Author Topic: Please help - Numenor Wooden modular stairs  (Read 3101 times)

Offline FannySims

Please help - Numenor Wooden modular stairs
« on: December 13, 2019, 03:58:12 PM »
Edit :

Is there anyone who knows how to help me?
I am trying to write on the Wooden modular stairs by Numenor of all the ways I thought, as words remain as in the demonstrative image.
How should I write to read correctly?
I appreciate all the help available.

https://modthesims.info/d/53159/recolourable-wooden-modular-stairs-upd-23feb07.html

Sorry for the poor viewing of the image. The camera is from the game and I didn't think it would be so bad, I hope you can see that all the words on the stairs are the opposite, I tried in imaginable ways to make the words look left to right when read.
But without success.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:01:12 AM by FannySims »

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Please help - Numenor wooden ladder
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 10:53:41 PM »
Fanny, I would like to help but I can't see the picture you linked so I don't know what you need help with. The link gives me an error message because I am not a member of Flickr and don't have permission. I don't know of a wooden ladder by Numenor, just his modular wooden stairs, but I have recolored them often.

Offline FannySims

Re: Please help - Numenor wooden ladder
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
amythestfenix
Thank you for your willingness to help and sorry for not being able to see the image now that the wifi internet has returned, I was able to modify the topic, hope you can better understand my request for help

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Please help - Numenor Wooden modular stairs
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 01:24:11 AM »
Fanny,
I think I understand the problem. These stairs cannot be recolored to show the words correctly because they are not mapped to allow it.

These stairs are modular so the game puts each step of these stairs down separately and while all of the steps use the same texture map, the texture is put on each step differently as the game "builds" the staircase.

I think you will have to find a staircase mesh (not modular stairs) that is mapped to display the texture on each step identically in order to get the look that you want.

This is Steffor's Fresh staircase, which would work- unfortunately it has no railings:

Mustluvcatz @ MTS made three styles of stair railings, so I think those could be used with these stairs. Her stairs can't be used because the edge of the step is mapped so that the writing goes across it and looks terrible.

They would not be modular, but I don't know of any modular stairs that would work.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 02:45:51 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: FannySims

Offline FannySims

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 01:34:13 PM »
amythestfenix
thank you so much for your willingness to help me, it's sad when it's hard to find a right ladder to make the words come out right.
Would the maxis stairs work?
I once saw on Tumblr a ts2 image of a writing ladder and I was right, but unfortunately I don't know which ladder is used and I don't remember who posted this picture.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 05:44:31 PM »
None of the Maxis stairs I tried worked. The one I linked for my picture was the one I found that would work.

In game pic of Steffor stair recolor with MLC railings:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 02:34:03 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: FannySims

Offline FannySims

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
Thanks for testing the words on the stairs and demonstrating the results in the images, I'm happy for your willingness to help and see that Steffor's ladder works with words.
I'll use it and the rail too.

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »
Wow, I have never seen these railings before - definately worth trying :perfect10

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 03:27:11 PM »
I'm glad Fanny asked about this because I'd forgotten about both these meshes! The steps can have 6 different designs on the risers. I can now see quite a lot of use for them  :love
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:30:07 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2019, 05:05:24 PM »
Sure - I am looking forward to seeing your creations :love

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal