Author Topic: Family Fun nighties for BG  (Read 15038 times)

Offline Gwenke

Family Fun nighties for BG
« on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:19 PM »
Stevie at GOS requested that someone make available the PJs and the nightgown that came with Family Fun Stuff for the base game, so here they are.

Original meshes, original colours. The nightgown is for girls only, the PJ with the paws is unisex except the pink one, which is only for girls. I wondered about the shoe sound a little, then went with 'barefoot'. Files are clearly named and compressed in SimPE.
These are custom meshes - recolours for the FF ones will not work with these.

Enjoy.

Download

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:03:02 PM by Gwenke »

Offline shastakiss

Re: Family Fun nighties for BG
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »
I wondered about the shoe sound a little, then went with 'barefoot'.
tehehe 'bearfoot'
These are the only outfits I would miss if I didn't have FFS so it's nice of you to make them base-game!

Offline makabaer

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
Thank you so much :-)) Always wanted to have these!  :likeit

Offline makabaer

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
Um, if I may ask something - do you by any chance have the holiday stuff pack too? And know how to extract meshes from there? And would maybe consider doing a little request for me? Pretty, pretty please??? :flowers
I really am not into that stuff pack and don't want to buy it for just a couple of things - namely the big beards and the father time coats. I LOVE those. Is there any chance you might do them sometime?

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 01:21:01 AM »
Do you mean the big red overcoat that Santa Claus wears or the monk-like outfit that Father Time wears? I think I can do these pretty quickly.
Also, if you mean that big red thing, what about sizing down the boots and pants to something more human-sized? Or do you want it as it is in the game?
I will also try the beards but that might take longer as I'm not familiar with making beards.
Here's how the outfits look:

Offline makabaer

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:46 AM »
Oh my god, you're serious? You're really going to do them?? I just can't believe my luck!! You have holiday pack and really are considering these, I'm SO happy!!!  :D :flowers :wub :love lalala :woot

Okay, I'm trying to calm down ;-)

Actually I meant none of the pictured clothing but looking at it, I would really like those too  tehehe .... And the boots would look better sized down!

But what I was talking about is the fur coat, I thought it was from Father Time also. Would be fantastic medieval outerwear for adults and elder.
I'll try to find a picture... found it! Look here please: http://www.simtimes.de/screens/weihnachtszeit_accessoires/032.jpg
(Not talking about the cap of course ;-)

Oh, I'm so happy, happy, happy :-))

Edit: about the beards - maybe this will help: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4548.0.html It is a fixed mesh for the REALLY long beard (but draws textures from the holiday pack so I can't use it.)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 11:28:11 AM by makabaer »

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 11:22:03 PM »
I'm afraid I don't have the coat you are looking for. There were two holiday packs, 2005 and 2006, with only a few differences. I have the 2005 version and I've looked through its file and cannot see anything resembling that coat. I you can get someone extract the mesh and texture form their game, though, I'm happy to do the rest.
I will do the red coat and the 'monk' outfit, and probably the beards, too, in a little while. Feel free to poke me if I appear to have forgotton, though.
Does the German site where you got the coat picture from perhaps have it as an accessory? (Is the pic for Sims2 at all?) If yes, I could work with that mesh as well.

Offline makabaer

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
*sigh* I already suspected I wouldn't get THAT lucky....

About your question - um, as an accessory? What does that mean?
Yes, the pic is for Sims2, it's one of the official screen shots for the holiday stuff pack (I think) - it's from this site:
http://www.simtimes.de/diesims2/mini-addons/weihnachtszeit-accessoires/

What a shame you don't have it... but that monk-like clothing is so wonderful too! I'm still happy :-)

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that it's this outfit, which I'd thought I'd seen extracted somewhere in the medieval community, but a quick search didn't find it. As you can see, I have it in my game and would be happy to extract it for you if I knew how. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

Offline makabaer

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 02:41:53 PM »
Oh, that would be so wonderful!!
I asked at the Plumbbob forum but they don't have it as it seems. I haven't found it yet if it ever got extracted.

I'm sorry I can't help with any tutorials or advice, I never got around creating anything (apart from some very few recolors done with bodyshop) but I guess Gwenke knows?

In any case I'm so grateful you two are considering to do this, thank you so much in advance (even if it might not happen in the end - the good will counts ;-))!!  :blowkiss

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 09:38:57 PM »
Kate, thank you for coming to our rescue!

If your holiday pack is installed the same way that mine is, the best way to get the resources is to open the game files directly. For me it's called H05.bundle.package and is in Programmes/TheSims2/TSData/Res/Catalog/Bins.

1. Open your corresponding file in SimPE and select the LIFO resources in the Resource Tree on the left. In the window on the right, find the three colour files which I think should be called something like amBodySanta_green/white/red and end in 0_lifo (not 1_lifo) - you'll probably recognise them. Right-click on each image in the lower right window and Export.

2. Then select the GMDCs in the Resource tree and in the window on the right find the similarly named GMDC resource (probably something like amBodySanta_tslocator_gmdc). Right-click on the file name in the upper right window and Extract. (If there are two similarly named GMDCs, please choose the one which does not have LOD in its name).

You should get 5 files (3 .pngs, 1 .simpe and 1.xml) - those are the ones I need.
Thanks again!

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 01:01:40 AM »
I hope I did this right! I ended up with 5 files, but no .simpe- 3 PNG, 1 XML, and 1 5GD (which I hope is the simpe one)  :flowers

amBodySantaEuropean files
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:03:12 AM by amythestfenix »

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 01:19:11 AM »
Thank you, that's perfect. (The naming difference is due to how our computers handle file names with a dot in them, but fortunately Milkshape can use either so it's fine.)

Offline makabaer

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »
Wow, you're quick! Thank you so much from me too, amythestfenix!!  :grouphug

Offline Gwenke

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »
makabaer, would you test if the attached files show up for you, please? There should be 2 styles of beards (Santa and FatherTime), each should have an AM recolour that only shows up for red hair and an AM+EM gray recolour that should show up for all hair colours.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal