Author Topic: Twikkii Island - Expanded  (Read 13086 times)

BlueSoup

Twikkii Island - Expanded
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:30:24 AM »
I've been working a lot in the past few days to get good beach terrains.  Either they work good for empty beach lots, which I hate building, or they only place a very few of the premade lots out there. 

Sophisim did an excellent edit of the Bon Voyage neighbourhood Twikkii Island but I play a rather large neighbourhood with all of the Maxis pre-made Sims, so I need a lot of space to plunk down all their houses! 

I edited Twikkii Island once more, and added an upper flat area for more houses and of course a road from the lower section so your Sims can visit each other!  Now I can play all the great lots by keef1973, which were made with Sophisim's edit and of course don't seem to fit properly on any other custom neighbourhood, since beach lots are so finicky about placement.  This one is awesome for playing many beach lots, and they don't all need to be ones you create either, for those who hate building as much as I do!

Bon Voyage is not needed, though of course it's recommended to get the most out of this neighbourhood with all of the beach lots.

You will need some sort of camera fix to see the whole neighbourhood properly; I recommend Gunmod's camera mod on this site.

To install, unzip and place all files in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/SC4Terrains.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 05:07:52 AM by BlueSoup »

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Twikkii Island - Expanded
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:34:44 AM »
This is great, Blue! I play an expanded neighborhood with all Maxis pre-mades (heavily made-over) as well, and have not yet added a Twikkii Island, since I hate the finicky-ness of beach lots. This may just be the thing as I also think those keef1973 lots are lovely!

BlueSoup

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:38:27 AM »
I am so weird about starting everything over all the time (I've been doing awesome though, since I spent like a month redoing and updating CC - don't want to lose all that work!), so I find using all the Maxis premades from all the hoods is the best thing.  Besides, a lot of them are attractive enough once you make them over, and they're so funny with their weird little quirks and personality ticks!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
I have also started over more than once, although it was usually because the game decided to self-destruct  :mad. But I like working with the backstory etc. for my Maxis sims. Veronaville is my favorite, but I'm working in Pleasantview now focusing on Darren Dreamer and his new love Bianca Monty (transferred in).

BlueSoup

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »
I just put them all into one big mega-hood.  There's a fantastic fixed version of HP's over on MATY in Peasantry.  Then I redo the terrain, now with my new and awesome terrain!

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 03:51:39 AM »
That looks cool.  I have never played that hood though since my Mac would just choke on anything that large.  Water kills it.  But now that I have this new AMD dual-core, well new to me but used.  I have just installed Vista (still contemplating installing  Vista Business) but I do have all EP's installed.  I may have to try this out once I settle in with all those EP's.

aussiegirl

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 09:00:14 AM »
Thanks for this, I also get frustrated not being able to place some lots on supposed compatible beach type hoods,  :curse and so I know if you said this one works, thats good enough for me!! :thumbup

gayle_afcb

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:20:40 AM »
Great hood blue soup.  I often use Twikki Island for my custom hoods because it's smallish and I like the layout but this will be perfect ty

Nyx1961

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »
It looks great Blue. :flowers  Makes me wish I'd get BV.  :dunno We need a chicken icon for me, Gayle.  tehehe

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 10:28:51 PM »
This is great!!!  How do you redo existing hood templates from TS2 (or is that a dumb question)?  I get that you need to use SC4 which I have and I make my own custom hoods there.  I'd love to be able to grab the existing ones that I like - Veronaville, 3 Lakes and a couple of others and redo them with more streets and basically utilize the whole hood.  I have Gunmod's Camera hack so I can see the whole hood.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:40:20 AM by Lisfyre »
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

BlueSoup

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 01:23:39 AM »
It's not a dumb question.  I make a copy of the hood, then rename the copy into "City - Twikkii" (or whatever) and put it into a new region I made just for cities I make.  Then I go into that region and edit the city.  It's pretty easy, actually.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 08:29:52 AM »
Blue, I finally got around to trying that.  I pulled 3 Lakes, Veronaville and Twikkii.  The only one that showed up in my SC4 hood was 3 Lakes which I was able to modify and copy back into TS2.  I'm trying to figure out why the other 2 didn't show.  I tried several times - copied them from TS2, renamed them according to SC4 conventions but they didn't show up.

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

BlueSoup

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 04:24:07 PM »
I think it's basically a crapshoot...I had a bitch of a time getting another of my terrains to show up too.  Try making a brand new region and then putting it into that region's folder.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »
OK I'll do that next time I want to tackle trying to change hoods... probably soon ... after I try out this hood  lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal