Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 20308 times)

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
Is it worth it?
« on: April 17, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
I have always wanted to have a wrought iron bed, so I set out to make one. As I am rubbish at curves ( and wings3d is not exactly easy on those either) I searched the net for a free model of a fence I could use. Found one, took it apart, tortured it a bit, and ended up with a bed frame.

My question is... at over 10000 polys, including bedding, is it worth continuing with the project? Considering that I want to add bedside table, mirror etc to the set too...

Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

Dinad2610

Re: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:31 PM »
well I don't know much about poly's...but I will say that is gorgeous Issy!!! :love :love :love I personally would love it...and don't beds allow for more poly's...cos it's over what? 6 tiles?? 

one of the other girls will have to weigh in on the poly issue...

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 12:01:08 AM »
I know nothing of polys since  I don't create or anything... but that's a gorgeous bed... and I'm not partial to wrought iron beds.  I'd snag it.
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Nyx1961

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
The bed is gorgeous, Issy!  :love And 10000 polys is just over 1660 per tile, which isn't crazy. I'd download it in a heartbeat!  :yes

rgdyanne

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 01:02:24 AM »
Finish it Issy, my Cinderella Coach beds were easily that and they were only singles. It's  :omg gorgeous, btw :thumbup

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 01:16:33 AM »
Thank you guys I will! It might be a long time in the making, cause I am not totally happy with it right now, but it will come!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 02:47:50 AM »
That is gorgeous!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 04:14:43 AM »
I think this will be beautiful!

ShanOw

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:42 AM »
I love that bed, 10000 is about the highest I would go but that is totally worth it!

Have you though of removing the poly's on the bottom of the posts?

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 09:58:37 AM »
I think it is lovely. I love that :love :love :love style too.

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »
Thank you ! Working on it right now...

Shane, anything that is not curved, I did, and believe me I kept it as simple as I possibly could to counteract the curves...but we are talking about such a minimal saving on poly count that its hardly worth mentionning!

gayle_afcb

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 11:21:09 PM »
Issy it's gorgeous and less than 2000 polys/tile which is ok from a poly count point of view  :))

Laurie

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 06:35:58 PM »
Ok, I know it's been like 2 months since Issy posted this, but I absolutely looooove this bed, and was just wondering if Issy has any plans to finish it?

:gayle

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 07:49:50 PM »
Awww Laurie...  :hug: I know I am so slow at doing things, and RL has been eating me up lately... I have the bed in my WIP folder still, with a second simpler one ( less polys...) I have also added a bench and a bedside table... If I get the time I will take pics in game.

I ought to make myself a to do list... and finish some of my on going projects, and request...  :blush I am so bad...

Laurie

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »
YAY! :realbighug:

Haha, I know what you mean! I've been working on a Door with my friend leesester, and I was supposed to do the Frame and Repo link it, I've done the frame and half linked it over the past month and a half. I have the folder ''DJLee Door [IP]'' [IP] = In Progress, sitting on my desktop since then. :tt2

Really looking forward to this! :drunk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal