Author Topic: Wallpaper - Siding  (Read 13051 times)

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
Wallpaper - Siding
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
OK. I want to have plain (Life Stories) versions of sidings.
I know there's a vote for Wedding Cake Sidings.
I think the Tulip Grove sidings are ones that we want as well.

Of these, do we want to use the existing colours (which may or may not match with our linen colours) or do we want to have them made-up in our linen colours?

The reason I ask, is I have templates for the 1st 2, but Tulip Grove siding is one that I tried and failed at. So if someone else has a template for them, that would be grand. (By template, I mean being able to change the colours in the trim).

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Wallpaper - Siding
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
I'm somewhat conflicted about exterior wall defaults. I really want default packages for all the walls so that I can put the walls I use a lot into them  :) I don't think we need to worry about using our default color palette, although I do think everything should be available with white trim (where all the whites match  ;) )

I think the Tulip Grove color schemes are fine as is (sorry- no template, I understand perfectly about trying to make one as I haven't been successful at it either), although I'd like to expand the set with some walls with plain top borders (no tulips) and no top borders, as well as some with just the plain siding, some with the base section all the way up the wall, with posts on both sides, etc. I may even have some templates for some of these lurking around- my squirrel attention span means I don't actually FINISH all things I start...  :blush 

I'd actually love to have Wedding Cake set in all the Tulip Grove colors! I use the ones you've done all the time in Pleasantview along with Tulip Grove and another by Holy Simoly that's missing totally from their site called Pickett Lane which I keep meaning to expand as well and may have templates somewhere also.

My last must-have siding is the Marina Sims Victorian Set in all its colorways. It's my go-to set for Riverblossom Hills. I've always planned to do it in some US coastal New England-type colors for Bluewater Village, but haven't gotten to it yet, since I haven't played Bluewater in a long time.

I hope this rambling has been helpful  :D

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »
I'm quite happy to do Tulip Grove Colour schemes for the Wedding Cake and Plain Sidings, and I'm also happy to expand the Tulip Grove set with some plainer ones.

I found Pickett Lane on TSR, but I have them both. I've always been a little disappointed that the Pickett Lane/Tulip Grove wasn't a complete set. So am happy to do those ones.

I'm not that familiar with the Marina Victorian, although I'm also happy to do use that colourways for them.

How's about what I do first is the non-default versions and put them up here, and then depending on how you like them, we can default them as well.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
That would be fabulous! Making walls has never been one of my favorite things, so I always procrastinate about getting it done  :wub  Procrastination has paid off again, as I'm sure that you will do a fantastic job with them and I will have more of my favorite walls  :woot

Marina's Victorian walls can be found here and I have build things recolored to match them here. Lots of Tulip Grove things here, including the missing colors from HS. I now remember that I've failed to put the Pickett Lane things up (must get around to that soon  :blush)

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 02:15:32 PM »
I love making walls... I know that I'm a bit crazy - but there you go. Proof positive!

If there's any other walls you'd like made for your own use, let me know.

ETA: Quickie Question...

Do you want the Bay Window without the Crown as well? I haven't done it, but realised as I was building the test building that it would have been useful.

I've done the Teal and White as a test set, and it's got 17 pieces as well including the 4 it came with.

Download the Teal/White set including collection

Also - I've purposefully not cleaned up the textures so that they match the existing walls.  Have a play with them and see what you think. I can actually clean up most of the textures for this (apart from the tulip which is a rude-word) but it would mean replacing the existing set as well.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:10:21 PM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 04:08:21 PM »
 :perfect10 :perfect10 :perfect10

I love it! Love it! Love it!

Yes, I would like the Bay window without the crown. I just got you new template to play with and it might be worth making a comparison test for cleaned-up textures vs. old textures to see if it would be worth-while to redo the whole set. I think to yellow would be the  best to try it on as light colors show imperfection more.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
Coolness. Will add that to the list for tomorrow.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
Kiri. I added a board to this section for your walls when you are ready to upload them!

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
OO thankyou!

My plan is to load some stuff up this weekend. I feel like I've been a bit horrible sitting on them. :)

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 05:45:03 PM »
Completer Set for the Tulip Grove are now with you.
I'll do the Pickett Lane Completer set next, then Marina's completer sets.
Then I'll do Tulip Grove colours for the Wedding Cake.
Then Pickett Lane colours for Wedding Cake
Then Marina's colours for Wedding Cake.

Do you want Marina's colours for Tulip Grove as well?

Also - if you let me know what the US Coastal Marine colours are, I can do all 3 sets in that as well.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 01:23:28 PM »
Kiri!  :perfect10 :perfect10 :perfect10

These Tulip Grove walls are wonderful! I love them and I can't thank you enough for doing them for me * happy dance*

I meant to reply to you yesterday, but I got caught up in playing with my new walls! I decided to restart the uberhood and rebuild Pleasantview. Tulip Grove was always my favorite set for that- building codes are very strict in my Simlandia towns, and Pleasantview is very Victorian-country, turn-of-the-century brick, country-fair in tone. So Pickett Lane and Wedding Cake fit right in. I would love Marina's colors on Tulip Grove! I'm so greedy, I'd love all the colors on everything, but please, only do what you'd LIKE to do!

I would hate to take advantage of your good nature, or cause any of this to become a chore, so feel free to stop at any time! I see what I can do to get a palette posted for that Coastal Marine look- off to the paint store sites!

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 02:23:31 PM »
So pleased you like them! I did them as much for me, because I love that set, and have always been put off using it because it was missing the pieces that I needed. The Pickett Lane is also one for me - I love the colours, and some of the details. Some of them I'm not over joyed with - but making the completer set will be a joy to me.

I've started on the Pickett Lane - they're an interesting set, because they actually have Blue, Mauve, Mint, Rose and Yellow - but the Mint and Rose have darker shades of siding, and Mauve and Yellow don't have the full set at all.

I think what I'm going to do with Pickett Lane - is make the full set with the following elements:

Siding
Shingle
Crown - no spikes
Crown - short spikes
Crown - long spikes
Chair Rail
The full length spikes are tailored to include a chair rail - I'm not sure that we want that - so I may fiddle with a new pattern for the spikes.
Kick
I will do the spikes as LHS and RHS as well.

So this set is going to be much larger than the Tulip Grove, for fairly obvious reasons.

Panelling in White and Contrast Colour
2 sides of the Tulip Panel - however I'm going to clean that one up I think, I've never been overly happy with the curve - it's been wrong for the quality for the rest.
3 vertical panel
1 vertical panel

I think I'll also probably do the other panel in my panel template - that's the left and right arrow, and the half and quartered as well.

To be honest, I think I'm more excited about using the Pickett Lane colours on the Tulip Grove siding. :D

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »
Pickett Lane will be so much more usable with new pieces! Before, I would use the mint and rose; start to use the others, tell myself I ought to go make completer pieces, fail to do so; back in game- repeat cycle  :wacko

Tempting as it is, Tulip Grove can't be on every house in Pleasantview, so I'm really looking forward to having the new options with Pickett Lane  :love

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
You do realise of course, that I will want to see pictures of your Pleasantview! :D

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2013, 01:50:46 AM »
Well, sure, if you would like to! Of course, you get to see the completed (if not yet occupied) lots, not the ones where I just threw the walls on to look at them in all their shiny glory  :))

The closest to complete is Don Lothario's (he's moved out, it's not really his sort of place anymore). I just needed a new door, and a fence, and gate, and porch swing. Nobody will live there yet as I'm not sure just who is moving to Pleasantview. I always do that set of houses first as it doesn't fit my aesthetic for the town. My Pleasantview is a bit farther north than Maxis has it, and there are NO palm trees at all!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal