Author Topic: CS - Energy Efficient Modular Stairs - RECOLORABLE  (Read 18272 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

CS - Energy Efficient Modular Stairs - RECOLORABLE
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:02:57 AM »
These are extracted from Castaway Stories, I didn't do that though.  Originally by someone at MATY, and if the file is correct, someone named devils rope.  So thanks to them for this.

I have made these stairs recolorable.  Why?  Because they have great potential for stucco and marble stairs, way more than the other concrete ones. (and my favorite stucco is by sherry at sims cave)

The filename is appended, so it will not overwrite the original.  Please make sure to delete the original if you have them.  But otherwise these are base game, the script file is included as well.  These stairs have also been fixed to appear in the catalog with a proper price and description so if yours are not correct then you want this file plus the updated script file.

DL
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 04:30:43 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: croi, Squeezle

Offline amythestfenix

Re: CS - Energy Efficient Modular Stairs - RECOLORABLE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
These are very cool and I like Sherry's textures too, so....

Recolors HERE to match these walls.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:51:04 PM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: HelloPanda, Squeezle

aelflaed

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 10:36:55 AM »
Excellent! One question - I have used these stairs extensively in my castaway hood already. If I swap your file for the one I have, will the stairs need to be replaced?

Mind you, it's probably worth it to have more colour options. I don't know Sherry's textures specifically, but I hope there's one that will match the Ziggu stone from BV. My main issue with these stairs has been that they are too dark for that wall/floortile, which is also used a lot in my hood.

Thank you both for the new toys!

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 10:56:04 AM »
I thought this was a new mesh for Sims 2 ? :beg

Offline MissReval

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
Wow, I really like this old looking stair! Thank you both!!! :realbighug:

Hokadk, you confuse me! ??? :))

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 01:23:56 PM »
Oh cool! I love all the castaways stuff, can't wait to see these with Sherry's textures. Thanks for the stairs and for the recolors :grouphug

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 03:53:37 PM »
Your welcome! 

Kate thanks for the recolors. :)

aelfaed - They should still show up and now be recolorable.  I made minor text file changes (for pricing) and then added a few lines.  I just changed the filename to keep track that I changed this file in my downloads.

Helle -  These were extracted by someone else from the Sims Castaway Stories and made to be a new mesh for Sims 2.  I just made them recolorable.

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:52 PM »
Super.

A short moment I thought that it was only for Castaway - it is really nice, so now I will download it for my game too.

Kind regards, Helle

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
Thank you Lunie!

I just added Devil's Rope's version yesterday - and thought it a shame they weren't recolorable. Now they will be! And, thanks to you, I now know how to re-price stairs just how I want them.

:likeit

Offline raynuss

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
Having a few problems with these stairs.  Installed them in a vanilla game.  I have all expansions plus M&G.  I do not, nor have I ever had these stairs by Devils Rope installed in my game.

1. No proper price or description shows in the catalog.

2. Although the recoloring tool works on them in game, none of the recolors show up including those posted by amythestfenix in post #2.   (Since recoloring is her specialty, I'm assuming she knows what she's doing)  The only recolor available is the rainbow colored one to be used as a template for recoloring.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 05:47:54 AM »
These are recolorable in my game and also have the price/description.  I've updated the zip with the files I just looked at, but they *should* have been the same.  Be sure to NOT change the filename of the package or that will make price/descriptions disappear.

Offline raynuss

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 10:49:24 AM »
Redownloaded and reinstalled.  The new files show the price and description.  I noticed that the file sizes of the new files were larger than the ones I had installed from the previous download including the Scriptorium txt file.  ???  Amythestfenix's recolors still don't work though.  However, I think I found the solution to that problem.  There are two package files in the download...1. cs_energyefficientmodstairsRECbyHL.package and 2. cs_energyefficientmodstairsRecolorablebyHL.package.  I recolored file number 1. and the recolors show up in the game.  I'm assuming she recolored the second file and those recolors don't show in-game.   

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:16 PM »
The file ***RecolorablebyHL is the stairs package and the ***RECbyHL is the bright recolor shown and is not needed, but is a recolor template.  I assume she recolored the actual stairs package, since the recolors attached above show up fine in my game.  I just redownloaded those and replaced with what I had to double check.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal