Author Topic: Project Discussion  (Read 34128 times)

Offline hafiseazale

Re: Project Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2013, 03:12:22 AM »
Kiri, I kind of figured that but you know hotmail is a little picky. I'll be waiting on the next link. I think I've had about enough of mudbox today.  (You really should download Shasta's entire blog. It's amazing! hehehe)

Kate, real life comes before the internet! Wait? What? Okay, all kidding aside taking care of real life stuff is more important than anything else.

Offline celebkiriedhel

• CEO of Procrastinators Anonymous
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2013, 11:11:37 AM »
Sarah - It's now sent. I hope hotmail lets you have it! :D

I've really only started playing again since the beginning of last year, so a lot of the new blogs have popped up that I still have as yet to download.

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2013, 03:34:43 PM »
Hey! I finished all my textures  :woot
And I failed completely at the TXMT part :/

The screenshot is one of Kate's defaults using Jonesi's blanket, could someone tell me exactly which lines need changing in my files?

Also, Kate, did you have a method or did you just go through each individual TXMT resource changing whichever lines needed changing?

Also, lighting!
what about glass (ie the Moroccan table lamp)? What base should we use for that TXMT?

What do I do if a lamp has a lit TXMT and an unlit TXMT? A lot of bg lamps don't have lit and unlit textures, so does that mean the TXMT is what makes the lamp look "lit" in game?
Should we just choose the Moroccan table lamp glass as our base for all other glass since it already has a lit and unlit TXMT we can refer to if any other glass lamps require lit and unlit TXMTs? Also should we chose a metal "base" that came with lit and unlit TXMTs too?

Obviously unlit would use our bases: Jonesi's blanket for fabric shades, and bb's basic counter for woods, but what do I for a lit fabric shade or a lit wood base?

I thought I'd just brave my way through it and not worry too much about lit and unlit TXMT stuff but I really got confused. :idk

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2013, 07:22:40 AM »
The ones I've been changing to make them match:

deprecatedStdMatInvDiffuseCoeffMultiplier
reflectivity

stdMatCoeff

stdMatSpecCoeff
stdMatSpecPower

I've just changed them by hand, and haven't bothered with anything else.

I think using the moroccan lighting lit/unlit works.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:24:00 AM by celebkiriedhel »

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 06:34:32 PM »
There's a really easy way to make sure the TXMTs match.
First, some prep work:

You open the file of the object that has the TXMT you want- let's say jonesi's blanket.

R-click on the TXMT line and extract to a folder- I named mine TXMTjonesiblanket

You will be using this file to Replace the TXMT in the file of the object you want to have match.

Now open the file of the object you want to match: here I'm using the default file for the colonial sofa:

Click on the TXMT that you want to match (in this case I've clicked on the first of the fabric TXMTs- bluesilkpattern)

Go down to the plug-in view and highlight the file name. Copy it to a wordpad/ notepad document, because you will need it later.

Now (still in the plug-in view) go down and highlight the stdMatBaseTextureName and copy it to the wordpad doc.

(This also shows a line for cMaterialDefinition- however, this is always the same as the filename without _TXMT added, so you really don't have to copy it separately).

You are now ready to replace the original TXMT.

Go back up to the top and R-click on the TXMT for bluesilksilkpattern and choose REPLACE.

You will be asked what you want to replace it with, and you will open the jonesiblanket TXMT folder you previously made (or any other TXMT you want to match) and click on the XML.

This box will show up and you will click yes.

Now all you need to do is rename some things. If you do them in this order, it saves having to re-copy and paste multiple times, but they can actually be replaced in any order.

First, since the properties tab is already open, go down to the stdMaterialBaseTextureName and click on it. It will currently show the info from jonesi's blanket. Paste in the original name from your wordpad doc. COMMIT.

Now, click on the FileList tab. Click on the name in the large left-hand box and it will appear under Filename:. Paste in the same stdMaterialBaseTextureName.

Now, look under Blocklist, at the filename line there. Copy the original filename from your wordpad doc and paste it over the jonesi one. COMMIT.

Click on the cMaterialDefinition tab. Highlight where it says Definition, and paste in the original filename and backspace to erase the _TXMT. COMMIT and save the file.

You have now succesfully replaced the old TXMT with one that will perfectly match that of the object you wanted, in this case- jonesi's blanket.  

Let me know if this is too confusing and I will try to find time to do a proper tutorial  :)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 06:39:51 PM by amythestfenix »

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »
Oh thank you both for the help! :blowkiss
I did do some export / import stuff but it doesn't work for for everything even though I was careful about keeping the right stdMatBaseTextureName. Anything with a see-thru texture (the Moroccan sofa with the lattice wood for example) turns black if something gets changed, I'll be much more careful for batch no. 2 and hopefully I can figure out what that mystery something is fairly quickly.

And Kate, I know you're a little swamped right now so screenshots with detailed instructions, so nice of you to take the time to make them :blush

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2013, 08:56:56 AM »
If you change it from blendmode:none to blendmode: blend? I think that will fix the black issue. (check the txmt before you change it).

Also - you need to be careful using Kate's methods for objects that are not the same as the deco - eg. Fence, doors, etc - because they have extra variables that the deco objects don't have. It's just a matter of double checking the variables before replacing it.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »
Kiri's right about the extra variables, you should definitely check first. It's usually best to pick an object that is similar to the one you are using. For example,  I use jonesi's blanket for fabric, and just for fabric. I use buggybooz's clean kitchen counter for wood furniture and objects. Both of those have been quite satisfactory for most items.

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2013, 01:25:49 PM »
Hi hi, I vanished because I was working on my medieval neighborhood. Sorry about that. I am working on the other stuff, I promise.

Shasta, with things like the moroccan sofa and using Kate's method you will have to change one extra line. The line is stdMatAlphaTestEnabled. You'll want to change that from 0 to 1. This allows the game to recognize that it has see through parts. If you look on the moroccan sofa before you pull in the other TXMT file you'll notice that that line has a 1 instead of a 0. Anything that has see through bits must have this line changed or it'll look a bit wonky in game.

I mostly do mine Kiri's way and haven't had any problems so far. Plus, it also keeps the lines that you are not changing in the original state so you don't have to figure out where you went wrong when something comes out blocky or black looking.

Offline amythestfenix

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2013, 09:30:05 PM »
I forgot to mention that my jonesi blanket TXMT, etc. have already been changed to have stdMatAlphaTestEnabled set to 1.  :blush I change that on so many meshes, I hardly remember that they weren't originally set that way.

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Kiri, I hope you got the mail I sent. The forum wouldn't let me post earlier so I hope it does now. I think I did everything right, if not let me know.

Offline celebkiriedhel

« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2013, 05:26:50 AM »
Hi Sarah - It came in last night, but I only got to see it this afternoon. Been doing some real-life Ikea object-making  :))

Half way through making a TARVA dresser, and made 2 BILLY bookcases for the bedroom. Also hung a curtain between the bedroom and bathroom (no door), and a new shower curtain that has lots of colours and fishes! :D

Not ready to recolour the TARVA yet - I wish it was as easy to recolour as it is in the sims!

(Getting ready for my sister to visit - first time in over a decade).

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2013, 02:47:20 PM »
Okay I just wanted to apologize for not getting the Moroccan collection done yet! I'm sorry I've been so tardy with this :blush I really have done the hard part (textures) and I have a list of all the tweaks I need to make to get everything done! And after cij stuff, this will be my next thing to finish. I know there's no deadline and y'all are very relaxed about the project but I'm excited and ready to finish my part, this is such a great idea and everybody involved is so nice :)
August will see the Moroccan collection!

Offline shastakiss

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2013, 09:22:16 PM »
bump!
I pm'd Kate with the Moroccan collection buy defaults and recolors, I'm sorry it took so long :blush

For lighting (glass and fabric shades) the color priorities I used were:
snow
inkwash
toffee
twilight / burnt almond (one particular fabric shade had two-tones)
asparagus

For metal:
kate's pewter
yeti cast iron
yeti old brass

I think I read for build objects we want white wood as priority one? Please let me know what priorities 2-6 are and I'll get started on the Moroccan build mode. Gah I hope I don't take as long on these as I did for buy mode  o.O

Offline hafiseazale

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 12:55:21 AM »
My turn to bump!

I pm'd Kate with the Art Nouveau set. I wasn't sure if I was meant to touch build or not so I left it alone.

I hope I got everything sorted right. I'm sorry it took me so long get it done. I guess I get sidetracked easily.  :wacko

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal