Author Topic: Maxis Art Nouveau Recolorable Open Underneath Modular Stairs  (Read 18098 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

The open underneath version of my Art Nouveau Stairs.  These stairs have all the supports underneath removed, are recolorable, and allow sims passage and objects to be placed underneath without cheats!  Including doors that are usable.   See the original recolorable stairs for my fence, gate, and the link to the gate mesh.

:hereThese require my Art Nouveau Recolorable Modular Stairs!!   - They take there textures from them.

Installation:
Place in your downloads folder.  
Place script text file in your Scriptorium_ModularStairs folder in your Downloads folder.
   -or-
Append your C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Scripts\modularstairs.txt file with the contents of the script file included in the package.

:excl:
Script file is updated in the zip

To Use:
  • Place stairs normally
  • Use Recolor tool to recolor individual stairs - if having difficulty with 2nd step, go down one floor.

DL

Credits:  BIG HUGE THANKS to Numenor!  For helping get my BHAV to work properly.  :blowkiss
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:08:31 PM by HugeLunatic »

rgdyanne

Re: Maxis Art Nouveau Recolorable Open Underneath Modular Stairs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 04:14:22 PM »
 :omg :omg :omg These are AWESOME!!!!  :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

You ROCK, Lunie  :punk:  :love :love :love these

BTW, did I say I  :love :love :love these?!

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
These look great Lunie!!!  As I said in previous posts, I don't like fiddling with scripts so I've never downloaded any of the modular stairs. 

Question for you... can you not just clone the modular stairs in the game and make them look like these?  You know the ones I'm talking about, the glass ones that you can walk under and put stuff under.  Sorry for sounding retarded, since I don't create and I don't know what you guys have to go thru to get to the end product.  Thought I'd ask the question  :flowers
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »
The other ones already override the base game ones. 

There is no fiddling with scripts if you install the scriptorium by Numenor.  Install Scriptorium, then drop any text file in the folder it creates in your download folder.  Its easier than installing one of the EPs. :)  And it isn't any different than downloading cc and dropping in your downloads folder.  The only way to get new stairs beyond what Maxis has is to use script files, since the Maxis ones themselves use script files.

Anything can be cloned and made to override anything in game.  I don't see the value in losing those glass stairs though, sorry. 

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
Oh I didn't know that.  Good thing I asked the question.   lol

In that case................ snagging and bagging  :666

That surprise anyone?   :))

OK so... where do I get the scriptorium?  And I have to make a folder for these scripts in my Downloads folder?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 05:15:05 PM by Lisfyre »

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »
lol No.  The scriptorium is awesome.  I don't miss the days of adding all these by hand to the script file itself.

BlueSoup

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 05:17:16 PM »
OK so... where do I get the scriptorium?

http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=192613

All you do is install it, and then when you get mod stair scripts in your downloads, you click the shortcut in your Downloads folder that the scriptorium installs, and drop the .txt doc in it :)

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
Sounds simple...  off to snag that.  Thanks again Blue!!  :flowers

You know of course, you've opened a can of worms here.  I'm now going to go berserk on modular stairs....  :omg 

~~runs out and culls her Downloads folder yet again~~

:rofl

EDIT:   :omg I just binned/pitched 1.4 GB of CC that I had and haven't used in a long time!!!!!!!  :omg 
Now I got room for more modular stairs  :))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 06:07:48 PM by Lisfyre »

gayle_afcb

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
These are fab Lunie.  It has always bugged me you couldn't put doors or objects underneath stairs :thumbup

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
Well I seriously love these stairs.  And this has got to be one of my most favorite things I've done, and proud of. 
I had the entire BHAV figured out, was missing one link only that Numenor pointed out.  So this file was 99% done by me before I asked for help, and then I was told how to fix it and I understood!  More stairs may need to be made. :;

rgdyanne

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 04:12:20 PM »
More stairs may need to be made.

:bestpost

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »
:rofl  If you have suggestions dear, please post them in requests.  I learned a new trick and want to do it again.  I want to take the normal simple stairs and make them modular, using the new trick I found in wings! 

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »
More stairs may need to be made.

I'm with Anne on this one  lol   :rofl

gayle_afcb

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2009, 06:56:25 PM »
You must pass on this trick in wings you know...

I'm like that with slots at the moment, now I can add them to items that don't normally have them, I want to add them to everything lol

Yagami

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 04:20:24 AM »
I downloaded these earlier....and just thought I would say....I absolutely love these stairs....so glad you made them recolourable and stuff :woot....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal