Author Topic: Request for help  (Read 1293 times)

Offline altanna

Request for help
« on: January 03, 2022, 02:09:32 AM »
I am so confused. I am trying to play a bit, but all of a sudden, my curtains or pictures will not go where they should. They are snapping to a spot so that the bottom of the object is even with the floor. And it's not just my houses. I downloaded a furnished house and the same thing was happening there. Any ideas? I really don't want to have to reinstall, but I am ready to cry. I cannot figure this out -- I didn't touch anything! I don't know how to manipulate anything, so I don't understand how or why this is happening. I am a very sad Deb.     :scared :censor :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Request for help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
If wall stuff are dropping to the bottom, this is part of what is being called the sweet down low project.  These are meshes that have been altered in a 3d program to always be floor level, so when you shift the items they do not go dark and shadowy.

There are cep extra's being made that also do this.  I know shasta has done a fair amount, and hers typically have two versions.  The one labeled AL would have the mesh sitting at the floor.

These should be able to shift up, using the ] key.  You can shift things in your game right?  If not, then you may need to find all these things and remove them.

Offline altanna

Re: Request for help
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 07:33:08 PM »
Thank you, Lunie, for your assistance here. I had no idea you could move things like that -- it helps a lot. The Lady in Red portrait is the one I use most (have most recolors of it) and I could not understand why it was sitting on the floor! Thanks again so much!
Happy Deb    :hug :hug :hug :thx :thx :thx :woot

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal