Author Topic: Chrissy6930  (Read 7115 times)

Offline altanna

Chrissy6930
« on: January 02, 2018, 09:28:13 PM »
Suddenly, TS2 Creations seems to be gone -- just when I have accidently deleted my folder with all of Chrissy;s Mission stuff and flowers, etc, in it.

I am tearing out my hair -- I use these things all the time -- especially the no-care flowers.

Does anyone know where she might have gone -- or stored her stuff -- or where I might be able to re-downlod it????

Any help is much appreciated.

Deb

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Chrissy6930
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:45:10 AM »
She uploaded a bunch of her stuff at MTS and TSR, but I'm not sure what is where. I probably have all of it, but I'd have to track it down. I can probably find the flowers quickly when I'm back at my desktop (I'm on my laptop while the workman do stuff to the house). Let me know what you can't find and I'll see if i can find it for you  :blowkiss

Offline altanna

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 02:17:29 AM »
As always, you are a lifesaver. TSR has game stairs and some plants, and NTS hs all the Mission stuff except for stairs. The stairs came from TS2 as did the no care roses I adore.

You will be interested to know that I am finally trying all you Tulip Grove build things. I can no longer walk, so I am finding more time to play.

(this meant to say----) I adore how this looks in the tbudget Craftsman.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:09:28 PM by altanna »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:27:53 AM »
Deb,
Here's a link to the folder where I have what I think is all of Chrissy's TS2 Creations stuff. Let me know if there's other stuff you know about that's not there. The Mission build has two different folders because I slaved her mod stairs and her gates to save space in my download folder. Only use the Originals folder or the Slaved versions folders because I used the same GUIDs.

I'm sorry to hear that you can no longer walk, but am happy to know that you are using the Tulip Grove items. This mission stuff is mostly in the Marina Victorian palette because I used it in Desiderata Valley. If you want something in Tulip Grove colors, just let me know!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:29:16 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: altanna, CatherineTCJD, LilSister

Offline altanna

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:26:29 PM »
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 07:40:34 PM »
Hi Deb,

I had been sitting on a large collection of Chrissy's content for far too long. I managed to recover all of Chrissy's content from TS2 Creations through the Wayback Machine, and I've become quite efficient at it. Some of Chrissy's custom content was already in my collection, back when TS2 Creations existed. You can find all of what I have of Chrissy's work on my Tumblr called CaptainJack's Simblr: https://captainjacksims.tumblr.com.

You will find that all of Chrissy's modular stairs, posted on The Sims Resource (TSR), is missing the txt file information, (required to install with the Scriptorium), due some apparent website updates at TSR. It didn't effect all creators who have posted their modular stairs on TSR, but that was dependent on where they posted that txt file information. I was successful at recovering most of Chrissy's txt file information, again using Wayback Machine. Unfortunately, it didn't work for every posting of Chrissy's. However, I posted all I could recover on my Tumblr site.

I'm not a creator of TS2 custom content, (don't know how), but I've been playing TS2 for years, and I still love the game as much as I did when I started back in 2006. After discussing my situation with Shastakiss at Garden of Shadows, I decided I wanted to give back to the TS2 community by sharing custom content from websites that are no longer in existence and from creators who are no longer contributing content to the TS2 game, especially those creators who I personally like and have enjoyed including their content in my game. As I said, I've been playing TS2 for years, and wanted to share that fun with other TS2 players, hoping it will keep this game alive for as long as possible. If some of that custom content gets imported and converted to TS3 and TS4, so much for the better, as that content will live that much longer.

My intensions of sharing other creator's content is not for personal gain. It never was. I claim no credit for their work. My credit only comes from what I may have to accomplish to recover their content from the Internet. In my postings, I want to note that all praise should go to them. My thanks is by honoring them and their creativity, and for making TS2 as much fun for me as I hope it can continue to be for other TS2 players. Enjoy!
But why is the rum gone?

The following users thanked this post: altanna, CatherineTCJD, croi

Offline altanna

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 09:35:19 PM »
Jack -- I was completely surprised and very pleased to see your post! I suffered the loss of a hard drive a couple of years ago, then had some medical issues that prevented me from trying to recover what I lost. Now I'm looking earnestly for stuff I lost -- and unfortunately, I just can't get the Wayback machine to cooperate. I will be attacking your Tumbler to grab what I need. Thanks so much for trying to save CC -- especially good CC.  That's why I hang out at Sims 2 Artists! Most of what is loaded in my game came from here!   :hug Deb

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 11:28:29 PM »
Hey Deb,

You're most welcome! I tend to do most of my "lurking" around Garden of Shadows (GoS), but I'm trying to expand that to other sites I've become a member of. I've found a great deal of content at GoS, have friends there, and have even donated money to CuriousB for the sake of GoS.

I felt a huge heartbreak when Black Pearl Sims closed. I had hardly scratched the surface on that site, when that ended. Since then, my attitude about archiving has only increased the need to save more and more good TS2 content from creators I am especially fond of. Chrissy was and is certainly among them. I hope you find my Tumblr especially helpful. I've done all I can to effectively post all of Chrissy's work I have, as honestly and as close to what was originally shared on TS2 Creations. It's the least I can do for being such a fan of this obsessive and enjoyable game, for as long as I've been playing it.

I've already made plans, in my head at least, to include Raynuss' content in the near future. I've been a huge fan of his for years. I hated to see his website permanently close, and recall the frantic behavior that resulted from folks in the TS2 community, including me, attempting to recover all they could. What bothers me though, is to have a link with a list of files, with no images to refer to, and nothing to connect to the actual content, buried in a blog. Too many TS2 fans will miss out on some really great content! I want to change that and bring that content back into the light for new and existing TS2 players to find and enjoy using in their game. And for those creative enough to import to TS3 and TS4, so much for the better.

It's the least I can do, and I don't mind the work to make it happen.  :)
But why is the rum gone?

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 01:04:38 PM »
Raynuss stuff has been archived here: https://simfileshare.net/folder/24682/.  Can't say it's all of it, as I have no clue what all he has made.

If you need help creating new text files for the stairs, let me know and I can help with that.

You're most welcome! I tend to do most of my "lurking" around Garden of Shadows (GoS), but I'm trying to expand that to other sites I've become a member of. I've found a great deal of content at GoS, have friends there, and have even donated money to CuriousB for the sake of GoS.

CuriousB stepped down as admin/owner about five years ago, someone else pays the bills these days.  But I thank you for any donations!  I too lurk at GoS.  ;)

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD, CaptainJackSims

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 07:17:07 PM »
Hey Huge!

Thank you for noting that, but I have much more content than what's contained in that link of Raynuss' work. As I've said to Deb, the problem with having a link to a list of files, is that there are no images to refer to, and nothing to connect to the actual content, buried in a blog. Too many TS2 fans will miss out and never find Raynuss' content on a blog, because they'll never really get to know who Raynuss was or what his creations looked like, not to mention the large amount of work he accomplished. I want to share all that on my Tumblr, so that I can bring Raynuss' content back into the light for new and existing TS2 players to easily find and see what he accomplished, using the same images Raynuss created to present his work when it was displayed on his "Imagine That!" website, while staying true to what Raynuss posted. If you've seen my Tumblr, you'll understand what I'm attempting to do. I don't take credit and don't claim to be a creator of TS2 content. All credit is directed to the creative people who I share on my Tumblr. Deb is among many TS2 players who appreciate what I have provided.  And I don't mind doing the work of sharing that content. It's the least I can do to honor those creative folks for the love of this game and to keep it alive for as long as possible.
But why is the rum gone?

The following users thanked this post: HugeLunatic

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 09:29:42 PM »
Huge!

If you need help creating new text files for the stairs, let me know and I can help with that.

If you're serious about assisting with creating new text files, there is one set of Chrissy's Modular Stairs that I was unsuccessful recovering through Wayback Machine.  I would be most appreciative if you could recreate the text file for Chrissy's Sato Stairs, posted at The Sims Resource; https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/257512

That would complete my recovery of Chrissy's Modular Stairs!  Thank you for the offer!  No hurry with getting that text file to me.  When you have the time.

Thank you so very much!   :thx
But why is the rum gone?

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2021, 10:59:46 PM »
I have her original .txt file - if that would help?

The following users thanked this post: HugeLunatic, CaptainJackSims

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 11:57:52 PM »
Catherine!

That would be more than helpful.  Thank you!

If you could just copy the text file and paste it in a reply message here, I could copy it and save it as a text file.  I've had to deal with those text files enough to know how they are formatted.

Thank you so much for this!   :thx
But why is the rum gone?

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 02:12:19 AM »
Here ya go:

# chrissy6930_satostairs

catalogTextResource chrissy6930_satostairs 139

modularStairs 710
objectID landing 0x69696986
objectID placeholder 0x69696985
objectID step 0x69696983
objectID topStep 0x69696987
objectID bottomStep 0x69696984
catalogTextIndex 0

I hope it helps ;)

The following users thanked this post: HugeLunatic, CaptainJackSims

Offline CaptainJackSims

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 04:55:25 PM »
That's awesome!  Thank you so much Catherine!  I'll give you credit for providing that text file information, when I post Chrissy's Sato Stairs on my Tumblr!   :perfect10
But why is the rum gone?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal