Author Topic: Modular Sofas Made Actually Modular?  (Read 5693 times)

Offline BlueSoup

Modular Sofas Made Actually Modular?
« on: September 03, 2014, 02:15:51 AM »
Hey all, I'm out of lurk mode again...  :)  I am hoping that some kind soul with skills I don't possess would agree to take on a project.  

Mutske made a modular version of the Ektorp sofa, but it's not really modular.  It's a bunch of pieces you can put together to make it look modular.  And Holy Simoly has done the same thing with a mesh of theirs.  My Sims keep bitching for couches so I'm hoping someone will be willing to make these two sets actually modular, so I don't need to have multiple pieces in my DL folder.  

I'm including both sets here because both sites have waiting periods to even download the stuff, so this is easier.

Mutske Ektorp and HS Modular

TIA to anyone who will take this on!  :blowkiss
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:17:19 AM by BlueSoup »

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Modular Sofas Made Actually Modular?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 12:33:42 PM »
Holy Simoly so far is testing well. :)  I think the loveseat and ottoman piece will still be required, since when trying to use the single piece it changes to left/right pieces.  And when using the ottoman as the single, then there is no back to match the other pieces.  I will slave them to my new modular piece. 

Haven't looked at the Ektorp one.

Edit:  Okay, so with all the options the one thing I cannot get to work is the single to stay a single to make it look like the loveseat.  I've made new packages to get them really modular, but the question is where do you want the textures pulled from?  Currently mine is totally independent so no recolors of HS ones will work.  If you really need the loveseat style I would recommend using the single one to create as many lenghts as needed.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:02:25 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline BlueSoup

Re: Modular Sofas Made Actually Modular?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:50:33 PM »
I don't have any other recolours of that HS sofa except the HS ones, so if they used the regular colours that came with HS would that be ok?  And whatever works for you is awesome re: the single making a loveseat.

OMG thanks Lunie!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal