Author Topic: Ygg Sofaset - slaved  (Read 22727 times)

Offline hokadk47

Ygg Sofaset - slaved
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:31:08 AM »
This is a very old set, but Mapat requested this and maybe others can use it as well.

Yggdrasil has created the original sofas, the armchair and the ottoman.
Orangemittens has created the loveseat.
All thanks goes to Yggdrasil and Orangemittens.

I have only slaved all the stuff - sofa allpillows is now the master mesh (included).The recolor is from All4Sims (oldbox, not included).
DL

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:47:54 PM by hokadk47 »

The following users thanked this post: Mapat, ElfPuddle

Offline Mapat

Re: Ygg Sofaset - slaved
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:06:04 PM »
These are tears of joy, I hear sweet music and you are wonderful !!! Thank you !!!!!

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »
You are welcome :love

Offline Mapat

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:05:05 PM »
While searching for new fabrics I came across this site  :OMG :drool
http://www.stoffogstil.no/Katalog/Bolig.aspx?group_id=4494

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
That's a very nice find, Mapat!

Offline Mapat

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:56:44 PM »
 :flowers  And one more........

http://www.jotex.no/
Oh no, my (rl) family are going to starv

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
Thank you so much for this, Helle! I can now remove huge numbers of files from my game, since I have so many recolors of this sofa set  :flowers

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:45:53 AM »
I haz a question: Is there any easy well to tell which recolors should be taken out if "sofa" is all that's in the name? Not all of them have "sofa allpillows".

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 06:27:35 AM »
I am afraid, no  :love There is a lot of naming confusion out there, so you can not even trust that sofa doesn't mean sofa with all pillows.

But try if they work - and if not, pick out the texture and use it for the Sofa all pillows. The all - more or less - use the same texture. I haven't remapped anything, just slaved.

Kind regards, Helle

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 01:40:20 PM »
Doesn't SimPE pick out orphans or something?  If you put just these meshes and recolors in your dl's folder it should speed up the sort in SimPE.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »
Well, thanks for the answers! I goofed up somewhere when I was guessing..let me tell you, it wasn't a pretty sight.  o.O I haven't seen so much blue in my life! (I could've sworn I got all the original meshes out of the folder.)

SimPE scans folders but I can't remember what all it does. Delphy's program didn't pick out anything as orphans. I just might have to throw them all in and delete from in game. Which I really hate to do.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 10:48:52 PM »
I'm having to redo some of mine so they work with "sofaallpillows" since that wasn't my preferred mesh and I didn't always recolor it. The ones I currently have posted here at S2A have been updated. I kept the original ottoman mesh also, as some of my recolors need it as they don't look the same slaved. I think it's worth it though. As I fix them, I'll put up what I've done for anyone that wants them.

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
... I just might have to throw them all in and delete from in game. Which I really hate to do.
Are you aware of Paladin's (SimWardrobe's) Categorizer? It has a function to select, grab and move all recolours of a selected mesh.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 03:22:04 AM »
I've used it but I didn't know you could do that. The things you learn, lol. I haven't gotten around to sorting them all out but I will soon. Thanks.   ;) (And I'll be sure to redownload Kate's recolors, too...I think some may have gotten lost while I was picking and choosing.)

Sunset Sim

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 11:23:11 PM »

Hi Helle,

First, I'm a huge fan of yours, and thank you so much for sharing what you have. I hope my questions doesn't sound as confused as I am about this. I tried to IM you about this but couldn't get that to work either.

Okay, here goes...

I took everything out of my Downloads folder except the CEP file, then to get a clean game, I deleted all the thumbnails in the Thumbnail folder, and the group and accessory cache.

Then I put in your files. However, "sofa allpillows is now the master mesh (included). The recolor is from All4Sims (oldbox, not included)."

I went to the All4Sims site but I don't know German. I managed to get around a bit, but could not find pictures of the pillows or file you referred. A direct link if that file is necessary would be helpful. I then ran the game without the "oldbox" file from All4Sims.

The items are flash blue in Buy Catalogue, but they don't flash when you place them in a lot. I noticed all the items are now nicely priced at $100, except the loveseat which is still $1700. I don't know if that was an oversight or not.

Now here's where I'm really confused. Somehow I thought and hoped my 100+ Jonesi Bed Blanket recolors would be useable for this furniture set. 

I closed the game, added my many Jonesi BB recolors, and restarted it. The sofa set was still flash blue in the catalogue.

I'll ask you this. If this set isn't slaved to the Jonesi BB,  since that's such a popular item with so much variety in solids and patterns, that having the sofa, loveseat, ottoman and pillows slaved to it would be fantastic. But if that's way too time-consuming, I understand.

Well, thanks again for everything.

Sunset

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal