Author Topic: Project Discussion  (Read 34144 times)

Offline hokadk47

Re: Project Discussion
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
Sorry, may I ask, what the project is ? :wub

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 02:57:17 AM »
Hokadk47

We're are creating texture-only defaults for every single buy and build object in the game. It's a fairly awesome project. We're also intending to include templates for them for recolouring joy for all.

We're using Kate's 100 Fabrics for the default fabrics, a combination of Kate's Woods, and Michelle's AL woods for the woods, and some other stuff for metal.

I'm doing the Wallpapers and Build section. Kate's working on seating and surface, and will be doing other Buy mode.

Shastakiss - Go for it! Love to see your version of the Moroccan

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Hey! I'm still interested in doing the Moroccan collection, is there a time frame we're shooting for?
That collection is full of exceptions o.O
If I end up guessing wrong on things, please feel free to ask me to change it - no ego! Or you can change it if I'm just not getting it - no ego :surrender
There's a lot of different metal for the Moroccan lighting, what other colors are we using besides the antique tin?

We have no time frame as far as I know; no stress needed for any of us  ;)

Metal priority: After the antique pewter (did it say tin?), I like your metals from your lamps- brass, pewter, iron, copper-rust, verdigris? Would any one else like a different order? I'm fine with compromise!

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 01:58:27 PM »
With metal - do you want me to use them on the windows where the windows are metal, or use the woods first? Or indeed the colours from the fabrics? (Thinking of the Ergo build, and the shopping window from Basegame).

I think I've got all the Hex numbers for them now.

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 03:31:58 PM »
Okay, thanks for the metals list! I dragged your pewter swatch over to my desktop and it said antique tin :blush
And Kiri, that's a good question about windows being metal or wood or maybe even plastic (ergo set I'm looking at you)! We'll see what Kate thinks but I'd go with your instinct. I know the bg shopping window has metal and wood textures so do both?

And I'd love the hex codes! I love making palettes in GIMP and it's good to be consistent :omg

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 07:47:49 AM »
I was doing this for another project, so not the right colours Shasta, but it was what made me ask the question in the first place.

It was actually a good test run for the build things, and finding the colour matching. Of which, the basic answer is you can't colour match outside under strong light - shade and inside is fine. And I really need to learn how to do a shader file.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:15:10 AM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 02:22:35 PM »
For all build items, I'd like to change the priority with white wood/metal as number 1. Metal for items that are obviously metal and shouldn't be wood, wood first for anything that can be wood would be my choice. Matching white build stuff is my biggest default wish  :flowers

Impressive set, Kiri! It looks really good, if not colors I'd use often. Perfect for anyone needing brights  :)

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2013, 01:14:02 AM »
I haz 2 questions and hope it's ok to ask them here: Do any of these already exist as just recolors? If some do, I'll find them.. if some don't: Could I use some of the textures to do recolors?

While I love what you're doing here and will be using half-ish of what's already done, some of them would work better as plain, old recolors for me.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2013, 01:26:37 AM »
MLC - I can't answer for Kate, but I can tell you that my stuff going up will have two options - default and non-default so you won't have to do recolours.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 01:37:18 AM »
Awesome, Kiri. I can't wait.  :love

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2013, 03:15:30 AM »
Maria, to answer your first question, Michelle has done a lot of the AL wood recolors and shared her wonderful textures for this project. Her originals are posted at Leefish and MTS. So they are available and I really recommend them  :wub

However, I'm pretty sure they all use the TXMTs of the original Maxis objects, resulting in the exact same textures not matching in game (the quaint desk and club desk were really off). That drives me crazy, so I'm giving all my defaults new TXMTs that do match each other and I had always planned to make recolors to "finish out" the missing 8 woods and 12 colors for the items.  It's a giant undertaking and will take lots of time.

If you would like to make recolors from anything I've posted that's not Michelle's (anything fabric, or not AL wood), I'm good with it. I'll post all the textures I've made if you'd like (or you can just extract them if it's easier). Let me know if there's any BG item you'd especially like done and I'd be happy to move it up the line.

I've always felt that people would pick and choose what they wanted to replace and if they should want to use my packages to put in their own textures, that's fine with me, too. All the TXMTs will already match  :)) I'd love thanks if anybody does use them, because I find it mind-numbingly boring to make them.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2013, 06:33:11 PM »
So I'm working on some new lamps, and need some metal.

Does my lovely stalker have texture swatches that I can use for my lamps?   :flowers

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2013, 08:00:09 PM »

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
Maria, to answer your first question, Michelle has done a lot of the AL wood recolors and shared her wonderful textures for this project. Her originals are posted at Leefish and MTS. So they are available and I really recommend them  :wub

However, I'm pretty sure they all use the TXMTs of the original Maxis objects, resulting in the exact same textures not matching in game (the quaint desk and club desk were really off). That drives me crazy, so I'm giving all my defaults new TXMTs that do match each other and I had always planned to make recolors to "finish out" the missing 8 woods and 12 colors for the items.  It's a giant undertaking and will take lots of time.

If you would like to make recolors from anything I've posted that's not Michelle's (anything fabric, or not AL wood), I'm good with it. I'll post all the textures I've made if you'd like (or you can just extract them if it's easier). Let me know if there's any BG item you'd especially like done and I'd be happy to move it up the line.

I've always felt that people would pick and choose what they wanted to replace and if they should want to use my packages to put in their own textures, that's fine with me, too. All the TXMTs will already match  :)) I'd love thanks if anybody does use them, because I find it mind-numbingly boring to make them.

Ohhh.. I know all about Michelle's AL recolors. My downloads folder is bursting with those. I was mostly thinking about furniture with fabrics since I really like the way your defaults look. Silly me- I actually like some of the Maxis textures and don't want to replace all of those. (I've also got some defaults that I like.) So recolors are called for in some cases. :)

There's no need to post any textures just for me. Since it'll be awhile before I get around to doing any recolors, I can just extract whatever textures I want to use. (With thanks and credit for those, of course.) Thanks for the offer to move something up the line- at the moment there's nothing that really sticks out for me. But if anything catches my eye, I'll keep that in mind. Unless you're interested in getting curtains done? I do have defaults for the cafe curtain that I like, but I wouldn't say no to any of the others being defaulted with your fabrics.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 12:11:29 AM »
I was mostly thinking about furniture with fabrics since I really like the way your defaults look. Silly me- I actually like some of the Maxis textures and don't want to replace all of those. (I've also got some defaults that I like.) So recolors are called for in some cases. :)

Unless you're interested in getting curtains done? I do have defaults for the cafe curtain that I like, but I wouldn't say no to any of the others being defaulted with your fabrics.

I actually need some curtains myself, so I will move them up. I like some of the maxis textures, too. I just want to pick and choose the ones to get rid of. Some of these defaults are "complete the set" ones since other people may hate ones I like and vice versa.

@Shasta- snagged the metal textures and quietly slunk away...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal