Author Topic: 2016 Winter Holiday Gift 8: Blue Christmas Kitchen  (Read 8470 times)

Offline amythestfenix

2016 Winter Holiday Gift 8: Blue Christmas Kitchen
« on: December 25, 2016, 01:59:32 AM »
I decided to re-do my Thanksgiving gift set as a winter holiday gift (because I really love these textures!) So here's the blue cabin-y version of the same things! (I also get to re-use the same wording as the Thanksgiving set  :) )

I've recolored a variety of things for this set. I wanted to use a BG kitchen as the base of the set, so I did the Chez Moi Colonial counters in my BV cabin grey. Get the counter fix and expansion set by MaryLou & Numenor @ MTS if you don't have it! There are other great expansions for them by Celebkiriedhel, CTNutmegger, Spiralbound Sims, and Mutske, too  :wub (Do let me know if there are more!)

I also slaved VitaSims beautiful Cottage Kitchen wall shelves so that my downloads folder didn't have to have more files than necessary. The china cabinet is really the VS wall shelf 05 (not slaved) over a counter. All meshes are included in the 2016Thanksgiving folder- they are my working copies, so I've changed the file names where needed. The recolors will also work with the original meshes if you already have them.

You get all this:

Amovitam 3t2 Mediterranean Stove
hokadk47 WFS Bavaria Tier Curtain
N65 Rug
EA BG Colonial Counter
EA NL Kitchen Sink
Huge Lunatic Canvas Art Square
VitaSims Cottage Kitchen Flower
VitaSims Cottage Kitchen Table
VitaSims Cottage Kitchen Towel
VitaSims Cottage Kitchen Vent
VitaSims Cottage Kitchen Wall Shelves
Cassandre Country Life Chair

I've used a lot of deco in my screenshots so if you see something you want, just ask  :flowers

DL
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:29:01 AM by amythestfenix »

The following users thanked this post: altanna, ElfPuddle, Balouchati, caravirt, membears, SandyS, LadySilverwolf, amunique2u

Offline Karlene

Re: 2016 Winter Holiday Gift 8: Blue Christmas Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »
Once again I see you're up early!  And giving beautiful gifts AGAIN!! I hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright!! :woot :woot :love THANK YOU!!!

The following users thanked this post: amythestfenix, bubbles2000

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:01:10 PM »
Kate, this is so well-made and your attention to detail is very appreciated! Thank you  :flowers

The following users thanked this post: amythestfenix

Offline bubbles2000

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »
I do want to thank you. This is incredible. I am having a hard time getting all of the objects to appear in my game. I haven't been able to get anything from VitaSims or Amovitam to show up. Everything else is fine. Am I doing something wrong? Or missing something? Please help me. :blush
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 05:23:11 PM by bubbles2000 »
Bubbles2000

Offline Ginnie

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 06:04:36 PM »
I have a strange issue - on my Win10 pc, my Sims 2 custom content in package files is seen as Sims 3, not 2.  On my Win 7 machine, those files are read as Sims 2 files.  Maybe you have a similiar issue?  And I cannot figure out how to solve it.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 11:53:16 PM »
I honestly have no idea why this problem would be happening, so I don't know how to help. Amovitam's original post is here and VitaSims' is here (pay, often I heard it often doesn't work for US downloads) or here (booty). Maybe you could try downloading the meshes from there and it would help? It would not allow you to use the slaved versions of the cabinets but maybe it would be an improvement if it works? 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 03:09:13 AM by amythestfenix »

Offline bubbles2000

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:49:46 PM »
I want to thank you repeatedly for adding links to download the meshes needed for me to be able to download your set. :thx
Bubbles2000

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »
OMG this is beautiful :love

Offline Ginnie

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
TY, I did somehow get Sims 2 package files to appear as files read by SimPe, and I think most of the files are showing up.  That win10 machine is a new build, but the files came from a win7 machine.  Those files never read right on that machine, either!  And oddly enough, if I have rar files with Sims 2 package files in them, they show as Sims 3 files until I extract them!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal