Author Topic: Vertical and Horizontal Wood Siding  (Read 18593 times)

Dinad2610

Re: Vertical and Horizontal Wood Siding
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 03:46:24 PM »
lol

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »
I hate sims2packs.  lol  But I deal with it cause I love sesame's walls/floor!  To me its easier to not make them as sims2packs, but I don't make mass amounts at a time either.  I was told it's quicker to make the sims2packs when making large amounts.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
I'll take your word for it since I'm only an end user not a creator.  You guys rock!!!

:perfect10:

"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Dinad2610

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2009, 10:33:36 PM »
well they are easier to find...but what I do is keep my download folder open...and write the number of the newest wall/floor...then when I'm done, I go back and just rename everything...I personally don't think it's all that much quicker...and for me personally, I like having them go into my d/l folder with no fuss...

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2009, 04:16:11 AM »
I don't like Sims2Packs either. I don't really like to make walls & floors, but for renaming I use the Sims2 WTF Editor by DJS Sims. It will batch rename all those irritating anonymous floors to match the internal file name (sometimes the creator hasn't given the thing a name there either  :mad) or you can look at them one at a time and rename them anything you want.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2009, 05:46:06 AM »
The naming of the file isn't so bad since I put them all in the named folder.  It's just the tedius process of installing each one.  I am the epitome of impatience. :)

gayle_afcb

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:19 AM »
Haha funny how we all have our own way of doing things.  I keep my d/l folder open and copy and paste the package into a folder on my desktop and then rename the package lol

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2009, 02:37:58 PM »
See I just name the containing folder and leave the crap name on the package, cause if there in a folder it doesn't bother me.  I find it easier to find the folder of the walls/floors than a package.

Dinad2610

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
I always name my walls now...with my name and the wall name...so it's easy to find and delete :))

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 04:05:18 PM »
pfft...delete them. hah!  It's quicker to delete an entire folder.  :D 

kidding!  I am actually downloading tons now that I couldn't before.  My mac would take 10-15 minutes to load 2Gb of cc and EPs to BV, this dual core PC with all EPs takes less than 5 with 2Gb.

Laurie

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »
Thanks for these Di! They're brilliant! :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal