Author Topic: Maxis Art Nouveau Recolorable Modular Stairs  (Read 17546 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Maxis Art Nouveau Recolorable Modular Stairs
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:15:08 AM »
Maxis Art Nouveau Modular Stairs from the Base Game now made recolorable.  I like the style of these stairs, but they match almost nothing!  So I have made them recolorable, and have included one black/metal recolor.  Includes a fence and gate.  The fence is a new clone (only way to recolor fences) but the original mesh is by nihilin at MTS as well as the gate mesh.  You must have the gate mesh if you want my black gate recolor!! The fence by nihilin is optional.

*All should be base game compatible

To make the gate lockable with OFB or higher, see here.

ETA:  Forgot to mention that these allow pass through underneath the portal step.  A door can be placed in the first position (the highest) and be useable by sims.  Thanks to LordDarcy for the info on how to do that.

ZIP includes:
  • Stair mesh which will override (not overwrite) the original
  • Fence mesh/recolor in black
  • Gate recolor in black
  • Template recolor - will show clown colors if placed in downloads folder

Installation:
Place in your downloads folder.  No script required since these will override the originals.  These should not package with a lot but recolors will.

To Use:
  • Place stairs normally
  • Use Recolor tool to recolor individual stairs - if having difficulty with 2nd step, go down one floor.

Stairs shown in black color

And Matches the fence in AL or M&G (not sure which)

Matching Fence

The Clown Template color :)

DL
Layered PSD Template

Credits:  Numenor for the original concept of recolorable modular stairs and nihilin for the fence and gate mesh.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:08:22 PM by HugeLunatic »

BlueSoup

Re: Maxis Art Nouveau Recolorable Modular Stairs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 05:27:13 AM »
Oooh this is many types of awesome!  I love the colours you've done there, that looks really good :)

Dinad2610

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:23:11 AM »
 :happy: This is AWESOME Lunie!!! :happy:

:perfect10:perfect10:perfect10:

rgdyanne

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »
OOOO, YAY!!! This is wonderful Lunie!  :clap :clap

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
This is fantastic!  :hug: I've always loved these stairs, but never got around to making recolors since doing scripts was a pain and limited the amount of people who would actually use them. Are you doing more recolors? I don't want to repeat anything you already WANT to do, but I'm happy to help recolor so you (all of you, actually) can spend more time making great stuffies for the rest of us  :wub

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 04:36:12 PM »
Thanks everyone!

And no Kate, I don't plan on any other colors, you have fun! :)  This is the one I really wanted.  And I bet colors to match some of M&G windows would work well too.  And I am not fond of scripts either, I love recolorable stairs even though if you use a full height it takes a bit to recolor.

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »
Thanks Lunie!!!!!!!

:realbighug:   :perfect10:
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

aussiegirl

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
These are great, Thank You!!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:01 AM »
In case you haven't seen this, Lunie: recolors of these stairs from MTS2:
http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=328784

I haven't looked at them in game yet.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 03:09:02 AM »
awe, I forgot to check them out when I was in game!  lol  Thanks though!

It was actually cool, I got sent a pm from staff that I had a recolor using one of my meshes.  It's automated, but still really cool.  At first I freaked a little, cause when you get a pm from staff it has a different marking.  And he was really nice and pm'd me to ask permission to upload.

I have open underneath ones, and they work.  With the open spot for the door and everything.  But not when used with a stage.  Tis frustrating me.  I want it to work with the stages.

gayle_afcb

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »
Wow there's hundreds of colours there  :happy: :happy:

Cynarra

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:44 AM »
Those are nice!  I love these stairs, but need to have matching gates and fences.  Didn't someone on MTS2 make a nouveau matching fence that could be recolored to match these?

oh can someone make the fences match those recolors done of these stairs?  OOOOOh how about a matching gate using same textures?  LOL!

Thanks for making these Lunie!  They are fabulous!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:13:13 AM by Cynarra »

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 03:37:26 AM »
The download contains the fence and the gate to match the stairs recolor.  And in the first post I linked the gate and fence to match the original.

Cynarra

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 07:32:53 PM »
The download contains the fence and the gate to match the stairs recolor.  And in the first post I linked the gate and fence to match the original.

Awesome!  I already had those meshes and somehow missed that in your post!

Yagami

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »
is there any way you could possibly update the gate??....cos normally gates and stuff are clickable (to allow guests etc - no can't remember which EP that came with - might have been OFB)....but this gate isn't (or I fail at life and can't find where to click)....which is a shame cos I really like it....but I also kinda like to keep the wolf and unwanted "school friend(s)" off my sim's garden and on the street :yes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal