Author Topic: Who or what is this klf-biab-dawnrose set? I'd like to categorize it and use it!  (Read 1347 times)

Offline TofuSnorlax

Hello, wizards of WCIFs! I have this small set of recolors in my old Downloads folder that I am trying to organize - hope to use it, if I even have these meshes still. Can anyone point me in the direction of who the recolorist might be (klf?) or what set this is (biab? Dawn Rose?) or what items these are recoloring?

The package files are named as such:

klf-biab-dawnrose-bedding
klf-biab-dawnrose-bedframe
klf-biab-dawnrose-bedpillows
klf-biab-dawnrose-curtains
klf-biab-dawnrose-painting
klf-biab-dawnrose-throwpillow

It looks like a beautiful recolor set, with this lovely bedding texture:

I don't know THAT much about the tools and tricks of SimPE, so here's the basic info I look at:

Offline TofuSnorlax

Oh, hey, I took another look and found it myself using the "froilan" name!

Found it here and it is a lovely recolor, as I expected: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims2/id/658009/

And found it here too: "sunnisims Irish Canopy Bed - redone and updated" with "dawn rose recolors by froilan at TSR"

http://affinitysims.com/index.php?/file/2629-sunnisims-irish-canopy-bed-redone-and-updated/

Offline amythestfenix

I really like Froilan's stuff, and I've expanded and re-vamped most of her sets to improve the texture quality and add more pieces. Would you like my version of this set? This bedding does not work well on single beds, so mine looks slightly different.

The following users thanked this post: LilSister

Offline LilSister

Yes, please and thank you! :likeit

Offline TofuSnorlax

I really like Froilan's stuff, and I've expanded and re-vamped most of her sets to improve the texture quality and add more pieces. Would you like my version of this set? This bedding does not work well on single beds, so mine looks slightly different.

Oh, for sure I would! I truly love all your patterned sets. I keep some of your preview shots in a folder for inspiration too.

The following users thanked this post: amythestfenix

Offline amythestfenix

I put these up on Tumblr, because it's faster and easier. I'll also get them up here later.
Thanks so much for the kind words, TofuSnorlax!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 02:28:04 PM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: LilSister, TofuSnorlax

Offline TofuSnorlax

:omg Wow, thank you! I gasped when I opened the link and saw those previews. So lovely. :wub

Offline TofuSnorlax

Is it possible there is a recolor file in the wrong folder? I love that you categorize everything clearly. It certainly helps me to match to my own categorization and swap out any old meshes and files for your updated ones! However there is a AmF_hkawSiPLR6SofaCushions_ftgu0120.package file in the GwenkeK8CDRecolors folder which seems incorrect to me? This is inside the mesh folder for Gwenke K8 cushions.

Edit: I also think your folder is missing the mesh for the SA99 Indian Bed Pillows. Luckily I had just gotten it from your mega mesh folder when I was tracking down the meshes for the original Froilan recolor. But for anyone without it, that would be a shame to miss out on a part of this beautiful coordinated set. (I think it is missing - although I was going back and forth between all these folders and getting sidetracked a lot while organizing this!)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 03:39:21 PM by TofuSnorlax »

Offline amythestfenix

Oh, mistakes are certainly possible! That recolor is certainly in the wrong place, so just delete it. The SA99 bed pillows are now there, too. Thanks for letting me know  :flowers

These meshes are my most current versions. If there are two versions for a mesh folder, you'll want to make sure you are using the BedCAT folder. I'm re-making a lot of bed deco so it's compatible with Lamare's Unmade Bed mod. A lot of old bed deco was cloned from rugs or paintings and doesn't work with this mod.

I'm slowly working on updating files so I can replace the mega folder eventually with everything named and organized to my system because it frustrates me a lot when I can't find things.  :angry:

The following users thanked this post: LilSister

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal