Author Topic: Rugs - should be able to be placed Off Grid!!  (Read 33271 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

Rugs - should be able to be placed Off Grid!!
« on: April 16, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »
 :here Update!! December 15, 1018
Fixed Instance numbers for the resources so they no longer override original CEP resources added in the CEP by Numenor.

Ok so when my #1 Stalker Fan requests something, plus shows me a package that is behaving as requested.  Well let's just say no way can I refuse that!

This mod will make each rug from all EPs and SPs be able to be placed off grid using snapobjectstogrid false, the M&G quartertile placement cheat, or on a diagonal. Rugs will now not sink into the floor when placed. They also will not have odd lighting when placed off grid.

I have also taken the FT rug and combined all the sports related ones into the EA Sports Baseball Rug and hiding the other four sports related ones. I figured I might as well do this since this mod will interfere with that hider mod one anyway.

These are not all the rugs, there are so many so I did not take pics of all of them.  So time for some Image Spam TM.  Apologies to those with dial-up.   :p

Conflicts:
This will conflict with any type of recategorizing or hider mods for rugs, specifically the one by Gwenke.  You also no longer need the fix for the M&G rug by Goggalor at MATY.

Known Issues:
For any rug recolors from NL, OFB, and maybe SSN, the recolors will be very dark.  Those need to be fixed.  Any future recolors after placing this mod should be fine.

Installation:
There are two types of files, one has xxBin.package and one has xxDL.package.

Place the xxBin.package in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\LatestEP\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

Place the xxDL.package in your downloads folder

:here: There are two packages - Please don't download both!!

If you have all EPs and SPs then you want this one:
DOWNLOAD

Otherwise you want this one, and delete any EP/SP you don't have:
DOWNLOAD

Credits:  Someone named Lash who's file was missing the BHAVs so that I knew the solution was not there.  Echo for her rug clone which I have been poring over forever.  And Goggalor at MATY for searching the dusty recesses of the brain trying to remember what was changed in the M&G rug fix.  Which I was trying to reverse engineer.

:here: I have already fixed the store rugs as well as the shaggy recolors by Holy Simoly

Fixed Store Rugs
Fixed Holy Simoly Shaggy Rugs

How to fix rugs to work with this mod
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:15:11 PM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: shastakiss, Michelle, ElfPuddle

Offline amythestfenix

Re: Rugs - should be able to be placed Off Grid!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:52 PM »
 :OMG This really is one of the most awesome and useful fixes ever! It makes all these rugs actually useful instead of just hogging the catalog. Thanks so much for all the work you've done on this  :hug:

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:45:18 PM »
SCORE!!!!   :perfect10:

:likeit

ty  ty  ty  ty  ty
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline hokadk47

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »
 :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

rgdyanne

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:59:03 PM »
Lunie FTW! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10:

Cynarra

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 04:31:21 AM »
This is awesome, can I be a stalker I mean fan too?   lol

Oh, do I need to delete the MG rug fix?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:43:37 AM »
Yes!  Thanks for reminding me. :)

aelflaed

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
hooray! What a fantastic mod.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
I've updated the first post with the store rugs I fixed, the Holy Simoly shaggy rugs, plus a link on how to fix any recolors that are dark.

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 05:24:20 PM »
Dead. I am dead. Dead dead dead. And I died happy! Euphoric actually :D The mortician couldn't get the smile off my face, so there I was at the funeral lying in my coffin with the OMG LUNIE FIXED THE RUGS grin on my face :D
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for fixing these, and for fixing them more than I dreamed they could be fixed :love :love :love
(Don't worry, I'm singing songs from Aladdin too)

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 06:15:01 PM »
:rofl:

Your welcome.  The mapping for the ssn rug seems to fine now too.   And the environment thing is still on my list, I deleted something I shouldn't have and bad things happened. :D

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
I never thought this would be fixed. This is wonderful. Thank you!
BTW, did you happen to discover what makes things compatible with the quartertiles cheat?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
Not yet, but the field in the OBJD set to 4 is part of it.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 11:48:28 PM »
*wants to be as awesome as HL when she grows up*  :laugh: Thanks for this- I'll have to come back in a few (on limited internet time at the moment) days and get this..then see what's what in game when it comes to the gazillion recolors I have.

animefemme69

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 05:29:05 PM »
It's quite possible that I'm a moron, but after dropping the files into the specified folders (only the ones for my specific EPs), my game has taken an hour to load and still counting. Is this normal? I'm inclined to think I personally screwed something up as this mod is AWESOMENESS.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal