Author Topic: Rugs for your nurseries and kid rooms  (Read 16083 times)

Offline Gwenke

Rugs for your nurseries and kid rooms
« on: February 01, 2010, 11:46:48 PM »
I started making kid-themed recolours for Nengi's rugs, then quickly decided that I would never use them if I had to find them amid the plethora of recolours I already have.
So with Nengi's kind permission and HugeLunatic's awesome and patient help, I cloned Nengi's original rug and HugeLunatic's slaves to create a mesh set just for kids.  
Thank you both for making it possible.
The meshes:

The first set of 24 recolours, all shown on the same 3x4 mesh:

Please do tell me if you find some of them somewhat blurred in game. Most of them are made with a smaller texture (256x256) to make the files smaller. I could make them with the larger textures as well if needed, though. Recolours are also compressorized.
Download meshes and all recolours HERE.
Since the recolours include two textures of the TheFunSpot rug from Nightlife, here is a bonus hider for that. Also, a hider for the Planetoid Explorer rug from Pets. I did not do this one because I did not like it enough.
DOWNLOAD hiders

I think the pink donkey is my favourite, but the monkey ones come pretty close, too. What about you?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:29:51 AM by Gwenke »

Offline CatherineTCJD

Re: Rugs for your nurseries and kid rooms
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »
These are great!!! But... um... well, could I get a copy of your first version? I'd rather wade through recolors than pages of meshes. (sorry  :blush)

And I like the Rockets and the Fishies the best - but I gotta say, that's one cute little monkey!
 :dina

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »
Sorry, I did not keep the original versions (and there were just a few).
I also hate the pages of useless meshes (since you can't use EA rugs off-grid anyway), that's why I' making the Maxis-match recolours and the hiders. So far I'm through with the round rugs and the kid rugs. I plan to do the square ones as well, so the number of meshes left in the catalogue will actually be quite few.
That said, after I finish my kid rugs, I can upload the original .PNGs if you want. Right now it's hard to separate what's already done and what's not.

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 02:16:12 AM »
Well... OK. I haven't got back over to the rugs section yet - I'm about to do curtains (again!!!) Sheesh!

I remember you helped me figure out how to Texture-reference/Hide-excess-fuglies over at MTS2, and I did a few of the rugs myself. I just found and DnLd'd your other set from here which I'm happily going to use (b/c I think it is more thorough than what I did  :blush) Hmmm...

...All this rambling to say: These look great - I'll take them as they are. And, hopefully, when I get to the rugs everything will look spiffy! I'm getting tired of all this arranging/rearranging I'm doing. I'll do my rugs your way - THANK YOU!!! And I'll go back to organizing my pictures by size order... LOL. :crazy

Thank you very much for all these little tweaks you provide for my Simmies.
 :flowers

Offline juicyjudith

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 07:28:36 AM »
 :love these rugs, they are all great, but that donkey is gorgeous, big hugs judith.

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 06:32:59 PM »
 :likeit :likeit :likeit :likeit

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
The giraffe is my fav, but they are all gorgeous!!!
Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

Offline StephSim

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 06:14:25 PM »
This is one of those really clever object sets that make personalizing kid's rooms wonderful.  :thx

Offline Nonni

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 11:55:10 PM »
This is one of those really clever object sets that make personalizing kid's rooms wonderful.  :thx
Well said, Steph!
I am delighted with the wonderful variety and the huge improvement over the Maxis rugs. Thank you, Gwenke!
"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy."
~ Sir Isaac Newton

Offline kku88

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »
 :likeit :thx

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal