Author Topic: No Fireplace Fires  (Read 3245 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

No Fireplace Fires
« on: January 09, 2022, 07:24:11 PM »
Originally uploaded to tumblr, but since I can never find anything on tumblr (even my own stuff!), putting it here.

A global mod that removes the chance of fires, and also found by accident can change the burn time.  The burn time can be adjusted by editing highlighted value in the bhav Idle.  It says minutes, but thru testing it’s clearly just a variable affected by something else, but it serves my purpose so I didn’t search harder for another solution. For each increase by 1, it roughly adds 1 ½ hours to the burn time.  I have a value of two in this mod, and the fire burns for about  4 ½ hours.  When I changed it to 3, it burned for about 6 hours.  Does not conflict with Simler90s Fire Mod, but may conflict with other no fires from fireplace mods (ie: carrigons forever burn).  This works on all Maxis and cc fireplaces.

DOWNLOAD

To put back in the chance of fire: Change line 0x02 return true value to 5 instead of 3. :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:36:16 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: amythestfenix, shastakiss, LilSister, LadySilverwolf, aelflaed, oph3lia

Offline LilSister

Re: No Fireplace Fires
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 03:01:13 AM »
I have eliminated all possibility of fires in my game. Those fireplace place fires used to annoy me, you couldn't place anything on top and if a rug or literally anything nearby would catch fire. Thank you for another option, it's always a plus when we have options for our gameplay styles. I used to use Carrigons forever burn mod for fireplaces. I've been using Sun & Moon wood crafting station and Sun & Moon functional fire which eliminates fires starting from fireplaces and it burns for 8 hours. The best thing about it are the options that allow use of decorative places to have functional fires.

Offline thechangeling

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 11:00:28 PM »
I have eliminated all possibility of fires in my game. Those fireplace place fires used to annoy me, you couldn't place anything on top and if a rug or literally anything nearby would catch fire. Thank you for another option, it's always a plus when we have options for our gameplay styles. I used to use Carrigons forever burn mod for fireplaces. I've been using Sun & Moon wood crafting station and Sun & Moon functional fire which eliminates fires starting from fireplaces and it burns for 8 hours. The best thing about it are the options that allow use of decorative places to have functional fires.

If I'm understanding what you're saying correctly, are you able to use Sun & Moon's All Fired Up set along with HL's mod? I love the functionality of the fire set, but I want to eliminate any possibility of fires from my game. Sun & Moon's set has a warning about using mods that alter the burn length, but maybe this can be used with a particular load order?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 11:27:24 AM »
They will conflict, they edit the same bhav.  However, it looks like the sun & moon version has removed the line that attempts to start a fire anyway.  So if you use that one, you shouldn't have fires anyway.  It looks like they have added an Idle for 8 hours to give the burn length.

Quote from: Sun&Mood

While the fire is burning Sims have the usual options to View, Warm and Poke the fire. Also, any issues with flammability or other normal game fireplace features have not been removed.

The following users thanked this post: thechangeling

Offline thechangeling

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 01:37:28 AM »
They will conflict, they edit the same bhav.  However, it looks like the sun & moon version has removed the line that attempts to start a fire anyway.  So if you use that one, you shouldn't have fires anyway.  It looks like they have added an Idle for 8 hours to give the burn length.

Quote from: Sun&Mood

While the fire is burning Sims have the usual options to View, Warm and Poke the fire. Also, any issues with flammability or other normal game fireplace features have not been removed.

Thank you for taking a peek at that file and clarifying! I think I might have to experiment with modifying that burn length since you provided those handy dandy instructions. :thx

Offline aelflaed

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 06:32:17 AM »
Hi HL, I just tried to download your file, but the link on this thread didn't work.

...I -was- able to find the 2020 Tumblr post, so I got it from there.  tehehe   (https://tmblr.co/ZTYnmqZGS9gn4y00)

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 05:36:58 PM »
Thanks for letting me know!  I fixed the link, the post had some bad bbcode.

Offline LilSister

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2022, 03:18:38 AM »
I just saw this. I did not state that I was using Sun & Moons Mod along with HL's mod. What I stated was I used to use Carrigons Mod and now I am currently using Sun & Moons Mod. I was just appreciating and thanking HL for providing the Sims community with another option.

The following users thanked this post: HugeLunatic

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal