Author Topic: AL - Werknothon Door Single  (Read 14227 times)

Offline HugeLunatic

AL - Werknothon Door Single
« on: September 30, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
A WCIF that I .... well was confused when posting and was thinking Request.   :;  

This is two one tile doors to match the AL Werknothom Door.  There are two since this has a very distinct front/back view and required a set of reversed doors.  I didn't do the door locks side as I was intending this to double as interior doors too possibly.

:AL Required as it is slaved to that door.  

If you don't have AL I have extracted the door and made it base game (checked in my AGS and it appears to function fine) HERE.  These doors will then show in a game without AL.

Updated: 01-Oct-2010 - fixed shadows

DL
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:38:19 AM by HugeLunatic »

The following users thanked this post: CatherineTCJD, ElfPuddle, LadySilverwolf, tailormade70

Offline raynuss

Re: AL - Werknothon Door Single
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »
Thanks a lot for the one tile doors.  They look Great!  I found a strange thing with the Maxis two tile door.  When it is recolored, the recolors don't show up on the diagonals.  I spent a couple of hours recoloring the Maxis door in all the Maxis colors and several grungy colors and they all look good in the game, but they don't show up on the diagonals.  Aren't the diagonals supposed to be slaved to the normal door?

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 08:03:53 PM »
Yes diagonals are typically slaved to the original.  I have found some of the internal coding in later Ep's to be a bit more sloppy.  I will look into it and see if a fix is needed and will work.

In the meantime, if you recolor the straight then use the eyedropper tool and place on diagonal - does it work?  I have no recolors of the original so I was only testing mine using the 3 EA colors.

And thanks Gayle. :))

Offline raynuss

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
I made a set of recolored diagonals to match my straight recolors so I have, at least, the ability to change the color of the diagonals in the game.  I'm going to remove my diagonal recolors and try out your suggestion of using the eyedropper.  That may work.

I have noticed a problem with your 1-tile doors.  When I placed them on a wall in my test hood, there was a strange shadow on each side of the doors.  The shadows are about the width of the door frame and positioned away from the side of the door about the width of a door frame.   I don't see them in your screenshot though.  Were you playing with shadows off perhaps when you took the screenshots?  FYI, my test hood is in a a vanilla game.

Update:  I tried your suggestion.  I removed my diagonal recolors from my downloads folder, leaving only my straight door recolors and opened my test hood.  I placed a 2-tile door on a straight wall, recolored it and used the eyedropper on it and placed the new door on a diagonal,  It retained the recolor.  Also, If I pick up a recolored door and move it to a diagonal wall, it retains the recolor.  In both cases though, if I try to recolor the recolored door that I put/moved to the diagonal wall, only the 3 EA colors are available.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:38:12 AM by raynuss »

Offline MissReval

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
Thank you, Lunie! :thumbup

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
Gah!  My shadows got turned off!   :curse

I've updated with a fixed version of shadows.  Thanks raynuss!  I will be looking at the recolor issue for the diagonals.

Offline raynuss

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »
The diagonal recolor issue is only for the original EA door.  Your door work fine.

Offline HugeLunatic

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 08:08:36 PM »
I found the issue with the diagonal door and created a fix.

Fix

This only applies to the AL door and not mine, but if you really need to be able to recolor them once placed on the diagonal that fix will allow that.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:38:00 AM by HugeLunatic »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal