Author Topic: Simplan-X Rocking Chair  (Read 17672 times)

lovejoyriteia

Simplan-X Rocking Chair
« on: October 05, 2010, 02:57:40 AM »
With Kate's encouragement, I'm posting my first recolor: the Simplan-X Baybee Transitions rocking chair.

I was setting up a pic for Kate's (amythestfenix) new Abby Rose Coordinates but couldn't find a rocking chair to fit my plan.  So I recolored one myself!  It's done in Kate's gorgeous snow painted wood and Abby Rose fabric textures.  

DL  
It's a pay mesh, links here or here.
Credit goes to Simplan-X for the mesh -- and a great big thank you to Kate for her bee-yoo-tiful textures! :blowkiss  Kate has also encouraged me to do more recolors, to match some of her other coordinates.  So there's more to come!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:46:50 PM by lovejoyriteia »

Offline juicyjudith

Re: Simplan-X Rocking Chair
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:43:58 AM »
 :likeit Pam it looks great, congrats on your first recolour, hugs judith

lovejoyriteia

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:09:16 AM »
Thank you!  :wub

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:24:18 PM »
I love this chair and it looks so pretty in these textures  :hug: I think it could look excellent in all of them  :yagami

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 10:47:47 PM »
I am glad Kate pushed you into this Pam. Lovely work!!!  :likeit
Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

lovejoyriteia

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:04 PM »
Thanks for the love, everyone!  I'm glad you like it. :hug:  Recoloring this mesh isn't too bad, with Kate's pretty textures to use.  (Though a couple other meshes I've looked at left me scratching my head.)

Now, if someone could just slave the single bed to the chair, we'd be all set. :;

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 05:05:12 AM »
This is adorable - congrats with your first recolor job.  :realbighug:

Dinad2610

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
Looks GREAT!!! Congrats on your first recolor....now let the addiction begin.... :))

lovejoyriteia

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 07:01:14 AM »
Thank you! :grouphug  I've been looking through Kate's sets, trying to decide what fabrics and wood textures to combine.  Does anyone have any requests (and is anyone interested in the single bed)?

Oh, dear, I just thought of something: you guys aren't thinking of all 64 painted wood colors, are you??? :scared

Offline altanna

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 02:31:58 PM »
Well, now that you mentioned it.......NO!!!! ONly blue!!! LOL

Deb

gayle_afcb

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 03:57:07 PM »
Oh Pam well done on your first recolour  :perfect10:

If there is a particular mesh that you want to have a go at but the mapping/texture is a bit confusing then just say and one of us will help you with figuring out what goes where. Once you get a bit of confidence up there'll be no stopping you  :hug:  There is an easy way to do it by using UV mapper, I'll hunt round for the tut I did on it.  :))

Great start though I have to say - much better than the floodfilled tat I did when I started out lol

lovejoyriteia

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
Thank you! :love

Deb, I love blue, too!  So I'll definitely be doing recolors to match Kate's Seasons blue and Sunshine coordinates.

Gayle, though a UV mapper sounds somewhat scary, I'd love to have a tutorial for it.  I'm having a hard time with a couple meshes -- Birgit's Savoir Vivre louvers and window shutter, and Fairywitch's Boho bed. :8  Is there a particular program I'll need?

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »
I don't have those meshes, but if you can send them to me, I will extract the UV map for you and try and work out what goes where if you want...
Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

lovejoyriteia

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 08:46:52 PM »
Oh, thank you!  That would be great! :realbighug:  I'll send you a PM in a little while.  But just for future reference, how do you extract the UV map?

gayle_afcb

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »
Pam I have put my tutorial in the tutorial section here

It's written in my usual style with simple step by step instructions and screenshots.  There is a link to UV mapper pro (free trial version) at the top of the tutorial. Just download and run the set up wizard for it.  Then it shows you how to extract the mesh using simPE, it really is easier than it sounds, in fact it's no harder than extracting the texture file.  :yes  You also extract the texture image and then it tells you how to open them both with UV mapper.  That way you can see which bits of the texture image recolour which bits of the mesh.  Helps you to then make sense of ones that confuse you, to judge which way a wood grain needs to go if the mesh doesn't have a wood grain for example.  You can then edit the texture image in your graphics program as you would for a recolour and have a look at it in uv mapper to see roughly what it would look like in game.  I wish I had known how to do it when I started out - the amount of books I have with the titles back to front because of the way they are mapped for example is embarrassing  :blush lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal