Author Topic: 2009 Winter Holiday Gift: Blue Christmas Living  (Read 12369 times)

Offline makabaer

Re: Blue Christmas 2009
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 09:20:15 AM »
Wow, I LOVE this room!! (I adore all your "blue christmas" stuff... I think I even mentioned already I love blue ;-))  :thx

Just one question - or, well... a request? - it seems that Tempted Sims have gone (why am I always this late *sigh*) and I don't know what they said about sharing, so... uh... would it be possible to upload their recolor or maybe even do them yourself? I only dare asking because you said the main work are the textures and those you have already, so.... pretty please?  :blush

Online amythestfenix

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
Tempted Sims is now here, but I didn't see the gift recolors, so I'm removing the reference from the main post.

I'll see what I can do about making some, but while I have the "textures" for this set, I don't have TXTRs for the gifts yet because I've never recolored those objects before. BTW, do feel free to ask for things- I'm just explaining this because I thought you might be interested (and I'm a teacher, so I'm always sure people want to learn about stuff)  :)

Most of the time when people say "textures" they mean a specific design or pattern- like a wood grain, or a linen weave, or a print (like the snowflake design or the holly one). Sometimes they mean the TXTR they've made for an item. Every item you recolor has a TXTR; a "texture" file or picture that tells the game where to put the colors/patterns/etc. on the object. For some items, this picture is as simple as a square or rectangle of pattern (jonesi's blanket or the Campagne dresser). Others are very complicated. Whenever I make a complicated TXTR, I make a template of layers for the object (lots of people will call these .psd layers because they use PhotoShop) that makes all recolors after the first much faster and easier to do. I keep my TXTR files for all the objects I've recolored, so if the item gets lost, remaking is pretty simple (like the White Witchery stuff).

Offline makabaer

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 03:02:08 PM »
Ah, I see :-) Thanks for explaining - you're right, I'm always curious!
(Wish my kids were too... when I'm explaining something in more than one or two sentences they get impatient and just say: "Yes, I know, I know, I know....." even if they don't. Little rascals. *sigh*)

I'm so happy you're considering to recolor some gifts!  :wub Please don't hurry yourself, I have no problems waiting!
And about asking for things... honestly speaking that's more of a problem for me, (in RL too)... but now that you've encouraged me I might really do it again sometime  :), thank you sooo much for this kind... "offer"? (Don't know if that fits... it wasn't a real offer but I don't know a better english word)

I'm so glad I found this forum and your boards stuffed full of goodies - and especially with such awesome support!!  :blowkiss

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal