Author Topic: Sheer Curtains  (Read 6321 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Sheer Curtains
« on: March 12, 2011, 01:59:46 PM »
http://db.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=436470

This is  WCIF by mangaroo at MTS, but I've been wondering the same thing!  I know I've seen sheers tucked  under pics by amthestfenix, so I was wondering which ones you use and if you need to use more than moveobjects to place them.

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Sheer Curtains
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 04:22:08 PM »
I posted this at MTS for mangaroo as well.
If you are using the AL version, I have a couple of recolors of Inge's Pelmet AutoDrapes I use. For full-height and shorter windows, I have a couple of sheer recolors of her regular AutoDrapes. If you never want them to open, set for always closed. For some windows, it will be necessary to use snapobjects to move both sets of curtains away from the windows a little. If you use the AL version only and you don't mind a little bleed at the edges, you can use sheer recolors of the original curtain and evanesco's closed version of the single (and cheat to place it for the double). Of course, it would be great to have closed versions of the other sizes as well ;).

I'll get these recolors posted sometime today and you can check them out. The new Vintage Violets set has a sheer beige eyelet SE curtain in it and the New Rose set has a pink sheer. Were there any colors besides white (I use white almost exclusively) you wanted for sheers?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
Thanks!  The one from the Vintage Violets I really wanted.  I'm interested in white, probably all I would use.  A white sheer and a white sheer like the pink in the New Rose set would be good.  Some sheers I've used in the past are from pixel sims (I like the white colors).  Any designs are fine really.

Riverwillows

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:48:43 PM »
I hope I'm not butting in with a bad idea....but have you thought about EarthGoddess' Stephanie Curtains? Those are a white sheer, and straight. Not sure how you'd feel using her stuff, but it's being hosted over at SimsCreativity by KatKat, if you don't have it.

Just a thought.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:14:02 PM »
If kate wants to recolor those, that's up to her.  However I don't use those meshes and am not interested in them.  I've already decided to make a new slave mesh to the HS designed to go under the original meshes, one that I can use for sheers and without needing cheats.  Just need to find the time to squeeze it in!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
A new mesh would be fabulous! The windows I always have to cheat the sheers on are the Independent Expressions ones- the frames bleed through.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 03:43:09 AM »
A new mesh for sheers would be wonderful, but maybe it would be better if it was not slaved, at least the fabric part. Since it's specifically for sheers, it would be better not having to wade through the non-sheer recolours. Just a thought.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 02:50:14 PM »
http://mounes-neighbourhood.110mb.com/LeMorvanKitchen4.html

I wonder if those curtains would work as sheers?  The only problem with not slaving, is that it would require several meshes because of width/height. :/  I'll think about it though as I start poking at the meshes.

jodavis

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 06:41:34 PM »
Fairy Witch has a few meshes for sheers you may be interested in, http://fairywitchsims.com/tag/curtains/

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal