Author Topic: Tablecloths  (Read 7704 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Tablecloths
« on: January 04, 2010, 12:49:54 AM »
Ok so I have these gorgeous tablecloths by Grito, but now I have Helle's slaved ones.  So these don't work since they were recolors of the 1x1 festive. 

...btw...I am confused as to how many of these meshes exist!!...

So since I am lazy, does someone want to take these textures and re-recolor the new slaved ones?  I think they will still work.  :beg

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=74648

...actually I'm also busy learning slots in TS3 so I am not motivated to do it myself...   :8

Offline Gwenke

Re: Tablecloths
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 01:15:41 AM »
Well, Grito's recolours are for the tablecloths made by Nengi, and the slaves done by Helle are originally by CTNutmegger. There were two different sets to begin with.
I know Helle is working on Nengi's set as well, so I'll wait a bit and see what she comes up with.
Although now that she's fixed the height of the CTN ones, that one set seems to be enough. - in that case I will transfer Grito's texture to the 2x1 CTN tablecloth.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 02:26:52 AM »
lol  Wow that explains it all.   :wacko

I don't need both that's for sure.

I'm going back to slots, they make more sense!

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
Now you are saying slots....do you have/know a tutorial in making new slots in TS2 ?  :coffeespit

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 05:57:23 AM »
I was planning on doing a slot tutorial for TS2, I just haven't gotten there. 

But I have a nifty new program to play with slots in TS3 and I'm anxious to crack how they are done. :D

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
I need to be patient then....... lol

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
I am waiting for the slot tutorial as well. Hopefully one that will only require SimPE and no meshing programme. We need places for more clutter, don't we?

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 11:39:49 AM »
Ladies - I have solved my problems with the N65 tablecloths  :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

It seems that the original meshes have been cloned and the recols from SimsCrossing belongs to the first version. That explains why they don't work, when the 1x2 mesh is getting slaved. All my other recols work now - including Grito's. I have attached my slaved version of N65 festive tablecloth 1x2 and I have attached 1x1 and 1x2 slaved to Jonesi Bed Blanket as well.

The mapping of N65 1x1 and 1x2 is definately better than CTN 1x1 and 1x2 on the top of the table, but that mapping does not work with lace edges, so what I would recommend is to have both and use CTN for lace and solids and N65 for texture with a lot of patterns.

Please test it.

Kind regards, Helle

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
Lunie, I'm not sure you still want Grito's textures for the 2x1 master tablecloth by CTNutmegger, but if you do, here are some (13). It's a selection from Grito's two uploads at MTS, as I had deleted some and did not like them enough to redownload. I also found these recolours looked somewhat better on Nengi's mesh.
Box.net 

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
Thanks Gwen!  I will stick them in my downloads folder and check them out.  :)  Err...after class that is.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 01:51:45 PM »
What, you can't Sim during class?  What a school that must be.  :P

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
There is a reason Sims is not on my laptop.   :rofl

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal