Author Topic: Grass terrain replacement  (Read 14168 times)

Offline Gwenke

Grass terrain replacement
« on: January 10, 2010, 09:07:33 PM »
Let me say it first: I did not do a lot of work on this (see credits), apart from figuring out how these mods work.
So, this mod will change grass terrain roads to cobblestone and sidewalk to stone paving, everywhere from 'hood view and everywhere but on the lot when in lot view. Therefore floor tiles are included to match the on-lot sidewalk (4) and street (1) to the off-lot look.
Works for new and existing 'hoods as well.
Download

(Picture is taken in lot view, from across the street. The tree is at the far edge of the lot.)
Credits:
Stev84 made the original cobblestone street and the necessary floor tiles.
CurlyRed made the original sidewalk pavement.
Psychosim put the two together and tweaked CurlyRed's floor tiles.
I then re-converted Psychosim's mod to work with grass terrains, as his was for dirt terrain and changed the general terrain (between the houses) to brownish green. I preferred the standard lighter green of the original grass terrain.
This is uploaded with Stev84's and Psychosim's permission, with a huge  ty (CurlyRed has not been seen at MTS since June.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:31:14 AM by Gwenke »

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Grass terrain replacement
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:55 AM »
This is very cool, and I think it will be perfect for my Veronaville Bottoms-up hood  :wub Thanks so much for it!

aelflaed

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »
Thanks!

I can't decide now - whether to rebuild my hood to use Psychosim's mod with grunge-green, or just to dump your version into my already-lush hood. In any case, those squeaky-clean roads have to go.

Since I've already made my slum families, I'll probably just be lazy. :) Thanks for sharing.

Offline makabaer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
I use another replacement already (got it on MTS2 but don't remember who did it... but it's for grass terrains as well) but wanted to tell you anyway that this looks fantastic - and that road replacements are VERY needed - I used to be soooo unhappy with the ugly modern roads in my ancient roman/egypt neighboorhood and my medieval/fantasy one...

Hmmm... thinking about it I could use a freaky futuristic replacement for my scifi hood and a cracked poor looking one for my gothic dark and slum hood.... hmmmm.... and a more rural one for my farmer neighborhood and for my fishervillage.... and... yes, okay, I'll shut up ;-)

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:24:50 PM »
Just keep in mind that you can only have one replacement by terrain and _game_, not by 'hood. So, unless you use AnyGames, the choice is even more difficult to make.
And thank you for the compliment :)

Offline makabaer

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »
Oh, that's no problem - I have a separate download folder for each neighborhood (as I have I-don't-know-how-many-Gigabytes of downloads and try to reduce it this way - for example I need very diferent downloads for ancient and for futuristic hoods...), so I chose which hood to play before I start the game and exchange the DL folder.
That way I have different defaults for every neighborhood as well (which makes it less boring too).

So, um... if you ever think of doing more different default roads, I'm sure to use them *lol*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal