Author Topic: Blue Hydrangea bedroom and dining room  (Read 21477 times)

Online hokadk47

Blue Hydrangea bedroom and dining room
« on: April 04, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »
Hi everybody !

This is my first upload ever, but hopefully not my last. Sesames beautiful work has inspired me to start recolouring and I made this set because I simply love blue colours, flowers and romantic style - hope you like it.

Bed and End tables:

Arm Chair and Ottoman:

Dining room:

Download
Blue Hydrangea bedroom and dining

Meshes (not included)
Bed, nightstand and dresser are from Sims Divine lovely Leaf Design bedroom here
- Also have a look at the lovely recolour Country blues here

Bed Pillows are RgdyAnne's ZeeDeCo Bed pillows from this site here
Jonesi double Bed Blanket here
Table is from Simplan-x Elegance Table 1 here
Table Lamp is from Sims Design Avenue - Set Campagne here
Armchair and ottoman from Holy Simoly bijoux set here
Dining chair from Holy Simoly Sorrento set here
1 and 2 tile Curtains from FairyWitchSims here

Matching wallpaper from Parsimonious (which inspired me to do the whole set). Fireplace, wall hangers, flowers and clutter from simply Styling.

Kind regards,
Helle
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 11:28:14 AM by hokadk47 »

The following users thanked this post: altanna, TofuSnorlax

Dinad2610

Re: Blue Hydrangea bedroom
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
Hi Helle! They look nice...you know you can put larger pictures up...if you would like...just use tiny pic or photobucket or something to host them...it's just hard to see what's in the room with the small pictures :yes :)

Online hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 09:01:15 PM »
Actually I dont know how to do. I have tried to make them bigger, but it didn't work.

Maybe you could tell me how ?

Nyx1961

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 10:18:46 PM »
Looks really pretty Helle!  :love  Thanks for sharing.  :flowers

For your pics, like Di said, try using Photobucket http://photobucket.com/ or TinyPic http://tinypic.com/. Also, I know some of the artists here use a camera download from somewhere (can't remember where). I just use print screen and Photoshop or Microsoft paint. You can get better close ups and bigger pics than using the in-game camera. :)

Online amythestfenix

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 11:09:52 PM »
This is a lovely set, Helle! And you've done some of my very favorite items  :blowkiss

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 12:19:15 AM »
Beautiful work Helle, I am so glad you shared it with us! Thank you!
Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

gayle_afcb

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 10:13:55 AM »
Helle that room is gorgeous  :clap :clap

I'll have a play with the photos for you so everyone can see it all closer up and I'll drop you a pm how to do them bigger for future use.  Having seen this room I am looking forward to seeing more from you  :)) :hug:

They do go a bit blurry when you enlarge them. I would suggest using a different program for preview pictures.  Personally I use paintshoppro, Lunie uses a different program that she talks about in another thread on here somewhere, I'll have a look for it.  That way you can save better quality photos than the game does for you.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 10:24:39 AM by gayle_afcb »

Online hokadk47

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
Thank you very much.

I will do some experiments with the photos, maybe I need to ask another time before it works for me. I have a lot of recols, so I am really looking forward to upload some more stuff.

Happy easter,
Helle

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 01:53:44 PM »
I use a program called Gadwin Printscreen.  With the settings you can take full screen caps and then crop and resize in an editor program.  I use Adobe Creative Suite 3 for my graphics program, most people cannot afford it but I get steep student discounts. Not to mention most MS software free.  But GIMP is a free program that shouldn't be difficult to learn for just resizing images.  I can put together some sort of tutorial if you'd like, if it would help. 

Nyx1961

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 03:49:05 PM »
I have PhotoShop CS3 as well but went back to 7.0. I actually prefer it to CS, CS2 and CS3.  :dunno

gayle_afcb

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
I use a program called Gadwin Printscreen.  With the settings you can take full screen caps and then crop and resize in an editor program.  I use Adobe Creative Suite 3 for my graphics program, most people cannot afford it but I get steep student discounts. Not to mention most MS software free.  But GIMP is a free program that shouldn't be difficult to learn for just resizing images.  I can put together some sort of tutorial if you'd like, if it would help. 

A tutorial would probably be very handy actually Lunie as it's quite a frequent question.  :thumbup1

Ghost

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 03:13:34 PM »
I use Photobie, which is also free. (And has a built in screen capture utility with several configurable options.) I'm a member in the forum there, so I may be a bit biased. But it is easy to learn.

Online hokadk47

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
Hi everybody - and thanks for your advices.

I have now tried Gadwin printscreen, and I think it solves all my print screen problems. So now I will prepare my next uploads.

Kind regards, Helle

gayle_afcb

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »
Yay - look forward to seeing the next ones  :))

Sesame

Re: Blue Hydrangea bedroom and dining room
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 10:31:48 AM »
OMG just found this too! It's so pretty I just love the bedskirt and the pillows and the blanket and the ...... Fantastic JOB!!!!!  :happy: :happy: :happy:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal