Author Topic: Dogwood tree  (Read 15873 times)

Offline Gwenke

Dogwood tree
« on: July 26, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
My second new Seasons-friendly tree: a new version of the dogwood tree originally made by Maxis and brought to us by Callum91 and Numenor in a non-seasonal version which required Family Fun Stuff.
My version requires Seasons but not the stuff pack and has a new GUID. It correctly changes with the seasons and drops leaves in the autumn.

This tree is based on Bienchen's template, for which I'm very grateful. I've made quite a few changes, though, so feel free to clone this tree to make your own seasons-friendly trees - it should be easier now.
No files from Numenor's tree were actually used, but the file names were very helpful in finding the mesh and some textures in the game files.

The tree comes with three recolours and is found in Build/Plants/Trees for 165 simoleons. The mesh has 3816 faces and 4343 vertices.

Download Dogwood Tree

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:22:16 AM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD, Karlene, Duine, aelflaed

Offline Mapat

Re: Dogwood tree
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:32:05 PM »
Oh so wonderful  :blowkiss , but the download button does not work  :cry

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 09:21:17 PM »
Thank you for telling me, I have fixed it now .)

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:25:42 AM »
More please!!  :))  Take your time, of course..but could you hurry it up a bit? No pressure..

Seriously, thank you for this tree and the other one. I got rid of any cc tree I had that didn't change with the seasons because I couldn't stand them not changing. Then I tried to do it on my own (with a shrub I edited) and gave up. It did get snow on it but it wasn't quite right. So I'll leave this kind of stuffs to those who know what they're doing. Thanks again!

aussiegirl

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 10:26:07 AM »
 :thx :) :flowers

Offline Mapat

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »
I was wondering, is there an easy way to locate CC trees, plants etc. that don`t change with the seasons ? In fact, is there a way to find out at all ? :flowers

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 06:53:53 PM »
Mustluvcats:
That's what I did, too, including the non-season-friendly recolours of Maxis plants. I first tried to make seasons plants exactly one year ago but failed, so it has taken me quite some time to get the hang of it. And I'm still just tweaking existing meshes.

Mapat:
Apart from making a test lot with a test sim, planting all the trees you have, cheat the sim up to gold aspiration, buy a weather machine and change the season a few times to look at all seasons?
That's what I did.
Or you can open each tree and shrub in SimPE and look at the GMDC. It there is only one resource there then the tree will not change with the seasons. If you see more, probably ending in swx01_tslocator_gmdc or similar, then it should.
There is one exception to this, though: plants that are not actually trees but deco objects. Those will not change either, but they may be covered by snow in winter if the creator enabled it.
The same is true for shrubs about the GMDC and the deco plants. I am not sure about flowers, I haven't gotten that far yet.

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 08:42:38 PM »
This is great Gwenke.   :flowers  And I have to put it into my game .... after all, it's the provincial flower of British Columbia (where I live)!

Thanks for making this .... and others that may follow!   :))

Offline Mapat

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 10:22:32 PM »
Oh Gwenke, I have always appreciated your work and now knowing about all the extra work of checking out stuff I do even more, if thats possible  :flowers

Offline ChrisaL27

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
Ooh how cool! I love it!  :thx

Poisonsilvi

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »
Awesome - love these new trees !  :thumbup  Thank you so much Gwenke !  :love :flowers

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal