Author Topic: [Slaved] Inge Jones Pelmet Drapes  (Read 19668 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

[Slaved] Inge Jones Pelmet Drapes
« on: July 23, 2009, 11:45:50 PM »
The original mesh by Inge Jones @ Simlogical.  They automatically close at night and open during the day.   I remapped the 1-tile to match the 2-tile and now the 1-tile takes all textures from the 2-tile.  Includes diagonals, I also fixed the diagonal so it no longer shows in the catalog as a selectable mesh.

ijWidePelmetStraight -Master
ijAutoPelmetDrape - Slave

**The only recolors you need are for ijWidePelmetStraight**

Recolors by amythestafenix

DL

All credit goes to Inge for the original mesh as well as the coding for the open/close animation.  All file names are the same so they will overwrite the originals.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 04:17:27 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: Karlene, catcrazygrannie

Offline Lisfyre

Re: Inge Jones Pelmet Drapes - Repositoried
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 12:20:38 AM »
ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

This could change my mind about getting that set............  :yagami
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
:)  I never had it before cause it didn't seem very nice.  But after spending the afternoon going in/out of game looking at them, I have found they really are nice.

I would love some recolors. :D  As you can see in the screenie...they would go well for masculine rooms.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 01:48:20 AM »
 :likeit
Recolors will be coming up. I never did this one before because of the mismatch between the 1 and 2-tile versions, but now that it's been fixed, I think it's a handsome curtain.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:06:50 AM »
Awesome. :)  FYI:  The top part looks best with solids and/or horizontal stripes.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 08:16:06 AM »
Thank you very much. I am in awe.
FYI, Ingeli made some nice recolours of these. Thread is here: http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=2074.0

gayle_afcb

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
Oh cool cos I love these curtains :love

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:06:18 PM »
Okay, I tried out the curtain and solids look very good, so there will probably be 50 or so solids coming your way- look out downloads folders! Then I went with a challenging pattern to see what it would look like. Each of the two curtains looks pretty good, but I'm not likely to put them in the same room together, because I'm kinda OCD about pattern match. I'd probably still use them, just not together. Would other people want them, or is it better to just stick to solids?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 06:31:31 PM »
I say yes, both look very good.  I am also OCD like that and wouldn't put them in the same room.  But I also tend to use the same windows in room so not as big an issue for me.  This is unfortunately the side effect of repository.  But any type of horizontal flow of pattern you would not notice the difference on the valance part.

I am looking at the valance bit again to see if there is any way to tweak it without breaking existing recolors.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 06:43:15 PM by HugeLunatic »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 07:43:56 PM »
Yeah, I expected that the repository effect would do this and I think you've done a great job already minimizing the effect- which also affects the side curtains, though to a lesser degree. I also found that doubling the size of the texture gave a significantly better result for the recolors. With compressorizing, the file for this curtain is 239 KB vs 76 KB, but I would never use the "before" version (on right below, pelmet textures are exactly the same- left at 512x1024, right at 256x512, side curtain textures are not the same, I liked a smaller size print, so I changed it). Mesh doesn't need to be changed, but of course you need DDS utilities to recolor with a different size.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:01:26 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 08:26:47 PM »
The one on the left looks good.  I am not seeing anything in the mesh that would retain current recolors.  And I really don't want to redo the entire mesh, then I might as well make my own.  :)  Not attempting right now.

The issue is keeping current recolors working and not distorting, and/or doing weird mirroring with them.  For now I am going to let it sit in my downloads folder with solid recolors, and maybe during one of my many Insomniac nights something will come to me.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 09:22:00 PM »
Kate you can never have enough solids.  I use patterned items to compliment ...  I'm a boring decorator...  lol
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 09:36:57 PM »
Lunie, I think you've done an excellent job and I hope you don't think I expect you to change anything!  :wub These musings are more to let anyone here who wants to recolor this not have to re-do experiments I've already tried and I'd like to know if the increase in file size for better quality is okay with people who are trying to keep their folders smaller.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:47:50 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »
No Kate I didn't think you were expecting anything.  Sometimes a second look shows you something else that can be done differently.  In this case I am not seeing anything right now.

But I am with Lis, I like solids!  lol  I too am boring.  Actually I have a large addiction to retro and modern patterned wallpaper...so solid curtains work well.  These would also look good with the pelmet at the top and the entire bottom as sheers, then they would also pair well with roman shades (either nengi's or sweetswami's).

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 10:00:50 PM »
Well. as you know I like solids too, and actually have done all the solid textures already and have made all the blue curtains. I've just started the browns, but I have to go grocery shopping, so I'll just throw the blue ones up in the MediaFire folder for you all if you'd like to get them early  :)

*Too hasty, I see some flaws that must be fixed- arrgh... I like to catch these BEFORE making 15 recolors  :mad

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:11:35 PM by amythestfenix »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal