Author Topic: No Fireplace Fires  (Read 678 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

No Fireplace Fires
« on: January 09, 2022, 07:24:11 PM »
Originally uploaded to tumblr, but since I can never find anything on tumblr (even my own stuff!), putting it here.

A global mod that removes the chance of fires, and also found by accident can change the burn time.  The burn time can be adjusted by editing highlighted value in the bhav Idle.  It says minutes, but thru testing it’s clearly just a variable affected by something else, but it serves my purpose so I didn’t search harder for another solution. For each increase by 1, it roughly adds 1 ½ hours to the burn time.  I have a value of two in this mod, and the fire burns for about  4 ½ hours.  When I changed it to 3, it burned for about 6 hours.  Does not conflict with Simler90s Fire Mod, but may conflict with other no fires from fireplace mods (ie: carrigons forever burn).  This works on all Maxis and cc fireplaces.
DOWNLOAD

To put back in the chance of fire: Change line 0x02 return true value to 5 instead of 3. :)

Offline LilSister

Re: No Fireplace Fires
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:13 AM »
I have eliminated all possibility of fires in my game. Those fireplace place fires used to annoy me, you couldn't place anything on top and if a rug or literally anything nearby would catch fire. Thank you for another option, it's always a plus when we have options for our gameplay styles. I used to use Carrigons forever burn mod for fireplaces. I've been using Sun & Moon wood crafting station and Sun & Moon functional fire which eliminates fires starting from fireplaces and it burns for 8 hours. The best thing about it are the options that allow use of decorative places to have functional fires.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal