Author Topic: Fireplaces - Recolorable  (Read 27445 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Fireplaces - Recolorable
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »
Numenor made the base game fireplaces recolorable in the CEP, but the Pets, Bon Voyage and Apartment Life ones were never added.  I suspect the reason being is that they use different meshes than the base game ones.  Another oddity...the BV fireplace was missing the base but the AL one was using the base from the base game fireplaces.

:here  All meshes are in the zip, delete any that you don't have the EP for.

The Warm & Toasty Fireplace - BV
  • Chimney Recolorable
  • Added base slaved to chimney

LaBoheme Fireplace - AL
  • Chimney Recolorable
  • Base slaved to chimney
  • Chimney Cap recolorable separately

Ignito Fireplace - Pets
  • Chimney Recolorable - Slaved to Fireplace Body

Installation:
Place in your zCEP-EXTRA folder.

DL

Credits: Numenor for the CEP and paving the way to recolorable fireplaces and more
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:52:10 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, Karlene, LadySilverwolf

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Fireplaces - Recolorable
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Thank you so much! I will now use these fireplaces way more often :wub  I don't suppose there's a way to make the chimneys mix-matchable, since I love the LaBoheme chimney a lot and would love to use it with other fireplaces.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:36:36 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »
 :omg :wub :omg :wub
Yep, it's like that.

Thank you so muchliest - I love it!

eta I mean I really really love it! LOVE LOVE LOVE that you fixed these fireplaces! (I think I was trying to be cool at first but I just had to show how super-geeky excited I really am) :blowkiss
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:02:53 PM by shastakiss »

Offline Mapat

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 09:21:10 PM »
Oh yessss........ :perfect10

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 11:06:51 PM »
Howdy!

Uhm ... not to be dense, but when the shoe fits .... where does one find the zCEP-Extra folder.  Do I create one?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 11:40:21 PM »
That folder is installed when you install the CEP and it's extras. C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2.  :)

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 02:50:57 AM »
Thanks HL   :flowers.  Apparently I needed to re-install CEP. :wacko  I may have deleted (?) it for some inexplicable reason :scared.  (Won't touch that again, if I had). 

Sooooo .... Thanks for the FAB-U-LOUS job on this BTW.   :perfect10

Offline spiegelsplitter

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
 :perfect10 just awesome, I was scarcly using these for unrecolourable chimneys...
...so these are much apreciated.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
I have a problem. I went to recolor the Warm and Toasty chimney to match my grey cabin stuff and I didn't get a chimney subset. So I checked to see if the files were in the CEP Extras folder. Check, they were. I thought maybe it's a CEP problem- clear, cache, clear history, run system check, restart SimPE, still no subset. I tried putting the files in the bins folder, still no luck  :wacko What am I doing wrong?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
Ok I think I got it fixed.  Sorry!  Somehow when I slaved the base to the chimney I got some other resources screwed up, and must not have restarted SimPE after doing it. I did get the choice of both subsets for the BV one this time.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »
Okay! I'm going to go test out some chimney recolors  :blowkiss

Offline raynuss

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 01:50:38 PM »
I'm having a problem with these files.  The Pets fireplace chimney works as described.  However, on the BV fireplace, the only part that is recolorable is the base that you added.  The remainder of the chimney still isn't recolorable.  The AL fireplace chimney is recolorable, but when I recolor the chimney, the recolors only show on the maxis fireplaces chimneys that are not part this set.  The recolors don't show for either the BV or the AL fireplace chimneys.  I have your files in my zCEP-EXTRA folder.  I saw the post by amythestfenix, who was also experiencing problems, so I redownloaded and reinstalled just today and they still don't work.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
File updated...hopefully fixed fer realz this time.   :wacko

Offline raynuss

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 10:22:10 PM »
Nope, they still don't work.  They show up as recolorable in the game, but when I recolor the chimney, the recolor is available only to the other Maxis fireplaces.  Doesn't show up at all for the LaBoheme or Warm & Toasty fileplaces.  If, by chance you slaved the chimney recolors to the regular Maxis chimney, that doesn't work either.  None of my chimney recolors show up for the LaBoheme or Warm & Toasty fileplaces either.  :thumbd

Offline raynuss

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
Had to ammend my post...the chimney for the Warm and Toasty fireplace isn't recolorable now since you "fixed" it.  No subset for the chimney shows up when I try to recolor it.  :thumbd

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal