:19:34 AM »
What folder do you want the Tulip Grove Wall Completers in?

Shall I send them to you?

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
Yes, that would be lovely! I will post them under Build-Tulip Grove and Sticky them at the top! And put the ad on the front page  :wub
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 02:23:57 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
You have mail - it is 2Mb so let me know if it didn't get through.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 06:19:42 PM »
They're up for everyone now  :flowers

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »
Thanks Kate - I'm very happy that they're up. :)

In the meantime, I've done the Comfy Kids set, and I'm noticing that the Bench isn't picking up the recolours. (I've used the WDSComfyKidsComplete.rar) I'm going to check to make sure that it's not just that the wrong one is in there. But if it isn't, I'll fix it. It's called checking to make sure that I don't have the original one in the downloads folder as well. Sigh. I shouldn't do things before my first morning coffee.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:05:58 AM by celebkiriedhel »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal