Author Topic: Default Makeup Packages - BYO Packages  (Read 29547 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Default Makeup Packages - BYO Packages
« on: August 03, 2009, 03:26:53 AM »
These packages contain the default Maxis colors!  There are no custom images in here, you must add your own!

Ready made packages to create your own defaults.  The packages are all separate for each makeup type, but all of one type are in a package, ie: all Base Lipsticks are in one package.

Each package contains a text entry that shows the TXTR name and the corresponding ICON Image (Instance Nbr).

• Base Eyeshadow
  • Base Lipstick
  • Base Eyeliner
  • Base Blush
  • Base Face Paint - does not contain thumbs unsure if needed
  • OFB Eyeshadow
  • OFB Lipstick

DL

A very brief overview of how to create your own.  You need to be familiar with SimPE and a graphics program.  The original package example would be Bruno's Lipstick, and the default package is the one you are downloading.  If you don't want to make your own icons, you can delete those images from the package.  However, it is very useful to know which the defaults are.  I use the images from the original screenshots from the original creator. 

You can only have one default per item!  Since these packages contain all of one group, you cannot have any other singles from within the same group.  If you want to create individual packages, just export the TXTR and corresponding ICON.  When creating your own package, I highly recommend you use the Save As feature in SimPE and not overwrite this one.  You might also want to name the defaults based on the original creator.

To create your own defaults:
You need the png from the original package.  Export from original and using Build DXT5 bring into the default, Commit & Save

To create your own icons:
1. In original file select jpg/tga/png and export
2. Open in Graphics program and create new image. Save
3. Right click the jpg/tga/png in the Resource List / Replace.  When dialog box comes up, make sure to select All File Types
4. Select png from step 2
5. Save

I have also attached my xls spreadsheet with my numbers.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:18:23 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: LadySilverwolf

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Default Makeup Packages
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 07:58:01 PM »
Thanks so much, Lunie! My packages are finally working so I'm doing blush today and then I'll be done (at least until I change skin defaults  :)) )

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 08:03:56 PM »
Your welcome!  You should have seen the funny blush going on when I was trying to find which icon went where! lol  They lovely neon green writing on them.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:58:22 PM »
 :english

lol

I'm thinking this is for creators/artists and not for people like me who need you guys to make all our goodies for us :) 
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 01:33:14 AM »
Kinda sorta yes. :D

But the packages are set up for you to replace the images inside, I might do a proper tutorial next week about this.  With pictures and stuff.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:05:40 AM »
Lis, once the package has been made,  the hard part is done. All you'll have to do is take the images out of the makeup packages and put them into the default packages. Tedious but easy, and so worth it to not have townies running around in Maxis clown makeup!

Or you can try out mine and see if you like them, I'll put them up when I'm done.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
I was thinking of replacing the face masks too...because I never use them and it will eliminate the chances of townies with them.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:07:21 AM »
 lol  Thanks Kate :) 

Lunie, is this like what Blue did when she did all those eyebrows or something? 

If it is Maxis default makeup, I won't bother since I never ever use Maxis makeup.  I also never use the face masks.  I think I've used it once... Hallowe'en.. for the kids ... I think.

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:47:35 AM »
Yes, let's replace the face masks too! They are a total waste of space.

Lis, the townies and NPC's all wear Maxis makeup, so defaults mean less townies that I have to grab and makeover.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 05:10:01 AM »
I suppose this is similar to the eyebrows.  Kinda like default skins, then you never have to look at Maxis skins.  The advantage of this is that I am replacing the Maxis makeup since I never use it either.  I just have to scroll past it all and waste time finding my lovely Bruno makeup, and I have a very short attention span!

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:01:25 AM »
Ah ok, I understand now.  Thanks Kate and Lunie!!  Anything to bypass that ugly .. makeup.  They have some nerve calling that makeup... reminds me of kid's make up that you get at Toys R Us.. or don't they sell that anymore?  lol

Now I'm just waiting for someone to create fabulous makeup for TS3 and we're off to the races  :D

gayle_afcb

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:00 AM »
Oh fab having Bruno's make up as default would be just awesome - pretty sims everywhere for a change  :))

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:25 PM »
Updated the download folder with the base game face paints.  They don't contain thumbs because I *think* they are generated when playing.

Also updated the OFB Eyeshadows - I had the text entry incorrect, it was still listing the lips.

Cynarra

Re: Default Makeup Packages - BYO Packages
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 12:42:34 AM »
This was great!

I just replaced all my facemasks with Jessi-dot's fantastic freckles and such.

I am trying to figure out how to extract the Freetime Clown mask and the Holiday Stuff Santa mask, so I can cover those as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal