Author Topic: TS2. That OFB island counter - request  (Read 22189 times)

rgdyanne

Re: TS2. That OFB island counter - request
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 08:51:17 PM »

Okay here are the Good Witch "At Home" Counters........ but as you can see, when I put a sink in we get the awesome, stupefying, wonderous disappearing countertop  :8 :hammer

so, gotta figure out WHY it's doing that  :P

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 11:08:30 PM »
Other than the amazing countertop, the counters look great and it will be terrific to have the drawer option as well. Are islands and barstools on the aganda too, or are you just about sick of storybook?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2009, 12:09:16 AM »
Your cutout for the counter and the UVMap has to be identical to the original.  Numenor made templates, and generally the counters are not changed (you can remove backsplash).

It has to do with the mapping, cause that creates the cutout.  Which is going to create a problem having these match the business ones possibly.  Take a look at his template thread at MTS, he explains it better. 

Cynarra

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 01:01:56 AM »
What about recoloring the seasons bathroom sink to match the story book counter or another stand alone sink from in game?

I love the recolors you did Amethystfenix!  Gorgeous as usual!

rgdyanne

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2009, 01:50:20 AM »
yeah, I may have to create a stand alone sink that matches to get around the "cut out" issue.

Kate, I already made the island, it's in one of the first pics and yup, I'll be adding barstools that match the chairs.

Thanks, Lunie, yeah I'd found his thread, but was trying to see if there was any way possible I could get around that  :P

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 03:00:36 AM »
So you did! I'm just missing things...I do that sometimes  :rolleyes:

Mizz Rose Bud

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:50 AM »
What about recoloring the seasons bathroom sink to match the story book counter or another stand alone sink from in game?

I have used that sink up till now ... the style fit okay to the Storybook theme ... not fantastic, but it is really okay!

Oh, drawers  :blowkiss I have really no input, other that I´m so amazed about all these item you have made and so fast ... I expected that it would take at least a week maybe two/three ... now I can see the Download Button in the horizon  :celebrate

amythestfenix : Oh, I see it now, on the top, right ? Yes, that is annoying. Why don´t you make a recolor and fill the texture with squares in different colors and patterns ... then it is easy to see in which area the spot is ... or maybe you already knew that and have done it  tehehe

rgdyanne

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »
SO, got a good news, bad news scenario

good news: I figured out how to make the sinks place in the counters without having the countertop disappear using the original good witch commerical counters countertop.

bad news: no matter what I do, even making it so the countertop is NOT slaved to the original counter and has it's own texture in the package, the texture becomes stretched. It would look fine in UVMapper, and in SimPE but as soon as it was in game it was fuzzy and looked like crap. And believe me, I tried over and over  :hammer

SOOOOOO, here's the deal, you will NOT be able to place sinks in the counters. I will be making a standalone counter sink that matches the set. This is in order that I continue to have some hair on my head  :wacko

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »
I see no issue with it like this Anne.

I wonder if EA maps like Holy Simoly?  Really large.  I would guess the counter top was mapped at 512x512 or 1024x1024, and then when all parts were put on one map, it got shrunk.

rgdyanne

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »

okay, here's the standalone sink. I made (well not really just used part of a maxis sink) the sink "bowl" victorian looking to fit with the counters and made the faucet and knobs a blackish color to look like iron.  The sink bowl WILL NOT be recolorable so that the counter parts can be. Also, you won't be able to set the sink with the other cabinets to make a corner because the cabinets will not snap into placement. If this is something you might want I can easily make a corner piece so that you can fake it, chime in here if you want a corner piece :P

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing Lunie, and I tried to map it at different sizes but nothing seemed to work. It was very frustrating. I might try and revisit it later though since I'd like to get it "conquered".

Mizz Rose Bud

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 05:57:15 AM »
Yet another late response from me ... I´m sorry.  :blush

I think that the sink look great and the fact that the sink will not be recolorable is something that we can live with.
I have no experience at all with object making or the repository technique, so if this is what you think will work best, then it is how it should be.  :yes
I have made recolors for TS2, so I can imagine just how frustrating this process have been.

Yes, it would be great with a fake corner ... and be careful with asking that kind of questions, I feel the greed creping up on me and I will say Yes Thanks to anything you come up with  :))

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:39 AM »
Looks really great Anne :likeit :likeit

rgdyanne

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 03:41:50 PM »
Yet another late response from me ... I´m sorry.  :blush

Yes, it would be great with a fake corner ... and be careful with asking that kind of questions, I feel the greed creping up on me and I will say Yes Thanks to anything you come up with  :))

No worries Mizz Rose Bud, we know we have an international community here as well as real lives so there isn't really any such thing as a "late" response.  :hug:

hehehe, also no worries about cc "greed" we're used to that around here and often indulge ourselves   :D

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 04:45:27 PM »
I have another thought....:)

I have used the pedestal sinks in conjunction with tables and moveobjects, and I do believe they were functional.  Will your counter work with something like that?  Will the  countertop be low enough to support any of the pedestal sinks like that?  Or do you think it's possible to make a "lower" counter?  Don't know the specifics of the animations, but the cres route might need to be removed to make it not usable as a counter.

Sorry...so many thoughts! 

rgdyanne

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »
oooo, that's a good thought! I'll check it out and see....

okay back, yeah the counters are too tall.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:53:10 PM by RgdyAnne »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal