Author Topic: Default Bedding Replacements: Solids  (Read 18542 times)

Offline amythestfenix

Default Bedding Replacements: Solids
« on: March 08, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »
I use Piggi's (Piggi's Sims) Maxis recolors a lot when I play, and for my more modern lots and dorms, I use a lot of items from Tolli's site: SimsGedoehns (sorry, no umlauts for German on my keyboard). And I have a lot of items that use default bedding textures. So I decided to use AmberDiceless's  from Ambular's Artifacts (thanks so much, Amber!) and make a set that matched the colors for Piggi and Tolli's items; there were 2 files left so I added a lilac and a pale yellow. Tolli's colors have white upper sheets and Piggi's have cream (makes it easier for me to tell which is which). I just made separate beddings of the Maxis textures I liked and felt like keeping, so now I don't have to wade through lots of ugly stuff to get to something I'll use.

I thought someone else might like these too, so I'm putting them up here. They WILL replace the Maxis beddings with these, and if you don't like them, or want the Maxis ones back, just remove the file.

DL
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:28:02 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: ElfPuddle, LilSister, catcrazygrannie

Offline mustluvcatz

Re: Default Bedding Replacements: Solids
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:10:45 PM »
This may be a silly question, but if I download these- anything I have that picks up bedding textures will lose the Maxis colors? I truly hate most of the Maxis beddings but some of them do look good as curtains.  :flowers

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:09:59 PM »
Yes, exactly. The thumbnails will not reflect the change until you shift+click on them, but yes, it will be just as you said.

This may be a silly question, but if I download these- anything I have that picks up bedding textures will lose the Maxis colors? I truly hate most of the Maxis beddings but some of them do look good as curtains.  :flowers

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 11:44:17 PM »
What a wonderfulidea, Kate. I will look at these as soon as I get home from US. :realbighug:

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:05:39 AM »
Yes, exactly. The thumbnails will not reflect the change until you shift+click on them, but yes, it will be just as you said.

Shoot. That didn't make my day. But at least I still have a new kitchen to play around with.  :))

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:17:06 AM »
I just exported the textures of the Maxis bedding I liked and made new ones- sometimes I changed the sheets (so there weren't so many white bedding-match recolors). These only replace the beddings Amber had in her file as I didn't have a default replacement file that included ALL bedding and I wasn't awesome enough to make my own.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:20:16 AM by amythestfenix »

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »
Well, thank you for the awesome idea!! That'd be really easy for me to do right now, too..since there are no custom beddings in my dl's at the moment. And I was getting ready to work on a thing or two. Yes, yes, yes! If I'm not mistaken, there's a way to hide Maxis beddings, too.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 02:22:17 AM »
You know about HP's replacement files at MTS, right? (http://sumomo.modthesims.info/download.php?t=274692) That's what I used to make my defaults.

These only replace the beddings Amber had in her file as I didn't have a default replacement file that included ALL bedding and I wasn't awesome enough to make my own.

Offline StephSim

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2012, 05:00:54 AM »
This message at the top of the post made me giggle...

"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic."

:rofl2

I think I "want" to reply.

I like the "Essentially Solid" collection as I'm on a downloading spree today, looking for a variety of things in solid colours! :) Thanks for these DR beddings!

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
  • s2a Groupies
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 09:03:30 PM »
Edited.

I've worked out how to do the default beddings, and now have the rest of them (there are 14 more). Do you want them to add to your collection?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:50:12 PM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 12:53:48 AM »
Sorry, I missed your previous post  :cry Yes, I do want them, since I've been planning to redo my default set! Thanks so much  :flowers

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal