Author Topic: Making recolors work for Holy Simoly's Simply Elegant Curtains new mesh  (Read 11693 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

• Open recolor package
  • Select Material Override (MMAT)
  • Select modelName(dtString)
  • Add ##0x1C050000! before the simplyelegant-[shtinky-21.5.2005-12920]_cres in the value box on the right.
  • Commit
  • Save

All of your other recolors should now show for all of Holy Simoly's curtains, and any other that take there texture from the Main one.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:01:27 PM by HugeLunatic »

Nyx1961

Thanks for this, Lunie! Muchly appreciated.  :blowkiss

Offline HugeLunatic

Your welcome Nyx!  :)  If any troubles be sure to post and I would be happy to help.  I don't anticipate any problems though, unless one is unfamiliar with SimPE.

Dinad2610

ayup...I feel another dumb question coming on.....

just how did  you know to put that in front of her file in the Mat. definition??  I need lessons....

Offline HugeLunatic

lol  There is no such thing as a dumb question.  I get stuck by this group all the time since it's an integral part of linking for repository.  The ##0x1C050000! denotes a custom group.

BlueSoup

• Open recolor package

You say "open recolor package" so do you have to do that for every single recolour??
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 09:40:35 PM by BlueSoup »

Offline HugeLunatic

lol Unfortunately, I suppose if you have a ton.  I only have about 10 so it was quick and easy to copy paste.

BlueSoup

Eek.  Yeah, I have about 100. :\

Offline HugeLunatic

Well, that explains why your pictures always look so good. :)  It is easy, but time consuming.  You might want to see if others are going to do some too, and then everyone can split it up and then share them.

Do Amber's short ones still work with the new HS mesh?  They didn't change GUID's, but they obviously changed the modelName.  So I wonder if hers will still pull the textures from the new ones.

BlueSoup

Do Amber's short ones still work with the new HS mesh?  They didn't change GUID's, but they obviously changed the modelName.  So I wonder if hers will still pull the textures from the new ones.

They do pull the recolours of the curtain fabrics, but not the rods.  She'll update that soon enough, I suppose.

The thing about the recolours....Sunnisims already did a one-tile mesh ages ago, and it was made into a repository object by Amber in the set I posted.  So all it needs is to be fixed to pick up the rod recolours, then it's better than Holy Simoly's, and theirs is redundant, right?

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Making recolors work for Holy Simoly's Simply Elegant Curtains new mesh
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2009, 11:34:58 PM »
Adding the subset in isn't all that hard and I am sure Amber can do it quite easily, but it will require the mesh being separated to do that.

I've already updated mine, since I keep my meshes saved with all parts separate. (As in I had already made my own shorter ones)  The single tile I have must have been from her then.

I guess I personally would use HS single tile since it already has both parts.  It's easier than separating sunnisims.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal