Author Topic: 3 maxis lamps - slaved to AFSolids  (Read 13070 times)

Offline hokadk47

3 maxis lamps - slaved to AFSolids
« on: January 23, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
Just a small set - 3 of my favorite maxis lamps slaved to my AFSolid version of the SDA Campagne Livingroom lamp.

Set picture

I have shown a few of Kates 93 recols just to give an idea of what this meshes can do for you.....

AFSolid Master mesh

All lamps are fully functioning. All lamps have new GUIDs so they don't interfere with the original ones.

Find the AFSolid master here
Find my 3 slaved maxis lamps here
Find Kates 93 recolors here

All thanks goes to maxis and to Kate who made the 93 colors.....

Enjoy, Helle
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:49:54 PM by hokadk47 »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, membears, Karlene, carrienan

Offline amythestfenix

Re: 3 maxis lamps - slaved to AFSolids
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 04:43:51 PM »
 :perfect10 :perfect10
Thank you so much, Helle! These are MY favorite Maxis lamps too- and now I can throw out almost 300 files! This will allow me more stuffage of the downloads folder with other items  :hug

*The link for the lamps just goes to the pic, not the file for the lamps  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:47:50 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
Thank you for telling me - the link is fixed now :wub

Offline altanna

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 05:12:48 PM »
This was a WONDERFUL idea!!!!!

Thanks so much Helle!!!!

Deb

Offline RKetex

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »
 :woot Helle, absolutely faabuuulous, daarrrrlink! I have always wanted more colors for those standing lamps. I use them all the time. Thank you.  :perfect10  :perfect10

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
 :thx Hooray! Three files instead of 93, and there are actually 176 more recolors in my game! :thx

kangals

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 05:55:39 PM »
I have a little problem with the table lamp sweetie - it is overwriting the Whodunnit Lamp. Only just realized when I particularly wanted this lamp for a recolour I had downloaded elsewhere and there it wasn't! Could you have a look for me when you have time please?

Offline altanna

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 06:53:03 PM »
Hmmm......I don't have that problem. That whodunit lamp is way back the lighting section, could you have missed it?

I use Kate's whodunit recolors -- plus I use these all the time.

Deb

PS: you picked the best place in the Sims world to frequent :-)

kangals

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 05:32:52 AM »
Well, I went through ALL of my table lamps, one at a time, but that does NOT mean that I couldn't be mistaken and, obviously if they are both showing up in your game, then I must be! At present I have deleted the file, but I will put it back and take another look. Thanks for letting me know.

You are absolutely right about the best place to be! I  :love this site and all the awesome creators, even if they are causing me problems with my overstuffed downloads folder - seems that every time I thankfully delete a heap of no longer necessary recolour files due to a great repository set, I end up downloading even more because nearly EVERYTHING here is absolutely must have!

Offline altanna

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
You're right! Everything is MUST HAVE!!! :-)

I love all the repository stuff, and have little more in my game than the creations here.

Hope all works out okay with the lamps. I love that set.

kangals

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:14 AM »
Must be something weird in my game - definitely the Whoodunnit Lamp is there without the file and gone when I put it back. As I have a number of recolours for this lamp that I want to keep and I have all of the other Solids slaved lamps I think I can probably do without it! Funny, while I was sorting this out I found I also had the Ilistara lamp overwritten by a file from elsewhere - deleted and found I actually didn't lose any recolours as far as I can tell.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 02:37:45 AM »
The file hkaw-maxis-agatha-tablelamp-slave-AFSolids (from the slaves file) does have the same GUID as the game's Whoodunnit Lamp. 

kangals

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 04:40:43 AM »
Thanks Lunie - as I said, I can prob do without, but at least I know that my brain is not deteriorating any faster than normal (sometimes I think senile dementia is overtaking alzhiemers!). With some other files I have collected with this problem I have simply cloned them and given them a new GUID, but I am not nearly clever enough to play with a slaved file.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal