Author Topic: IKEA Expedit Bookcase  (Read 50572 times)

Offline CatherineTCJD

Re: IKEA Expedit Bookcase
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 11:03:44 PM »
OK - I was using the ones from Mutske/TSaaaaRrgh:
 :pirate/tsr/mutske/expeditextraadd-ons.zip

Her recolors work for the other versions of this cabinet, but not for this one. Maybe it's a guid issue and they're not meant to work together... Can I change the guids and make 'em work?

Thanks,
Cat

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 11:29:45 PM »
Booty visit!   :pirate

The boxes from mutske's are slaved to something else of hers and the frame is slaved to the expedit tv.  I am guessing she also made them before the CEP included IKEA and hasn't gone back to fix them.

The mapping might not even be the same as the IKEA one so I wouldn't even bother trying to slave them.   Quicker to use the textures themselves and make your own recolors of the contents of the tv center.

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2009, 01:24:39 AM »
Alrighty. Thank you for checking in to this. I'll try my hand at recoloring. If anything turns out, I'll let you know.
Thankys!
 :flowers

EDIT: OK... I just peeked into your bookcase... what do I recolor? There weren't any TXTRs or anything else that looked recolorable. Sorry if I'm a dunce - I've only done a few recolors. Thanks for your help. :-)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 01:48:49 AM by CatherineTCJD »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2009, 03:25:39 AM »
LOL  Gotta learn sometime!  You want to recolor the Expedit TV not my bookcase. :)  Specifically choose the contents and not the frame when the box pops up.  You'll understand when it does.

theevilwriter

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 07:08:38 PM »
 HugeLunatic, thanks so much for updating this :) I can't wait to try it out...well, given it takes half an hour for the game to load I will be waiting, but you know what I mean.

Alrighty. Thank you for checking in to this. I'll try my hand at recoloring. If anything turns out, I'll let you know.
Thankys!

EDIT: OK... I just peeked into your bookcase... what do I recolor? There weren't any TXTRs or anything else that looked recolorable. Sorry if I'm a dunce - I've only done a few recolors. Thanks for your help. :-)
To make recolors, you're not going to recolor the bookcase, but the TV center because the bookcase is taking its colors from it. When you make a recolor of the TV center you have three options: recolor both the frame and the boxes by leaving both options clicked in simpe when it asks you which textures to recolor, just recolor the frame by unclicking the second option (I think it's called "contents" but I don't have simpe open to check), or just the boxes by unclicking frame option.  Since I have a lot of nice frames from piggi that I'm not going to improve on, I've just been recoloring boxes.

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 12:07:37 AM »
Since I have a lot of nice frames from piggi that I'm not going to improve on, I've just been recoloring boxes.

Ooooh, will you share??? Please???

:blowkiss

theevilwriter

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 12:31:27 AM »
Since I have a lot of nice frames from piggi that I'm not going to improve on, I've just been recoloring boxes.

Ooooh, will you share??? Please???
Of course. I have no idea why Piggi didn't recolor the boxes too, but here's a link to the frames: http://www.piggis-sims.net/IKEA03.html

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 10:10:26 PM »
No, not those - I have those!!!
The boxes! Can I has your box recolors? P-p-p-please?  :flowers

MissPiggi

« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:40 AM »
Just stopping by to say a HUG THANK YOU for this work Lunie!  :love
I will recolor the boxes too of course...give me a little bit time... working fast as i can  tehehe

Quote by theevilwriter:
I have no idea why Piggi didn't recolor the boxes too..

Maybe blonde? Blind? I didn't realize that's it's possible. Sorry for the little mistake  :;
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:27:52 AM by MissPiggi »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:35 PM »
Yay!  Box recolors! :)

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »
Ditto the YAY!
Take your time, MissPiggi... So long as I know your on the case - I can relax and think about something else for a while  tehehe

MissPiggi

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 10:44:40 AM »
Time is gone....DONE  :punk:
Page 3 at the Ikea Collection...you know.
Please re-download the files,Box recolors are in the folder now included  :yagami

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal