Author Topic: About me  (Read 22479 times)

Offline Moune

About me
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
My first Sims game was a pirate copy of the original Sims 1 base game that I bought for 3 dollars at a market in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I took it back to Denmark with me, played it for a couple of days, then bolted down to the local computer store and bought an authorized version AND the first EP for half a fortune. The game was simply so good that I had to have the official version.  :))

That was in March 2001 and I have been a regular in the Sims community ever since - both in various forums and as a hopeless downloadaholic. I do take my breaks from time to time - either because of real life strains or because I temporarily run out of Sims enthusiasm. But I can't imagine ever giving up the simming world for good. I love the game, the proces of creating for it, and the interactions in the community.

My Sims game is The Sims 2. I was hooked on The Sims 1, but The Sims 2 is just infinitely more exciting to me, what with DNA, 3D view and many more things. The Sims 3, however, is not for me. I think the sims are ugly - even with custom sliders and whatnot - and the proces of creating for the game sounds much too cumbersome for my liking.

Which is why I will remain a staunch Sims 2 creator. I've had my own site, Moune's Neighbourhood, for several years, and since I am an incurable object freak, it contains mostly Buy and Build Mode stuff. At the moment, however, it is offline due to an alleged server crash. Fortunately HugeLunatic has accepted me as a guest artist here at Sims2Artists, so my stuff now has a fine new home. ( :flowers <--- to HL)

At the moment I'm mostly in the proces of renovating and remaking all my older creations (repository is the key word here), but I do also have entirely new creations on the drawing board, so you can expect to see a little of both. It will be little while before I can get all my newer and/or renovated sets posted here, but if somebody needs a certain item, let me know and I'll try to post it as quickly as possible.

Finally, I want to say that I am really very thrilled about being here. I have frequented Sims2Artists as a quietly lurking downloader for quite some time, and I look forward to being able to contribute to what is already a very good site. Not to mention, that it is always a pleasure to be in such good company.   :)  :)

PS I should probably just mention that I also have some uploads at MTS. They will stay where they are. What you'll find here is everything that would have been uploaded to my own site.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:44:08 PM by Moune »

Offline Mapat

Re: About me
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
Oh yes yes yes.......WELCOME................(well, I am just a regular downloader here but that does not mean I can`t see something good coming along now does it ? )

:welcome2
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 09:30:45 PM by Mapat »

Offline Dominie

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:45:02 PM »
Welcome Moune!

I had no clue that your site was down!  I haven't been there in a while but you have always been one of my favorite creators.  Your Le Morvan Kitchen is one of the few kitchen sets in my game.  I made a Cambodian home (well, what I could imagine to be one...) for a contest and knew to go to your site for downloads.  Going to thank you now for all the wonderful creations you have shared with us sims2 nuts.

But all that aside, it's so wonderful you have found a home here.  I am new myself..been a silent downloader for a long time, finally signed up not too long ago, yet to make friends. 

Offline Moune

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »
Thank you very much for such a lovely welcome.  :)

I'm afraid it's still a bit empty here for the moment, but I'm working hard on getting everything posted. Hopefully all the Le Morvan sets will be next.

Dominie, is there somewhere I can see that Cambodian home? I'd really like to. Not only because you've used my stuff in it, but also because I used to live in Cambodia for several years and still have a good part of my heart lying around out there. And don't worry about if it doesn't look exactly like an authentic Cambodian home. I'd still very much like to see how you imagine one.

Offline Issy

• Perpetually perplexed
  • Staff Artist
  • I may be inconsistent, but not all the time.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
Well, this serves me right for not coming here often enough anymore! Moune what a wonderful surprise to find you here, I have been a great fan of all your creations for a long time,and it is indeed a great thing to have you at Sims2Artists!

Welcome welcome welcome!!!!!
Resident SimsDesignAvenue Addict

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

Offline altanna

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:27:17 AM »
Though not a creator myself, I consider myself a creator-supporter and old time cheerleader -- right Issy?

Moune, I can't think of a better place for you to be where you will be cherished and appreciated!!!!

Deb :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Offline Moune

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 10:21:42 PM »
Once more: Thank you very, very much.    :)

I've got to say you all make it exceptionally easy to feel at home here. I'm actually beginning to be rather grateful that my site went down and gave me the opportunity to move here ...  :hug

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 03:24:03 AM »
You + here = great idea :wub So glad to see you here!
:welcome1

Offline Lisfyre

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 03:51:08 PM »
Welcome Moune !!  I know I don't play Sims 2 anymore but I love your stuff and I still occasionally download items for Sims 2... just in case I go back to playing it again :)   You're gonna love it here!!
"Life is short -- insecurity is a waste of time."  - Diane von Furstenberg

"You don't get out of life alive"  Jimmy the Hand

The battle of the sexes will never be won.  We keep fraternizing with the enemy.

Offline Dominie

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »
Hi Moune, I just now seen where you said you would like to see the Cambodian home I made...  here it is...

http://www.sim-oasis.com/forums/index.php?topic=2399.30;msg=60981

:)

Offline Moune

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 08:53:58 PM »
My goodness, Dominie, that is an absolutely fabulous house!  :omg

I'm not saying that because you used a lof of my stuff, but because this is quite simply the kind of house I would most love to live in. The colour schemes, the style, the landscaping ... everything. I love it! And this is exactly the environment always I envisage for my creations. Not that they can't be used in many other ways, but this is just exactly the way I see them myself.

And - lest I forget - that house could easily exist in real life Cambodia. I can almost feel the tropical humidity and smell the frangipani flowers when looking at those beautiful, lush surroundings.

You really did a terrific job with that house. Thank you very much for showing it!

:perfect10  :perfect10  :perfect10

Offline Dominie

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:47:46 PM »
Yw..and ty!  I hadn't imagined I would get such a wonderful reaction.  It makes my day you love it so much. I am really glad to hear that what I imagined with my research was so true to form. :)  Sadly, I lost the lot..but my daughter loved it so much I plan on recreating it for her.  I had placed every single dl I used for it in a folder and I have that. :)

Offline Moune

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 12:07:44 AM »
Dominie, I really hope you can recreate that lot. It definitely deserves it.   :love

And honestly, if you can make a cc free version, you should really think of uploading it somewhere. I initally thought of asking you to put the whole thing up for upload, but then I thought of all the hassles of checking if each and every creator accepts their stuff uploaded with lots (which I personally don't understand the reason for). On the other hand I'd definitely still download it cc free, for the building and landscaping alone, because it's so well thought out and done.

Well, think about it anyway.  :)

And in the meantime, I do have to ask you where you got the hanging chairs on the porch, the stilts and the outside timber walls. I'd very much like to pick those up  ;)

Offline Dominie

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 11:50:39 PM »
 :thx   I got pretty excited this afternoon...discovered inside the Cambodian dl folder the packaged lot.  I was like 'wow', I really thought I had forgotten to package it before I deleted the game it was built in.  Anyways, I spawned a new vanilla game and opened it up to discover a horror.  The lot had somehow become extremely corrupt in the game I had created it in.  I have never experienced anything like it before...it's really really awful.  I should share pics.. 

Anyways, the terrain looks wonderful on the lot..so..it can help me with a visual when I am ready to redo. :)

About the WCIFs, here they are:

The hanging chairs

The stilts

The walls..which strangely pictured here say they are wall 2...yet in my game they say wall 3...

A friend of mine made the matching floors to the wall set.

Anything else, just let me know..I am happy to help.

Offline Moune

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »
You're a star, Dominie! Thank you very much!  :blowkiss

I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of the corrupted lot. Not to point and laugh, but just because it never seizes to amaze me what this game can do to things on its own.  :))

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal