Author Topic: TSS Goth Beds  (Read 27689 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

TSS Goth Beds
« on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
These original beds were cloned from BV so anyone with less than BV but with Teen were not able to use this.  The shadows were also all out of order.  This fixes the shadows and makes them base game compatible.  Original is from here.  I didn't change file names so if you already have these ones, just let them overwrite them.

Download
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:46:07 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: Michelle, ElfPuddle, barbiepinklady

rgdyanne

Re: TSS Goth Beds
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »
You rock!!! :thumbup :happy: :happy: :happy: :celebrate Thank you :)

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
:) Your welcome.  Nyx had asked why they didn't show for her, and it was because she doesn't have BV.  But my attempt at explaining the shadows became too pig-latin!  lol 

Nyx1961

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 08:23:39 PM »
Pig-latin doesn't even begin to describe it, Lunie!  ??? Thanks for fixing these. Thanks for everything actually, in case I haven't told you lately.  :hug: :love

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 09:35:49 PM »
Your welcome Nyx!  It was easier for me to fix myself than explain.  Eventually you will understand that pig-latin I was speaking. :)

Moonkist

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 05:49:54 AM »
Thank you for converting them to base game beds!
I tried to make them originally from the base game beds but milkshape would not let me. :(
I'm gonna stick a link on my site to these.

I also made these beds before I got my new PC so sorry about the shadow problems.
I couldn't use shadows on my old PC but if you notice any more shadow problems
on any of my beds edits just let me know okay and I will try to fix them. :)

gayle_afcb

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:47:16 AM »
Great job  :love

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »
Moonkist - totally understand about the shadows.  I just learned my self so much more about them, with more to learn, so I am trying to make sure my own shadows are working properly.  I don't always have shadows on, and you need all walls up to see properly as well.

If you would like to put them on your site, feel free to. :)   

Moonkist

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
Thanks HugeLunatic, I added a link to here for now. 
I also fixed the shadows on all my goth beds. The single versions still requires BV
but I linked to these here for those who don't have BV.

I have a new PC and always play with shadows on now so I guess I need to go through my stuff and fix things.
The thing is no one ever tells you about problems with your stuff anymore back in Sims 1 days you got lots
of emails if something didn't work right.  Now I have to discover my mess ups on my own. lol

These were my first real bed edits and it took days to get it right.  I was still finding my way in Milkshape. lol

I really would like to make all my beds non EP but I've yet to figure out how to do that. :)
When I try to import a bed from Base game it gives me a too many morphs error :(

rgdyanne

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:01 PM »
Moonkist how are you importing the beds into Milkshape?

If you just import them as .obj files they "should" show up fine. You don't actually need to use any other method since you shouldn't mess with the mattress at all and only need it as a reference for building your new bed frame.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Yep, second what Anne says.  When you export, just export the frame (and shadows if your downsizing/resizing).  When importing something to note about simpe, it updates the "grab" area or bounding mesh to the latest thing imported.  So if your doing just the shadows or some small subset you have to fix the bounding mesh, or just import all again and replace to retain the bounding mesh.

To make your item base game compatible, I can make a picture tutorial if needed.  But...

1. In OBJD select 0x0000: version_1 - Read Only -> change to 0x008b  - this needs to be done for all
2. In OBJD select 0x0040: Valid EP Flags 1 -> change to 0x0000
3. In BHAV select Funciton - Init and change the Format to 0x8007

Otherwise uncheck all the boxes in simpe and clone a base game bed.  Make sure to restart simpe whenever you check or uncheck EP's in the filetable.

I know here we have had more requests because alot of original creators are simply not responding to downloaders when they request something or are trying to get help.  It seems so many sites out there are not supplying support. :(  And I do apologize for not trying to contact you myself.  I should have.

Moonkist

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:13 AM »
HugeLunatic, I agree not many sites care to fix their broken stuff anymore and now people are afraid to give feedback because there seems to be a Diva attitude in the community among certain creators and it's sad. How can one improve if they don't take constructive criticism well? I'm not one of them. If there's something wrong let me know and I will fix it ASAP. I guess it's cause I'm an old simmer from Sims 1 days back when feedback was provided and friendships and affiliations were forge because of it. I still email creators and tell them when their links are broken and some are nice and some act like I am bothering them. Believe me, It wasn't always this way.

I thank you for your apology but it's not needed really you did give me credit and a link to where the beds are from.
I'm truly flattered someone wants to actually use my creations enough to want them fixed. lol If nothing else it will make me go through my meshes and see what needs to be fixed. It's good timing too cause I am currently converting my site over to Wordpress format.

I'm still learning to mesh and how to make proper objects so I always appreciate any help I can get. :)
Thank you both so much for the converting info! :D I really do appreciate it.
I use the unimesh plugin by Wes H to import and export. After reading your instructions I am thinking that is the culprit with not being able to get the frames imported. *smacks forehead*

So if I am reading the instructions right I don't have to go back and re clone from base game beds to fix my meshes, I just change those setting in SimPE and they wont need BV anymore? This is great news if so!

Thank you again for your help!

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »
Yes you are reading correctly.  I got this information from Numenor at MTS2, and it does appear that these are the only steps required to make it base game.

We always have something to learn.  :)  Right now I am trying to find my missing slot, so that my sim can use it.

Yes the attitude of the community is sad.  I think when you get the attitude from others, after a while you stop bothering.  I wish I was around during the sims 1.  Although I would probably be really sad how things have turned out though with the community.

Moonkist

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 01:55:31 AM »
Thank you! I think it harder for us who have been around since the beginning.
Not only has the community changed but so has the company that puts out the game.

I have yet to even tackle slots so I have no idea there. lol

Thanks again!

gayle_afcb

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »
We're all still learning here Moonkist but we are lucky that we started here as a group of friends who support each other and if one of us is having a problem with a mesh we pass it over to the other meshers to have a look or listen to suggestions and try between us to fix it.  Apart from poor yagami who is the only clothes mesher and just gets lots of ooohhhh that's purty out of us all lol

If you are having any problems feel free to yell our way, we will help if we can.  I seem to like swearing at slots for some insane reason, I can normally get an extra one to work for me but Anne always has to fix my curtains, I always fail with them!

I have to say I have found the so called pirates are the most helpful in the community theses days. Echo is wonderful, she's very talented but always willing to help, no diva attitude there!

Off to bug my techie now for an update on my PC - I want it back!!! lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal