Author Topic: 2010 Winter Holiday Gift 8- Christmas Cabin BR: Blue Christmas  (Read 11291 times)

Offline amythestfenix

2010 Winter Holiday Gift 8- Christmas Cabin BR: Blue Christmas
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:05:10 AM »
This set just kept on growing because when I was setting up the pic, I just HAD to have something else for the room- then something else...and something else...   o.O  I decided to do the Parsimonious Winterwood bed and endtable in that BV Mountain grey wood texture with my Blue Christmas textures from last year's set I did for Altanna. I added a checked Jonesi blanket to give one more pattern to the set.

Anye at Black Pearl (and Cherryblossom Sims) made me a fantastic chair mesh and gave permission for Helle to slave it to Jonesi's blanket and the SDA Campagne dresser. Helle made a great pouf for it as well AND also made versions slaved to the Solids Lamp. So those are in this set as well. To add even MOAR wonderful goodness, Helle made her own great chair mesh (slaved for Solids and Jonesi's blanket) which just fits Betsy4Arts's great new blanket-and-pillow mesh from her Advent Calendar Day 4. So Betsy's mesh got recolored, too. Helle's chair is the solid cornflower blue one in the pic and is NOT included because she may want to post it herself :)

I had to have some small tables, so I have Sophisim's adorable little round table from Anno Sims and Betsy4Arts's cute country table from her Advent Calendar Day1. There's also a recolor of the Base Game tapestry, SIMcredible's new CallingStars bedcover, and Mummysim's Laura bed blanket2 from BlackPearl. Finally, more Winterwood- the deco shelf (needs AL) from the Living Room set and the mirror from the Dining Room.

Meshes are all included except for the Calling Stars bedcover thanks to the generous policies of the creators.

DL
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:24:14 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: Mapat, ElfPuddle, Karlene, schafrym

Offline altanna

Re: Winter Holiday Gift 8
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:16 AM »
 :realbighug:

This is absolutely lovely. I just love the wood, and the splash of blue against it.....sigh. :-)

Deb :clap

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 08:22:32 PM »
 :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Offline RKetex

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 01:13:02 AM »
 :woot YES! This is awesome!  :punk:

Offline juicyjudith

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »
 :OMG  What a gorgeous set Kate, just love it all, thankyou, love and big hugs judith.   :love

Offline ElfPuddle

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 06:00:17 PM »
 :omg
Thank you! This is so gorgeous! I can't wait to have time to play again!

bettynewbie2

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »
Gorgeous!  I just joined a couple of minutes ago, and this is the first thing I saw.   THANK YOU!

Offline altanna

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 07:11:27 PM »
Hey Kate, I was just showing this to a couple ladies at work who play the game, and you should have seen their reactions!!! Neither one have been in to custom content like me (heh....) but now that might change. You have new fans!!!!

Any chance you might be willing to do a bathroom in this grey color, with the shower curtain in this new plaid? I don't remember what the actual tub/shower combo I'm thinking of is called, but it does not have the bar at the top for the shower curtain....I hope that helps. I am not a big lover of plaid, but I love this chair and the blue plaid!! :-)

Thanks, Kate!!! (If you don't have time, don't worry :-) )

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 09:09:27 PM »
I'm not a fan of blue (sorry deb!)  but I really like these dark colors!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 03:19:21 AM »
I'd be happy to throw these textures on whatever you'd like, Deb, if you just root out the meshes you want so I know which they are. Shower tubs are hard to come by and I've been looking for something useful for rustic/country/wooden for quite some time.

I have fallen in love with this cabin (which is going to be a permanent location in my Three Lakes hood). Here's the bath I'm using:

This is Holy Simoly's Driftwood Bath set and Ocean Grove Shower (Donation or booty), and Shoukeir's mirror from Sims2Play. All I had to do was a recolor of the towels on the towel shelf which I put up in the Blue Christmas folder if anyone wants it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 03:21:35 AM by amythestfenix »

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 06:33:11 AM »
Oh. Kate. It is beautiful too :realbighug:

Offline altanna

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »
This is beautiful and fits the bill absolutely!!!!!

Please put it up???? !!!!!!    :beg :beg :beg :realbighug: :realbighug: :realbighug:

PS: In fact, I haven't really liked the Winterwood set much -- until I saw it in this color wood. I'm sure the blue around it had something to do with it....but I'm wondering how the rest of Winterwood would look in this color????  Just a thought :-)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:35:06 PM by altanna »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 09:37:22 PM »
Deb- the bath comes in this texture by Holy Simoly (Donation Pack 3), so go grab it from wherever and my towel shelf recolor has been added to the same folder as the rest of this set. Enjoy!

I've become addicted to this little cabin so I'm planning to do the Winterwood living room, dining room, vanity and plant from the bedroom, and the end table, plant, and pictures (maybe shower) from the bath as I go along. The other pieces aren't very useful for me so unless someone really wanted them, I won't do them.

Offline altanna

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
Thanks, Kate. I looked around and found this donation pack on my backup drive of all places. So we shall check it out. :-)

Thanks so much for showing me this!!! :-) :realbighug:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal