Author Topic: Beehive for your farms  (Read 38748 times)

Offline Gwenke

Beehive for your farms
« on: March 15, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
Edit 7/02/2012:
Check out page 2 of this thread for a version that's causing less drop in energy and comfort, and for help on how to set the value yourself.

In the vein of giving sims more things to 'craft': an old object by PC Sims, updated and made more functional.

The beehive works like this: from spring to autumn, as long as it is not too cold, approximately every 25-27 hours the sims can
- take a pot of honey and stock the fridge with it (it will add fresh food points) or sell it in a shop. The pot will appear in the active sim's inventory, or on owned lots, in the business owner's inventory.
- take a bowl of honey, ready to eat (a group meal). The bowl will appear in the active sim's hand. They will put it on a counter and take a portion and start to eat it. The rest can be put away in a fridge.
- take such a bowl of honey into the active sim's inventory, for putting in the fridge or to sell.

As usual with meals, the bowl of honey will go bad after a time if not put in the fridge.
Sims can have some fun watching the bees work. This is autonomous, all other options are not.
Angering the bees will kill the active sim.
A purely cosmetic change from the original: the visiting bees and butterflies will not be active at night, in the winter or in bad weather.
All 6 package files included in the ZIP are needed for the object to work.

If you'd like to customise it: how often honey 'refills' can be changed by altering how many times the "Sub - Manage bees and butterflies" BHAV is called in "Sub - Main" (each call corresponds to about 30-35 minutes).
The number of fresh food points the honey pot adds (36 12 in this case) is controlled by the first line in the BCON Tuning-Cucumber in the "Honey pot as Ingredient" file.

The beehive appears in the catalogue under Build/Gardening for 740 simoleons. The honey pot only appears in the catalogue for community lots.
As the beehive now checks for the current season it requires Seasons. Also, as it now looks for the business owner on owned lots, it may or may not require OfB. Feedback on that is appreciated.

The beehive was originally made by Katy_76 at PC-sims, then was tweaked by XPTL297.
I am also grateful to Echo for her tutorials and for helping with various parts of the coding.

Michelle made some great rustic recolours, make sure you check them out!

Download

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:34:10 AM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, Savannah1994, croi

Offline TaliaKirana

Re: Beehive for your farms
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 06:28:08 PM »
That's really neat!

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »
 :perfect10 :perfect10 :perfect10

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:27:59 PM »
What an excellent idea  :wub

Honeywell

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »
What a cool idea!  Well, maybe the killing your sims bit isn't really cool I guess but still it looks great.  Thanks for updating and sharing your hard work. :) 

I'm not sure if you're interested but I followed this link to get here:  http://sims2cc.blogspot.com/2011/03/beehive-for-your-farms-by-gwenke.html  So far so good--me and someone else loves it. lol  Apparently, since the BBS forums are down everyone is making new sites.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »
Is that a regular Finds site?

The killing your sim bit was part of the original object. It's a good thing I found out only in a test hood, that's why I included the warning.

Offline LucyKemnitzer

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »
I have always wished someone would update Katy76's clever objects!

Thank you.  I'm going to put it in my urban agricultural collective!

eefje00704

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:29:35 AM »
Thanks Gwenke!

aelflaed

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 03:16:49 AM »
Excellent! I've always hoped someone would fix this object so the honey pot worked again. Sounds like you have done a good job. Thank you!

Offline Nonni

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
I love this it is great in my medieval 'hood. Most of my neighborhood is populated by farmers who don't have food delivered but have to fish and farm for their food. They love the honey.  :love
Plus, the rustic recolors look great in game, too!
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
~ Sir Isaac Newton

ZeroSlayer01

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 02:18:35 AM »
Yay! Thank you! This looks wonderful!

Offline juicyjudith

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 07:11:17 AM »
Thankyou Gwenke, it looks marvellous, hugs judith  :perfect10

vllygrl

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »
Hi Gwenke, I love the seasons tweaks you have made to the beehive and I love using it in my hoods.  However, sometimes it seems as if it is extremely draining to motives on the sim who collects honey.  Is it meant to be extreme?  It is hard to have a beekeeper sim because he or she can barely get through collecting honey from 5 hives before they have to go to bed!
Thanks,
Vllygrl

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
No, it is not supposed to be extreme. I will check the extent of the energy drop.

vllygrl

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
Thank you so much, Gwenke!  I really appreciate it.  There are several other members of the Plumbbob Keep who have noticed this and so we thought it was significant enough to ask about.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal