Author Topic: Rugs - should be able to be placed Off Grid!!  (Read 33272 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Re: Rugs - should be able to be placed Off Grid!!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
No this should not have caused your game to load that slowly.  Did it ever load with this in?

Try putting these in with nothing else to see if it will then load.  Just don't open any saved lots with cc.  It is possible that I've got a resource somewhere incorrect, there are over 500 of them in the packages. :/  I've tested both the all one and the one will all individually, but I have all EPs so I can't fully test every game configuration.

hannie18

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 06:30:46 AM »
 :likeit :OMG  :thumbup

I never understood why these d**n rugs were looking so strange in my game... now I know and you solved it! Thanks so much!!!

animefemme69

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 11:34:03 AM »
Thank you kindly, HL.  :flowers I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Very rarely do I use mods unless they're as useful as this one.

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 03:38:55 PM »
 :OMG :perfect10: :perfect10:

aelflaed

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 02:45:42 AM »
This is great!

I took out Goggalor's M&G fix before adding yours, and don't seem to have installed Gwenke's hiders.

BUT, all the Maxis rugs I tried are behaving a bit oddly. They look shadowed (all over, not in patches like they have always done), and one of them even goes invisible in stages, apparently depending on the angle of observation. The invisible one is the one with fringing (I think there is only one).

Is anyone else seeing this? It's possible I've overlooked some other hack that is conflicting, but before I do the whole search-and-destroy...is it just me?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
If they are dark and shadowed, then double check the DL folder file is in the downloads folder.  It needs to also load after the GMND CEP file since that makes the sports (and maybe others) rug recolorable.  Without the change to the TXMT most early rugs would be dark.

I can't imagine any hack/mod besides Gwen's that would conflict since the files have OBJD, TXMT, and a couple MMATs.  Try them in your downloads folder/game bin by themselves to see if it works then.  And let me know which version you downloaded.

aelflaed

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »
Sorry, Lunie, got distracted.

It's in the Downloads folder, (still in Quarantine). The CEP file is loose under Downloads, so I think the Quarantine folder contents would be loading after it.

I'll try the rug fixes on their own just to make sure.

Oh, and I downloaded the mixed-EPs set, because I don't have all the stuffpacks.

EDIT - still the same. I left just your DL package in the Downloads, the other part of your file should be still in the Bins. Then I
loaded Strangetown and tested a couple of rugs in the Specter house. The rugs looked fine indoors - off-grid and diagonal, live and buy mode. On the paving outside, though, the same as before - it was outside that I tried them the first time too.
Hopefully, here's a picture: http://www.mediafire.com/?jytguzdjmwm

Depending where the camera is, the fringed rug disappears completely (in stages). So it isn't floortiles that make it work, as there are floortiles on the gorund in that picture. But it does seem to be an outdoorsy problem. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:03:35 AM by aelflaed »

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
Aelflaed, I'm not sure the loose CEP files load before the stuff in any subfolder. It might be worth a try to but them in a subfolder that loads after Quarantine. Just an idea.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 01:49:47 PM »
I just checked the individual files also in game, specifically for checking outdoors and floor tiles.  My original testing did involve placing one outside and inside since the lighting in the TMXT affects indoors only.

But after seeing your pic, I think it is the lighting mod you have.  I had one once, thought the lighting was cool.  But some objects would go black indoors, like my toddler blanket.

I think the the outdoor lighting is done using the mesh, and in the case of rugs they have two.  Not positive why they felt the need to use a second one but they did.  One is the normal shaped rug and the second is flat and square/rectangular.  This second one I think is causing that.

I'm working on trying to find another oddity with these, any rug recolor as a shape other than the original is only showing the original shape - cutting off the rest of the recolor.  It is somehow  connected to that second mesh as well,.

aelflaed

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »
Yes, I suppose the lighting mod could be responsible. Haven't noticed any problem with things going black indoors though - must be a different one than you had. I do use the toddler blankets.

It's not so easy to remove the lighting mod for testing - I think I'd have to ferret out instructions. Also, I haven't yet tried Gwenke's suggestion to subfolder the CEP. Shall I do those things? Would it be helpful?

Offline cow_tools

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 04:50:07 AM »
I'm having a slight problem with this fix. An_na's Bathtime! recolors of the Nightlife Unbridled Rug are rectangular. The actual rug itself is oval. I'm not sure with what witchcraft she accomplished this, but it breaks after I install your fix. All the Unbridled Rug recolors are now oval-shaped. Any idea how to return her rugs to all their rectangular glory? I've tried myself, but haven't gotten very far.

If you can't, or are too busy, don't worry about it! It's just a small glitch. I really appreciate all your Sims 2 stuff. Thank you!

EDIT: If it helps, you'd think An_na's Bathroommate Footrug recolors would have the same issue... but they don't! Original rug has curved corners; An_na's recolors have straight edges, not broken! I'm stumped as to why, though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:09:38 AM by cow_tools »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal