Author Topic: VitaSims Royale Bedroom  (Read 5709 times)

Offline amythestfenix

VitaSims Royale Bedroom
« on: August 20, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »
I love this set from VitaSims, but it needed some work to be used in my game since it was created in 2007. I've changed the filenames, improved the textures as much as I could, made sure the TXMTs all matched, made repository what was possible, made all subsets possible recolorable, quarter-tile enabled, etc. The armchairs shown are actually in the living room set (coming soon) but the table (which is actually a bookcase!) needed something next to it. Lamps by the vanity are from the bathroom set. Also, the bed is shown in the pics with my matching coordinate items. I've made the original use Maxis bedding and made frame recolors that make the frame deco (blankets and pillows) invisible. There are recolors to make all the deco attached to the furniture invisible.

Standard Disclaimer- PLEASE READ:
These meshes are included for your convenience because so many sites are gone or vanish without warning. It's not intended to infringe on creator's rights in any way! I will link to the original creator's site and the original mesh if it is available and I know where it is!

These meshes are my working copies and they have probably been changed in some way! These recolors should work with the original meshes if you have them.

I change all filenames, so they won't overwrite and so I know how I revised the original. My standard changes are: TXMT (I like less shine and want all items of a type to match) and I usually enable transparency, make quarter-tile enabled, re-categorize, possibly price change or add shiftability, and change catalog description so the creator's name and item name are visible in game.

If you are a creator who is unhappy with this, please let me know and I will not post your meshes!

DL
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:50:25 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline CatherineTCJD

Re: VitaSims Royale Bedroom
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 07:02:51 PM »
Thank you sooooo much for these - and especially all the work you have done to the files!
(It's all stuff I would've had to do - or did, at one time, and would have to re-learn all over again!)
I've had to go without CC pretty much since 2008 - and I'm finally getting a computer that can handle more than 2.43gb of CC in a few weeks - and I can't wait to go find my old favorites and add them back to my mix  :D
I will be adding new/improved things (if I can find them) first, and then my old files later.
So... Thank YOU! These are even more gorgeous than I remember!
I will happily shred my old copies (if I ever find them again)  :love

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:25:17 PM »
Thank you for the nice compliments! There's not a lot of this style of furniture for Sims2 so I really wanted to be able to use it and I'm glad others want to have it as well :flowers

Offline altanna

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 09:52:00 PM »
I always loved this bedroom, but hated that I could not use my own favorite beddings here. If I can now, Eureka!!!!! I love what you've done here, and hope you've got some blue up your sleeve soon. I wish more rooms could use other beddins, such as the Serafina, which is a personal favorite of mine. Kat+++e. it's so good to find something new from you, especially as lovely as this. PS: you know I'm always looking for blue. Not afraid to admit it.   Deb   :love :hug :hug :hug
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:53:33 PM by altanna »

Offline MissReval

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 11:16:57 PM »
Awesome work! Thank you!

The following users thanked this post: greyhorse

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 04:28:02 AM »
Thank you, Heidi!

Deb, you are welcome to my Serafina Bed mesh, which uses maxis bedding. It has a small gap between the mattress and the frame, where I had to take out a small ruffle- I didn't like it and it was mapped on the single part of the bedding, so other bedding recolors wouldn't work with it there. You can see the gap on the first pic. I always use this bed ruffle with this bed (EarthGoddess Double Bed Ruffle) and it fills this gap as shown in pic 2. If you want the original Serafina beddings, I'll have to redo them to fit this bed.

DL

The following users thanked this post: greyhorse

Offline altanna

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 01:00:37 PM »
oh thanks Kate! (love how you showed me the bed with Blue Eden lol). This will come in so handy! I adore the bedroom. Course now I realuze there is a crib & chane table for it that limits bedding, Why do creators do that? Make a bed or crib that does not allow other beddings? I can actually think of a crib O like (not VS) but it only allows her beddings. Gosh I am ranting. Thanks for the bed!  Deb  :perfect10 :hug

Offline CatherineTCJD

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 02:12:30 PM »
OOoooo - I'ma gonna snag that one too! It's gorgeous!
And I remember having a LOT of bed ruffles - I'm pretty sure I have EarthGodess' ones...
Yay! Thank you  :love

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »
Thanks, Catherine!

Deb, in the case of the Serafina ones, they actually have details the Maxis ones don't so Maxis beddings couldn't be used. But I really don't like beds that don't use Maxis beddings, so if they can be made to use them, I try to make it so  :flowers

BTW, I'm not sure that I've posted my EarthGoddess BedRuffle recolors for all my beddings, so let me know if either of you need any.

Offline altanna

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »
Thanks a bunch! I love baby stuff, so have to have all of it I can find, and the Serafina bedroom is one of my favorites. I used your newest bedding replacements in my game, so if you have the EG ruffle for those, count me in!  Deb   :hug :hug :hug

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 04:39:08 PM »
I'll post them soon for you. My father passed away a couple of days ago, so I'm not quite on top of things just now.  :cry

The following users thanked this post: altanna

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 04:58:24 PM »
This set is amazing :likeit

I really love how you care about all the details, when you do recoloring

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal