Author Topic: Magnolia tree  (Read 13715 times)

Offline Gwenke

Magnolia tree
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:06:42 PM »
Here is a new version of the magnolia tree originally made by Maxis and brought to us by Callum91 and Numenor in a non-seasonal version which required Family Fun Stuff.
My version requires Seasons but not the stuff pack and has a new GUID. It correctly changes with the seasons and drops leaves in the autumn. I re-worked the mesh to give it more and larger flowers than the original had, but they are still sort of few and small, so I might do another version later.

This tree is based on Bienchen's template, for which I'm very grateful. I've made quite a few changes, though, so feel free to clone this tree to make your own seasons-friendly trees - it should be easier now.
No files from Numenor's tree were actually used, but the file names were very helpful in finding the mesh and some textures in the game files.

The tree comes with three recolours and is found in Build/Plants/Trees for 165 simoleons. The mesh has 4538 faces and 4348 vertices.

Download magnolia tree

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:23:50 AM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD, Duine, aelflaed

Offline RKetex

Re: Magnolia tree
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
 :likeit Your trees are awesome! Thanks for this latest one  :hug

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:36:19 PM »
Thanks so much for this! I love all your trees  :wub

Real life has been really busy lately and I haven't had time to find out just why my game keeps crashing so I haven't been around as much lately. I'll be working on the jacaranda when I get the chance and I'll be using Nengi65's Lisa tree for the mesh. She's already got a bigger John's tree as well.

Offline mustluvcatz

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »
Yes, yes, yes!! This is my favorite of the 'lost and found' trees!! Thank you, thank you, thank you. No, I'm not at all excited about this tree.

Offline wawa180859

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:37:41 AM »
 :perfect10 :perfect10 :thx

Thanks for making these.  My landscaping becomes better and better the more you give.  :wub

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal