Author Topic: An odd request...  (Read 6626 times)

Offline ElfPuddle

An odd request...
« on: April 25, 2012, 03:49:07 AM »
 o.O

Apparently I have a cc object with the same GUID as the EAFTtinyteaset. I can't find the darned thing anywhere...not even in SimPE. I know how to change GUIDs, but I can't do it since I don't know which object is the offender.

To save me from searching through a truly obese downloads folder, could someone either upload the object itself, if that's possible, or a collection file that includes that object. I could use the collection to find the offending cc and change its GUID to one of my spares.

It's an odd workaround, but I know it works. I stumbled on it by accident...the Toska table lamp had overwritten the Whodunnit lamp, as I found by looking at a collection that should have had the latter but had the former.

Hmm...I didn't mean to ramble.

Anyway, if one of you brilliant people could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!!
 :blowkiss

Offline Moune

Re: An odd request...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
I'm not quite sure which object you need uploaded. Are you looking for the original EA object and its GUID? Because you should be able to find by taking all cc out of your dl folder and then cloning it in SimPE.

Or are you looking for the offending cc object? You should be able to find that with Delphy's Downloads Organizer. It might take some time to have the program run through all your cc, but it's probably the easiest way of doing it.

CleanInstaller might actually be able to do the same thing.

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
I'm looking for one or the other.

I hadn't thought of CleanInstaller. I'll see how that goes.
Delphy's Download Organizer is also a really good idea.

Why I didn't think of removing all the CC, I don't know. I was too  :curse about going through the folder bit by bit, perhaps.

Thank you, Moune!

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:38:14 PM »
Okay, I'll admit that I'm having a really  :curse :censor day, so maybe I'm missing something really obvious.
The tea set I can't find is the one pictured here:
(That's amythestfenix's Abby Lane set. I'd post a picture of the original, but I can't find the thing.)

I tried looking for duplicates with both Delphy's Download Organizer and CleanInstaller. Though they both found duplicate objects, which I fixed, there's still no sign of the tinyteaset.
I pulled all my CC out of the game, ran SimPE, and still could not find it.

So either it's well and truly hidden, or I've somehow managed to delete it from the game.

Any suggestions?

Offline Moune

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 12:02:44 PM »
Are you absolutely sure that tea set is an EA object? Because I don't have it in my all-EP game and I can't find it in the list and pictures I have of SP objects. Maybe you downloaded it from the Store, in which case - I THINK - it would just be installed in your DL folder in general - together with your CC.

You can use SimCat to run through all the meshes in your DL folder. I don't really see any other way of finding it.

Edit:
Or you can try this. Keep all your CC in your DL folder. Open SimPE. Make sure you have ALL EP's, SP's and Store objects ticked in the file table. (To do this go to 'Extra' - 'Preferences' - 'File Table'. Tick all boxes that does NOT have greyed out text. Click 'Reload'. Wait. Click 'OK'. Go to 'Tool' - 'PJSE' - 'Refresh File Table'. Wait. Close SimPE. Open SimPE again). And THEN see what comes up in Object Workshop when you click 'Start'. You micht have both the original file and the offending clone in the objects list.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:19:28 PM by Moune »

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 03:01:34 PM »
Thank you, Moune.

It's been my impression that it's a FreeTime object. I haven't found it in SimPE even with everything you've suggested, so it's entirely possible that the mesh is cc and I'm hallucinating that I ever had it in game. Which would explain why I can't find it.

I appreciate all the help. You may all point and laugh if you like. Or recommend a good therapist for my delusions. :blush

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »
Is that tea set one that is sculpted?

Offline Moune

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:26:41 PM »
Oh my, there's no need to point and laugh at all. This game is so vast and often so complicated that we all make that kind of mistake all the time.  :)

I'd still recomment SimCat. I use it all the time, and without it I wouldn't have a fraction of a chance to keep my DL folder reasonably organized. You can get it at Paladin's Place here:

http://www.simwardrobe.com

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
That tea set is indeed a craftable item from FT, so it doesn't show in the catalog.

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 05:11:52 PM »
Thank you, Moune. That was really sweet. :)

:blush
I'd forgotten all about the craftables!
Thank you, HugeLunatic!

Knowing that will make finishing up my recoloring / cc project so much easier! Thank you!!!
 :grouphug

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal