Author Topic: WDS Meng Bedroom  (Read 9564 times)

Offline amythestfenix

WDS Meng Bedroom
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
Well-DressedSims was one of the first sims sites I ever downloaded from when I first started playing Sims2. The Merciful Meng bedroom set was one of my favorites. Kimberly was a great creator who also had her own site; SunniSims, and she put more pieces of the set up there. Since WDS is now gone, I would hate for these great objects to be lost to the community.

Kiri mentioned at N99 that she planned to do some recolors of the set and I remembered (squirrel brain here, easily distracted by new shiny...no, back to the point) that I had done some work on it, so I went looking for it for her.

I found the Meng set and finished it up. So the double bed is the main file for the single, and the dresser is the main for the desk. The bench cushion and curtain are repo'ed to jonesi's blanket. There is a collection file. The bench wood, bookcase, and endtable are are not repo'ed. The original curtain and candle lamp meshes are included.

Remove the original meshes and substitute mine- they use the same GUIDs so you can't have both at the same time.

Finally, I reworked the bedding (I have too many bedding-match things that don't look good with white sheets and pillows) and put the Meng textures on all my favorite coordinate meshes  (meshes at link if you need them).

Technical details of use to recolorists: the desk is repository to the dresser, and the single bed to the double. All furniture now has TXMTs which match our defaults. Also, both bed meshes now support transparency, so the bedskirt can be invisible-which it is in all my recolors, as I have tons of bedskirts already :) I've repo'ed the curtain and the bench cushion to jonesi's blanket as well. The bookcase and deco table support transparency (so the deco could be invisible).

Set pieces are: bed, single bed, dresser, desk, bookcase, deco table, bench, and end table. Anything else you see is there for deco, ask if you want to know about it  :)

The link goes to the main folder which has several options: the complete set, just the redone meshes, just my recolors, just the coordinate recolors.

DL
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 02:48:43 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: altanna, Mapat, greyhorse, TeeInVa

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
  • s2a Groupies
Re: WDS Meng Bedroom
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 03:03:11 AM »
 :likeit :thx :hug :love :love :wub :wub

You've been hard at work! So glad you're on holidays from school now. :)

These are wonderful. You are making me so happy! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal