Author Topic: Mixed Bag  (Read 7093 times)

Offline Mapat

Mixed Bag
« on: November 13, 2014, 12:04:22 PM »
I'm always a little worried about how my English really is. My desires and hopes, problems and issues seem so demanding and ungrateful in the translation process.
It is not meant that way. I am overwhelmed every time someone is able to help and understand 100% when RL and everything else makes it impossible ... but ...ask not etc....  tehehe

I think I'll start with some straightforward requests..

1) Would someone consider makeing these mirrored?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tfl881vy889q85l/LAMPS_Wall_Wish_Mirrored.rar

2) ....and would someone create the window which in my opinion is missing in the set?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i5afid7f5rmn7n5/SET_SG-Fusion.rar

3) Next I discovered that one of the windows isn`t slaved. Could someone fix this?
(Files in the Rar above)

4) To finish of with something strange...
It is very difficult for me to explain but I'll try...
I built these apartments, decorated a little and put the apartment door as I always do. Enter ChangeLotZoningAp, save and get a message I've never seen before.

"There is an invalid apartment on the plot. You fix it by turning plot type to residential lot and then fix the architecture of the apartments."

I have absolutely no idea about what could be wrong... :wacko

Does anyone have time to look at this? I have called the plot WTF  :D
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wkrirfqvb7doeom/WTF.Sims2Pack

Offline mustluvcatz

Re: Mixed Bag
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:07:28 PM »
Hey Mapat, I'll do the 2 lights for you.. I've been looking for a quick little project.  :)

The following users thanked this post: Mapat, domotana

Offline Mapat

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:41:11 PM »
 :hug  :flowers

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:13:47 AM »
Ok- here's one of them, nanu's. My mirrored version is slaved to nanu's, which shouldn't be a problem since you use his. I made a couple of recolors (pink and blue) for the heck of it. If you don't want them feel free to delete them. :)

DOWNLOAD

I'm still working on the sim2me wall lamp. The mirrored version is done but there's one thing I'd like to fix. The unlit version of the original shows the wall light pattern and I'm not sure why it does. My mirrored version doesn't, which is strange since I cloned the original. Hmmmm. Anyway, I'd like to fix the original before I give it back to you!

Oh, and just so you know- if I'm not mistaken, the original couldn't be recolored? (I wouldn't think it could since it was missing tsDesignModeEnabled.) So I fixed it, assuming it needed to be fixed, lol- and made a couple test recolors which can be seen in the screenshot. (Only the base was recolored.)

The following users thanked this post: Mapat, domotana

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
  • s2a Groupies
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 06:31:54 AM »
Hi Mapat,

regarding your apartment (which is gorgeous by the way).

The reason why you are getting that error message is because of your balconies. because they are not completely fenced-in, they are considered a part of the outdoors.

"The only exits to outdoors that are not fenced in someway or another or completely enclosed into one apartment must be an apartment specific door such as the male/female bathroom doors or the university dorm door. There will be one for apartments with a welcome mat."

Two solutions -
1. completely enclose the balcony with fence - You've got a lovely line with the what you've got at the moment, so the easiest way to do that, and keep the line - is to the floor dividers or invisible fencing to complete the fence line and have the enclosed balcony.

2. remove the doors from the balconies - change to apt zoning, and then before you go out, put the doors back onto the balcony. then go out and save. I don't recommend this, because I'm not sure what would happen even though it's not accessible, once it's an apartment.

The following users thanked this post: Mapat

Offline Mapat

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 10:44:03 AM »
 :blowkiss mustluvcatz  :thx  :thx  :thx

:blowkiss celebkiriedhel This is exciting, I`ll go straight in and check   :thx  :thx  :thx

(PS! Feel free to use it if you like  :flowers )
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:46:10 AM by Mapat »

Offline Mapat

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
Oh heck, I give up  :idk
I spent all day moving doors, fences, windows, families (in and out), you name it, with varying results. It's supposed to be six apartments but at some point there was 1, then 3 then 4. When I moved in a family, it was back to 3. I removed the balcony doors and got 6 apartments. Inserted one door and suddenly had 4. Moved in a family and there were 2. I used to have long hair now my ears are freezing.  tehehe
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:31:05 PM by Mapat »

Offline celebkiriedhel

• s2a Groupies
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 12:42:52 AM »
did you connect up the fences? first before adding the doors to the balcony?

I had flashing stuff from your simpack - so if you could point me to the things you used - I'll do it from here. :)

Offline Mapat

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 12:39:56 PM »
Here you can choose whats needed  :blowkiss

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tv5dvzi4611x8/WTF_Bins_and_Downloads_Folders

I'm really excited about how this turns out  :beg

Offline celebkiriedhel

• s2a Groupies
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:59 AM »
ok. downloading it now - 1 hour - will go fiddle with it when it's done. :D

WIP:

OK - I think I've sorted out something.

Half-walls do not count as walls or fences. So I've deleted that bit. and joined the fence all the way up.
Your double sliding door is not set up for AL - I've replaced it with the EA sliding door (and they are very similiar)

So currently we have 6 apartments - but I haven't tried to move anyone in yet.

WIP2:

You can have a total 4 apartments on an AL lot with playables in it. All apartments are available for move ins until that limit is met, then that is it.
Apparently NPC's will take the other apartments.
I was able to move 4 families in, so I think the fixes I've done will resolve all.

Will just do it as a new building, package it up without content (because you already have it all) and post it up for you.
(BTW - I've had a wonderful time exploring your downloads. :D)

FINAL:

Download fixed Apartment
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:14:04 AM by celebkiriedhel »

The following users thanked this post: Mapat

Offline Mapat

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 12:00:47 PM »

This is just absolutely wonderful  :blowkiss

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 01:04:37 PM »
Here's the other wall light. I included 7 recolors- 5 of them are Shastkiss's metals. (Sorry.. I still  :love you Shasta but I'm not too fond of the way 2 of them look on this lamp. Feel free to delete those, or any others that you may not want.)

Download (The "original" is the original light but not the original's texture- it's Shasta's verdigris.)

I never did get the light pattern to work the way it should so I just made it not show up at all. Since I'm not sure the original light is recolorable, you'll want to let the one in the rar over write the original!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 01:06:40 PM by mustluvcatz »

The following users thanked this post: HugeLunatic, hokadk47, Mapat, domotana

Offline Mapat

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 01:23:02 PM »
 :perfect10     

Speechless  :love

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 01:07:08 PM »
I have fixed the fusion window. I also fixed the main upload in my section.  But here is the link to that one window.

https://copy.com/ZVBjtdPOUvdjRvNU

I'll see about making that new window, but it won't be possible until after Thanksgiving (27th) most likely.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:11:06 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: domotana, celebkiriedhel

Offline Mapat

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »
 :thx  :thx  :thx Have a happy Thanksgiving  :hug  :blowkiss

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal